Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Escape hybrid; Model Y SR
Occupation
Program Director
Country flag
Hello Everyone,
I noticed that the bed of the Cybertruck has a change to it. At first, it was flat with the slot track grooves. Now, I noticed 2 little circular inserts or something in the bed. Has anyone else noticed this or have any idea what it may be? The first pic was when it was first released and the second pic is from its recent appearance in NY.
Steve

Tesla Cybertruck Odd Changes to Cybertruck Bed? Cybertruck 1.JPG

Tesla Cybertruck Odd Changes to Cybertruck Bed? Cybertruck 2_LI
Sponsored

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 LR, Founders CT (Ordered)
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
I think the top image is actually a render and not a photo. If I had to guess it's either a dimple from their prototype assembly process or maybe a socket above the joint for the bed door. Either way, I'd assume that the rendering is what they'd like to have in the final design.

OP
OP

Obxcast

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Program Director
Country flag
I think the top image is actually a render and not a photo. If I had to guess it's either a dimple from their prototype assembly process or maybe a socket above the joint for the bed door. Either way, I'd assume that the rendering is what they'd like to have in the final design.
That's what I thought also, but I saw video on YouTube then night of the launch and it was not there then either.
Steve

NY YouTube Video (0.04 sec in to video)

Initial Reveal (4:20 in to video)

Last edited:

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
It's a PROTOTYPE for Petes sake! Wait till the engineering builds to start worrying about changes.

Now let's discuss why Klingons in TOS looked different than they did in TNG.

OP
OP

Obxcast

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Program Director
Country flag
Wait..it’s a prototype!? No kidding. Huh. Learn something everyday lol. Im not worried about it but I thought it was interesting. Maybe adaptations for something. But..hey..everyone has an opinion lol.

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
Hello Everyone,
I noticed that the bed of the Cybertruck has a change to it. At first, it was flat with the slot track grooves. Now, I noticed 2 little circular inserts or something in the bed. Has anyone else noticed this or have any idea what it may be? The first pic was when it was first released and the second pic is from its recent appearance in NY.
Steve

Cybertruck 1.JPG

Cybertruck 2_LI.jpg
Think tie down points.

OP
OP

Obxcast

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Program Director
Country flag
Think tie down points.
I know it already has a track system, but maybe more? Or, maybe its just repairs to the prototype, but the circles are intentionally placed to not disrupt the track system so that interests me. What about inserts for a 5th wheel hitch? I know it's only speculation at this point but it caught my attention so I wanted to see what everyone thought.

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
I know it already has a track system, but maybe more? Or, maybe its just repairs to the prototype, but the circles are intentionally placed to not disrupt the track system so that interests me. What about inserts for a 5th wheel hitch? I know it's only speculation at this point but it caught my attention so I wanted to see what everyone thought.
Nah, beauty marks from hauling redneck-style(w/o tiedown)
~1000+# equipment on feet over a speed bump or that tilted back with a harrumph. Starting to look like a pickup!

Grantja9

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Country flag
Hello Everyone,
Steve

Cybertruck 1.JPG

Cybertruck 2_LI.jpg
Reflection from overhead

Bluechip506

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Mazda CX9, Mazda Miata
Country flag
I know it already has a track system, but maybe more?
Do we know it has a track system? Has it ever been confirmed? I know the early speculation was that it had a track system but the newly released high resolution original images cast doubt on that. Hopefully Elon heard the chatter and will include it in the final version if it is something that would be practical to keep clean and in working order.
Sponsored