JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
I have no problem with an intelligent discussion about the relative merits of any tool as opposed to the dangers it poses. I only bristled at the obviously false statement that a firearm is never useful. I live in a suburb attached to a major city, but all it takes is a few minutes to ride out to "limitless" open land. I've had to dispatch jackasses (not the two legged kind), defend from snakes, and even kill a calf whose pelvis had been completely obliterated by vehicle. I shot at a coyote (possibly rabid) that decided to stalk a friend's child when we were hiking from our Jeeps.

The open desert is a bit different from the suburban hiking trails.
It's weird how fast people with freedoms forget how we actually got such freedoms in the first place.

I fear everyone is heading for a reality check, and that pushing pencils doesn't have the same effect as pushing a more substantive tool. I'm sure Ukraine and a bunch of other countries wished they had less pencils, and even less idiots pushing them atm. 😳 :ROFLMAO:
Sponsored

Zabhawkin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 Nissan Frontier, 2015 F-150, 1984 Jeep CJ7
Country flag
Tacos: Yeah Tacos they are not sandwiches while they are both very versatile as to what you put in them the basic difference is the taco uses a tortilla which is a flat and dense that can be easily folded in half. Sandwich bread doesn't handle being folded around the stuffing near as well.

Speaking of sandwich bread getting squished I have found that...
https://www.amazon.com/Buddeez-Brea...IjMuOTcifQ==&sprefix=bread+box,aps,215&sr=8-3
work really well for keeping your bread and sandwiches from getting squished. I even rolled my Jeep onto its side spilling everything out and the bread didn't get squished.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
But a folded taco has bread on both sides of meat, like a sandwich. And an open faced taco is like an open faced sandwich. Is a sandwich a a sandwich with flatbread?

Anyhow...

-Crissa

Zabhawkin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ahh but an open faced taco isn't a taco either its a tostada.

I don't believe so but I am not sure what it is called.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
An open sandwich is not a Pizza. !

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3LR, Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
Now I’m going to have to get some Mexican food before riding to the shooting range today. The closest Mexican sandwich joint is the other direction though.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3LR, Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
Oh, and Mexican sandwiches are called tortas.

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Obviously only makes sense and is funny to people who deal with rangers often.
Most are on a power trip. We had one like that a while ago, he didn't last, they had to employ an extra person in the shire just to handle all the complaints he got. ;)
Hmm. Have to disagree with ”Most”.

It’s like survivorship bias. The ones you remember are the ones on a power trip. The ones you don’t remember you just don’t notice.

Then maybe I’m biased because I get along well with most of the rangers I’ve met. Just spent 4+ hours riding down a 15 miles trail with the forest manager scouting a trail for a big rehab project yesterday. One of my good friends/ riding buddies wife was a ranger as well.

Mostly they are out there because they like being in nature.

Zabhawkin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Is a burrito a sandwich?
Nope for the same reasons above.

Though my wife and I will sometimes take a tortilla add ham cheese and mayo, roll it up like a burrito. We call it a torwich.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Yeah, I've gotten BS tickets from rangers where they really shouldn't have been...

...but most I've met have been chill, even when there was something they could have ticketed for. Very much unlike cops in that way.

-Crissa

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
It could well be that my sample size is just to small too.

But maybe that is also because a lot of the ranger interactions are "because" they think you might be up to something. I admit with most rangers, when I'm travelling, I just drive past and don't normally have a reason to talk to. It's a bit like the cops I suppose, that you don't really see or interact with until something is seriously abnormal or wrong.

Remember though that the statement was in response to the joke.

So maybe my statement should of read: A lot of the ranger interactions are because rangers "think" we are doing something wrong and go on a power trip to prove it?

Anyways. I also said I know some good ones, so I'll update my "ranger" auto-labeler definition and bias hysteresis accordingly. :)
Sponsored