Status
Not open for further replies.

ModelC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MX, 2023 M3 SR X 2, 2021 M3 LR
Country flag
Other than the CyberTruck - I would like an LED readout on the top light bar that doubles as a message board.
Sponsored

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Please show me your tracked solar system.
How you deal with love voltage on roll up/expand, deal with abrasion and still manage to have a structure thats stout enough to be theft resistant like the vault is.

I guess I don’t know jack about solar. They say to be an expert you have to do something 10,000 times. Well in my case we’ve crested 6x that amount. Thats roof mount, sliding cover, patio covers, pivoting flex decks, car ports, sky tracking arrays, and center pivot utility scale arrays.
Weirdly your questions are nonsensical since I do store and stack my solar panels, as I pointed out.

You don't put the solar where they rub. Why would you do that? It's nonsensical.

Why would you care about voltage when you're rolling it up or down? You have two choices: Electronically unplug it when it's rolled up partially (which is what Tesla uses for their breakers in the car already) or balance the voltage across each slat. I'd probably choose that latter, since it would mean that shadows bottom to top would have less impact. It's statements like these that make me think you don't actually know anything about solar.

And your statement about theft is also nonsensical. Are they going to pry the cells off the metal slats?

And I never claimed to be an expert, but I've built my own arrays multiple times, tho it's just easier to buy pre-made panels. Solar is hard to optimize, but also very forgiving when you mismatch things. Especially using MPPT controllers vs PWM. And even the latter is just dumb simple as schematics go.

the tesla solar roof has plenty of issues as is.
Its also not designed to move and the tiles themselves would never fit in the track and if they somehow did the “canister” area they would roll up into would have to be enormous.
Yes, because solar cells are never arranged in different shapes. *sigh*

This all said, I don't think Tesla will do it because it's not an Elon priority, alas.

-Crissa

Last edited:

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
Weirdly your questions are nonsensical since I do store and stack my solar panels, as I pointed out.

You don't put the solar where they rub. Why would you do that? It's nonsensical.

Why would you care about voltage when you're rolling it up or down? You have two choices: Electronically unplug it when it's rolled up partially (which is what Tesla uses for their breakers in the car already) or balance the voltage across each slat. I'd probably choose that latter, since it would mean that shadows bottom to top would have less impact. It's statements like these that make me think you don't actually know anything about solar.

And your statement about theft is also nonsensical. Are they going to pry the cells off the metal slats?

And I never claimed to be an expert, but I've built my own arrays multiple times, tho it's just easier to buy pre-made panels. Solar is hard to optimize, but also very forgiving when you mismatch things. Especially using MPPT controllers vs PWM. And even the latter is just dumb simple as schematics go.

Yes, because solar cells are never arranged in different shapes. *sigh*

This all said, I don't think Tesla will do it because it's not an Elon priority, alas.

-Crissa

I think solar an the glass roof is more likely than on the tonneau. Insane technology bandwagon without solar is not insane it's just crazy.

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
No pee tube needed. Even if it has a theoretical 500 mile range, the actual range will more likely be 450 or less at highway speeds. You will not wait to fill up until 0 miles and you won't charge to 100%. So a more realistic range between charges would be around 330 miles. So roughly 4-4.5 hours of driving between stops. If you are towing then cut that in half.
My dude, I'ma need a tube after about 100 miles...

Owner13669

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Electric snowplow and/or electric snowblower.

OP
OP
Gurule92

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
Wipers have a button in the Y but since it'll be gone in the CT, I might agree with you. In the Y I just tap the button and set on the screen, it's become easy for me.

Glovebox can get old quick but I'm hoping center console storage will be the new glove box

I've never had an issue with the lights besides turning off auto highs. But again, stalks are gone on CT so it could suck.

Anyone with a new model X or S miss the stalks for these reasons?

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Some aftermarket stalks, rotary encoders or three postion flip switches would be good aftermarket accessories. And a mobile BT remote for winch, compressor, lights and other remote controlable bits.

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y, 23 Lightning, CyberTruck (someday)
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
Faux truck bed exhaust stacks.

Tesla Cybertruck Official Cybertruck Accessory store is live!! Includes: Tailgate ramp, Basecamp, wrap, franz ball decal and more 1678892316346

With onboard roll coal toggle

Tesla Cybertruck Official Cybertruck Accessory store is live!! Includes: Tailgate ramp, Basecamp, wrap, franz ball decal and more 1678892463624

CyberBC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Dodge Ram 3500, 2011 Chevy Volt
Occupation
Farrier
Country flag
Has anyone spotted or heard about 120v charge ports in the cab? I need those for my microwave and fridge drawer design behind the driver seat.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
You can control high beams from a lever. Are you trying to turn the lights off while driving?

Likewise, wipers can be triggered from the stalk, as can the sprayer. You do need the screen to control speed I guess.

Who opens their glovebox “Hourly”?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.