J. Childs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck (hopeful)
Occupation
Electronics Engineer
Country flag
I thought tracking trailer production news would be a good indicator or insight into the Cybertruck progress.
But I cannot find out if it is even made by Tesla, let alone production progress on it.
Can anyone point me in the direction of any good leads?
Sponsored

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Some info here:

https://www.yankodesign.com/2022/08...to-achieve-an-eco-friendly-lifestyle-in-2022/

To be honest the setup is to complicated and expensive without enough solar to make charging very meaningful. If it had like 10kW or so of PV we'd be cooking. Like it is I doubt that the energy it can generate would justify pulling it around at all for any meaningful extra range. Better off just driving a bit slower.

OP
OP

childs145

First Name
J. Childs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck (hopeful)
Occupation
Electronics Engineer
Country flag
I am looking for info on the camper and trailer items shown in the patent documents.

Tesla Cybertruck Official CyberTruck Trailer? camper

Tesla Cybertruck Official CyberTruck Trailer? trailer

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I am looking for info on the camper and trailer items shown in the patent documents.

camper.png

trailer.png
Every time I see that camping setup I cringe. I know itā€™s just a representative thing, but whoever put it together neither understands campingā€¦ nor the laws of physics.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
What's wrong with it?
Itā€™s impossible to access the vault area without stepping on your kitchen counter for starters. Youā€™d also have to raise the truck to itā€™s highest setting or the stove top will be ridiculously low.

I also thought the drawer setup was impossible at first, now I think itā€™s merely unlikely.

I very much prefer Rivianā€™s approach to the kitchen. It pulls out of the side where itā€™s not blocking your main storage area.

I suspect if Tesla does do a kitchen type thing for the truck it will be a bit better thought out than this.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Itā€™s impossible to access the vault area without stepping on your kitchen counter for starters.
Vault pass through confirmed!!

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag

camper.png

trailer.png
Reminder, reading a patent application the -only- thing that matters legally are its ā€œclaimsā€. They are the only thing an examiner looks at.

Nothing else matters legally or affects the patent application. Its there to help a reader unfamiliar with the patent, concepts and any drawings to inform scale, positional or claimed invention workings.
So thereā€™s no incentive to detail the invention to the point of reproducibility.

Narrative, research and drawings assist the examiner understand the concept, claims and invention highest embodiment. So a drawing looks ridiculous NBD. Its an invention cartoon not the product that the patent will cover.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Reminder, reading a patent application the -only- thing that matters legally are its ā€œclaimsā€. They are the only thing an examiner looks at.

Nothing else matters legally or affects the patent application. Its there to help a reader unfamiliar with the patent, concepts and any drawings to inform scale, positional or claimed invention workings.
So thereā€™s no incentive to detail the invention to the point of reproducibility.

Narrative, research and drawings assist the examiner understand the concept, claims and invention highest embodiment. So a drawing looks ridiculous NBD. Its an invention cartoon not the product that the patent will cover.
Yeah. Likewise a lot of renders and whatnot from Tesla are the product of interns and not representative of actual future products unless Tesla suggests as much. Saw some illustrations for one of Teslas slide shows with a dually Cybertruck a while back.

SparkChaser

First Name
Leigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck Ticket Holder, Ford Ranger, Mini Coup
Occupation
Airline Inspector
Country flag
Yeah. Likewise a lot of renders and whatnot from Tesla are the product of interns and not representative of actual future products unless Tesla suggests as much. Saw some illustrations for one of Teslas slide shows with a dually Cybertruck a while back.
Tesla Cybertruck Official CyberTruck Trailer? 654059

Tesla Cybertruck Official CyberTruck Trailer? tesla-cybertruck-follows-roadster-to-mars-as-a-settler-s-daily-driver-144635-7

RVAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
Itā€™s impossible to access the vault area without stepping on your kitchen counter for starters. Youā€™d also have to raise the truck to itā€™s highest setting or the stove top will be ridiculously low.

I also thought the drawer setup was impossible at first, now I think itā€™s merely unlikely.

I very much prefer Rivianā€™s approach to the kitchen. It pulls out of the side where itā€™s not blocking your main storage area.

I suspect if Tesla does do a kitchen type thing for the truck it will be a bit better thought out than this.
Why is the need to access the mattress while cooking important? There's no storage space there aside from that second drawer that does not have the induction top, any other cargo will have to go in the frunk or the back seats.

I do agree that Rivian's approach is better, it should be as the whole truck is designed for that purpose, but I don't see how it can be replicated on the Cybertruck without seriously compromising bed length ... provided it can be done in the first place due to the exoskeleton design.

Not that it really matters as I don't think we'll ever see a Tesla kitchen produced.

Saw some illustrations for one of Teslas slide shows with a dually Cybertruck a while back.
Link? I've never seen an official Tesla render.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
the truck is 82" say wide, the bed would be ~60" wide? (1.52mtr. I think its more)

each of the 2 pullouts would be 2' 1" (64cm) wide ,max I think

The 2 pullouts would be a combined 4' 2" or 128cm
https://outdoorexplorer.com.au/best-caravan-slide-out-kitchens-australia/

By this reckoning , the bed has about 10" (25cm) to spare to move through. I think that would be minimum, yet the official pic below shows no room. I think it's not to scale.

Obviously these calculations aren't correct. but there is enough room for error, I think.

Tesla Cybertruck Official CyberTruck Trailer? 1663327608529

I should add, overall, its a crappy kitchen design. I would have it swing out..we are a trillion dollar company aren't we ?

Last edited: