OneLapper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 328d Sportswagon
Country flag
Can we presume that the CT will not have sway bars?

Since Tesla states that the CT will handle like a sports car AND be capable off road, it's been my experience that a vehicle's suspension can do one or the other, mutually exclusive.

Some high end SUVs, like the Porsche Cayenne, can disconnect the sway bar links when in "off road" mode.

I didn't see sway bar drop links on the CT suspension when watching all the great videos of it at the Petersen museum.

Telsa must plan on using the air suspension to dynamically level the CT in corners. This would require some large air storage tanks and fast acting solenoids and pumps.
Sponsored

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
Can we presume that the CT will not have sway bars?

Since Tesla states that the CT will handle like a sports car AND be capable off road, it's been my experience that a vehicle's suspension can do one or the other, mutually exclusive.

Some high end SUVs, like the Porsche Cayenne, can disconnect the sway bar links when in "off road" mode.

I didn't see sway bar drop links on the CT suspension when watching all the great videos of it at the Petersen museum.

Telsa must plan on using the air suspension to dynamically level the CT in corners. This would require some large air storage tanks and fast acting solenoids and pumps.
I dont think we can presume that. The CT will probably have Sway bars. If anything it will have Disconnecting front sways bars. But my LR3 has a good amount of articulation with full independent suspension and i have never thought about disconnecting my sway bars. Its also not really a rock crawling type of vehicle.. more general off roading. The CT will probably be in a similar category because of its size.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
Don't forget that the CT will have an active suspension system. At my level of understanding that means "different". But it seems that such a system should be able to do what the anti roll bar does.

Last edited:

VolklKatana

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2019 Tesla M3 LR AWD FSD, CT3 reserved
Occupation
Data Architect