Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Here we have discussed so many of the possible ways the CT could be used and all the various contraptions one might want to use. There is always someone trying to discount those ideas saying no one needs to do that.

But here is a company (Peak Evolution) that is making a vehicle that is capable of doing all the ideas we’ve discussed and more.

Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
FutureBoy

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
I love the sexy 4 wheel steering in the video. Makes me really excited to get that on my CT.

But we’ve also talked about using a Tesla Semi as an RV. This EV looks like the perfect platform for an off road RV. This could be an awesome ride for all sorts of expeditions.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Nice truck. Wouldn't be very efficient or comfortable onroad, but would be fairly capable offroad.

I see those on the fields everytime I visit the relatives in Switzerland, driving around the slopes in the Alps. That one is normally diesel powered.

Tesla Cybertruck Off road EV truck: Peak Evolution 1677164507258

They also do Aebi slope tractor, which is a fairly crazy slope tractor. In the Alps they mow grass where its to steep for cows to graze, which is borderline a adrenalin junky sport. Low center of gravity is critical. Always surprising that they mow everything, every last corner, to make feed. Makes it look like gold courses, but seems ridiculous in comparison to Aussie broadacre fields.

Would be awesome to get EV versions of it.

OP
OP
FutureBoy

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Awesome video for the Aebi slope tractor. Great way to present the features and show how they work. They have an awesome demonstration of the PTO connection.

They also show the "Useful Accessories" in the cabin. Which are as follows:

Phone holder. I've never seen one that was shaped like this but given the slopes the vehicle navigates it makes sense. I might need one of these for my CT while off roading.
Tesla Cybertruck Off road EV truck: Peak Evolution 1677166252476

A special place for what looks like a lunch box including a clamp-like way to hold it in place. Maybe the lunchbox is built for the truck?
Tesla Cybertruck Off road EV truck: Peak Evolution 1677166369787

USB charging location. But actually just a 12V outlet for you to set up a USB outlet on your own. This is an OK solution but I think the CT will have something better than this.
Tesla Cybertruck Off road EV truck: Peak Evolution 1677166466766

And a bottle holder. On first viewing I thought they had a holder for a bottle of Scotch. Turns out though that the drink of choice is apparently a watered down apple juice.
Tesla Cybertruck Off road EV truck: Peak Evolution 1677166552365

Tesla Cybertruck Off road EV truck: Peak Evolution 1677166569017

For a work truck, these seem reasonable. I like the designs to limit movement on steep inclines. But where is my gaming screen?

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Awesome video for the Aebi slope tractor. Great way to present the features and show how they work. They have an awesome demonstration of the PTO connection.

They also show the "Useful Accessories" in the cabin. Which are as follows:

Phone holder. I've never seen one that was shaped like this but given the slopes the vehicle navigates it makes sense. I might need one of these for my CT while off roading.
1677166252476.png

A special place for what looks like a lunch box including a clamp-like way to hold it in place. Maybe the lunchbox is built for the truck?
1677166369787.png

USB charging location. But actually just a 12V outlet for you to set up a USB outlet on your own. This is an OK solution but I think the CT will have something better than this.
1677166466766.png

And a bottle holder. On first viewing I thought they had a holder for a bottle of Scotch. Turns out though that the drink of choice is apparently a watered down apple juice.
1677166552365.png

1677166569017.png

For a work truck, these seem reasonable. I like the designs to limit movement on steep inclines. But where is my gaming screen?
Lol Apfel Shorle is a classic Swiss drink, a sparkling apple juice. Quite refreshing in the summer, and not too sweet.

Phone holder is interesting, but not really usable like that. Bottle holders are a necessity if you sit in there for hours on end. For the PTO I'd rather have the "ePTO" version, where it's just a plug that has a built in motor controller, and the electric motor is on the implement itself. No driveshafts and gearboxes to change rotation orientation then, and better control and efficiency. The good thing with a ePTO is that it is also RPM independent without a gearbox, so you can optimise the implement vs ground speed.

3 point linkage is a must to be compatible with traditional gear, but I prefer the triangle quick hitch for up to Cat2. Cat3 and over is a bit harder to do. An auto connection 3pt hitch setup would be ideally connect the hydraulic remotes, but they can be pricey.

Having a subframe on the CT front and rear to mount extra gear would be pretty awesome, and would make an ideal snowblower for the Alps with small single lane roads and 4WS, driving relatively silently through sleepy snowed in ski resorts.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Tesla needs to start selling Semi sleds…

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P, Rivian R1S
Occupation
Working
Country flag
Lol Apfel Shorle is a classic Swiss drink, a sparkling apple juice. Quite refreshing in the summer, and not too sweet.
Not just Swiss…
Sponsored