Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus GX470, 3x Audi A3, Honda Van, Model S, Tri-Motor Cybertruck
Occupation
CAD Designer
Country flag
Hey All, Just want to share my CT experience as a power generator. I did all the electrical myself. I live in the city and grid power is not any issue except when there is a power outage (seldomly happens). I have decided to go off-grid experience for myself. First off, I have 10kw of solar on my roof and a 150kW of 48 volts battery pack and distributed by 4 6500watts inverters, connected in parallel to provide a 240volt to my main panel. See pictures.

Tesla Cybertruck No Powershare Hardware, No Problem! My Cybertruck setup as a home power generator image

I also have a Champion generator (12500 watts), only 8500 watts out with propane when in use. It’s also loud even with an insulated box. No where near the the CT 240v outlet. CT is giving me 100AMP of charging power and only draw 5.7kW. This is super impressive to me. All my battery pack have their own BMS. I knew all along, the CT is my ultimate tools/vehicle for me. I would say, for my use, worth the $112k spent.

Tesla Cybertruck No Powershare Hardware, No Problem! My Cybertruck setup as a home power generator IMG_4856
Tesla Cybertruck No Powershare Hardware, No Problem! My Cybertruck setup as a home power generator IMG_4855
Tesla Cybertruck No Powershare Hardware, No Problem! My Cybertruck setup as a home power generator IMG_4850
Tesla Cybertruck No Powershare Hardware, No Problem! My Cybertruck setup as a home power generator IMG_4854
Tesla Cybertruck No Powershare Hardware, No Problem! My Cybertruck setup as a home power generator IMG_4852
Tesla Cybertruck No Powershare Hardware, No Problem! My Cybertruck setup as a home power generator image

be off-grid overland. With solar wing

Tesla Cybertruck No Powershare Hardware, No Problem! My Cybertruck setup as a home power generator IMG_4853
Sponsored

SentinelOne

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
See Sig
Occupation
IT
Country flag
wow, quite the setup!

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
100amps?

outtatime

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Impressive! The wall charger is providing 57v@100amps? Or is the wall Charger providing the max CT output for PowerShare of 11ish kw@240v? I didn’t know the wall charger could provide 57v… 57v based on 5.7kw@100amps in your example.

You appear to used every available inch to squeeze everything in. Nice work with the gutter. Very very cool. Very well done and extremely impressive.

I have 22kw solar, enphase micros, four powerwalls, Lumin smart panel, wall charger, model y. Control transformer 600amp service, 200 to gateway. Polaris tapped twin 42 circuit copper bus bar panels. Backfed copper bus combiner for the solar.

Cybertruck is the missing piece to this system to get to near 24/7 energy independence with no concern for average daily load. Curious how Tesla handles loads over 11kw when batteries deplete and only CT through PowerShare. Four Powerwall batteries provide more Kw than CT with Wall charger.

Jow

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FJ Cruiser, '94 Bronco
Occupation
Biz Owner
Country flag
impressive. being in the north, i'm just thinking of power outlet on my furnace/long extension cord to CT to run it in a midwinter power outage. maybe a split off to the refrigerator, but power in my area doesn't go down often or very long.

OP
OP
SONNYDUT

SONNYDUT

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CAD Designer
Country flag
What's your annual home energy consumption (kWh)?
Base of my bill, we were using 12kWh/day. My bill costed me on the high 300 to 400 on the average and summer time add another 30%. I stopped pay SCE since last 4th of July.

OP
OP
SONNYDUT

SONNYDUT

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CAD Designer
Country flag
impressive. being in the north, i'm just thinking of power outlet on my furnace/long extension cord to CT to run it in a midwinter power outage. maybe a split off to the refrigerator, but power in my area doesn't go down often or very long.
For me, this was on my bucket's list, speaking from a mechanic. It turns out great for me though. No better time in my life then now, to have this done.

OP
OP
SONNYDUT

SONNYDUT

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CAD Designer
Country flag
Impressive! The wall charger is providing 57v@100amps? Or is the wall Charger providing the max CT output for PowerShare of 11ish kw@240v? I didn’t know the wall charger could provide 57v… 57v based on 5.7kw@100amps in your example.

You appear to used every available inch to squeeze everything in. Nice work with the gutter. Very very cool. Very well done and extremely impressive.

I have 22kw solar, enphase micros, four powerwalls, Lumin smart panel, wall charger, model y. Control transformer 600amp service, 200 to gateway. Polaris tapped twin 42 circuit copper bus bar panels. Backfed copper bus combiner for the solar.

Cybertruck is the missing piece to this system to get to near 24/7 energy independence with no concern for average daily load. Curious how Tesla handles loads over 11kw when batteries deplete and only CT through PowerShare. Four Powerwall batteries provide more Kw than CT with Wall charger.
Thanks. I was using 48V 100AMP charger using 240v AC. As you could see, I max out the amperage on the charger and it only draw 5.7kW from my CT. I have a 12500 watts gas generator and it could only gave me 30Amp, and it was disturbingly loud. The CT 240v outlet (14-50 plug) is a game changer for my off-grid system. Supercharge my CT when I need to bring power home. It's like going to the grocery and bring home food. I could of gone with powershare but the quote I got was way too high of a cost, so I canceled it. Thanks to the $400 charger I spent 2 years ago.

easytravelman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Model X P90D signature
Occupation
Hard money lender. real estate and crypto investor
Country flag
Hey All, Just want to share my CT experience as a power generator. I did all the electrical myself. I live in the city and grid power is not any issue except when there is a power outage (seldomly happens). I have decided to go off-grid experience for myself. First off, I have 10kw of solar on my roof and a 150kW of 48 volts battery pack and distributed by 4 6500watts inverters, connected in parallel to provide a 240volt to my main panel. See pictures.

image.jpg

I also have a Champion generator (12500 watts), only 8500 watts out with propane when in use. It’s also loud even with an insulated box. No where near the the CT 240v outlet. CT is giving me 100AMP of charging power and only draw 5.7kW. This is super impressive to me. All my battery pack have their own BMS. I knew all along, the CT is my ultimate tools/vehicle for me. I would say, for my use, worth the $112k spent.

IMG_4856.jpeg
IMG_4855.jpeg
IMG_4850.jpeg
IMG_4854.jpeg
IMG_4852.jpeg
image.jpg

be off-grid overland. With solar wing

IMG_4853.jpeg
You my friend are one smart dude. Great Job. I have a home were power outage happens many times a year in semi isolated located. My expectation is to use my CT which I received on monday as a power supply as well.

OP
OP
SONNYDUT

SONNYDUT

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CAD Designer
Country flag
You my friend are one smart dude. Great Job. I have a home were power outage happens many times a year in semi isolated located. My expectation is to use my CT which I received on monday as a power supply as well.
Thanks, I learn a lot from many sources no YouTube. I am sure the the CT could do so many things including power up your house when you need it to.