Itnub

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Foundation delivery Feb-March
Country flag
Well after the price drops and value assessment of what Foundation AWD had to offer, plus the additional 6k to install my “free power share” (I already have a wall charger), I called today and changed my configuration to non foundation. It was no problem, and they will adjust the config and update the timeline. Likely Q4 ‘25, in Tesla translation I take that to Q2-3 of ‘26.

None of the issues really bothered me, but paying and then not getting FSD until some unknown date, the additional cost of powershare install, and the minimal other “perks” of the foundation did not make sense. No digs at anyone who has it, I still love it, but I am going to wait it out. Hopefully by then most of the small bugs will get worked out as well. RN 11285xxxx. I’m not sure how many other people have done this but at the end of the day I’m glad they didn’t meet there. Jan to March delivery window for me. Allowed me to calc it out. Most people, including myself originally just pushed aside the 20 K plus up as a way to get it early and the perc didn’t matter much. I think as they get further down the reservation line and people start thinking it over because of the time they have to decide there may be more of this. Also, FYI, it appears as though I get to keep my order it just changes my config to non-foundation and pushes out any timelines to whenever they start making them.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Itnub

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Foundation delivery Feb-March
Country flag
Not sure about Q4 2025 is your original place in line. Seem more like you are back to end of line of new reservation.
No, it will. be the order like the rest of all non-foundation orders done instead of FS from the sound of it. I’ll update you once they finish the ticket.

Spacenoddle

First Name
Nan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
IT
Country flag
No, it will. be the order like the rest of all non-foundation orders done instead of FS from the sound of it. I’ll update you once they finish the ticket.
Wow, that is much further than anyone thought would be for an non-FS CT to start. Keep us updated, Thx.

Treynor

First Name
Treynor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck dual motor
Occupation
President
Country flag
This hit me harder than I thought. With an RN#113xxx the tracker suggested an invite would come about December ‘24. I was contemplating waiting for a non-foundation.

You’re factoring Q3 ‘26? I understand that is worth 20k savings but that is a LONG time. I know we’ve all waited years, half a decade but this hits hard.

I’ll watch this thread for happier news . . . If it ever comes.

gbox

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyberbeast, Model Y
Country flag
@Itnub I commend your financial responsibility/analysis and will power. Just got mine and no regrets on cyberbeast and foundation and I’m fortunate I could afford it but it definitely is a premium to get it faster but I want FSD so it’s worth it but if you don’t care for fsd then agree with getting rid of foundation. if fsd does not come within 6 months I may be upset but I ordered FSD on the 3 before it existed so I am not worried that won’t happen for the cybertruck. Hope you get good news in your update with timing.

WormtownKris

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3, 2013 F150
Occupation
Outside Sales
Country flag
Wow, that is much further than anyone thought would be for an non-FS CT to start. Keep us updated, Thx.
Yeah, but his res is RN #11285XXXX. He's not cutting to the first non-FS. If they restart ~at the top, that reservation number is a ways down the pecking order. There will be a much higher take rate for the non-FS at the better price point.

Spacenoddle

First Name
Nan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Yeah, but his res is RN #11285XXXX. He's not cutting to the first non-FS. If they restart ~at the top, that reservation number is a ways down the pecking order. There will be a much higher take rate for the non-FS at the better price point.
I am at RN 11285XXX and i have the VIN and my CT will arrive by 5/4, I would consider the extra 20k is well spend if the RN will be slip to Q2 of 2026 for non-FS. That is 2 years span and we don't e even know what acutal price by then.

That was why i really doubt the OP is kept in the old position of the line to start with.

vinsk

First Name
Vin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, M3
Occupation
SW
Country flag
I’ve psychologically convinced myself loosing 20k+ on the FS. Also used tricks on myself like “You live only once”, “will work harder” and many more to sweeten the deal.

Cyber Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne, Awaiting Cyberbeast
Country flag
Well after the price drops and value assessment of what Foundation AWD had to offer, plus the additional 6k to install my “free power share” (I already have a wall charger), I called today and changed my configuration to non foundation. It was no problem, and they will adjust the config and update the timeline. Likely Q4 ‘25, in Tesla translation I take that to Q2-3 of ‘26.

None of the issues really bothered me, but paying and then not getting FSD until some unknown date, the additional cost of powershare install, and the minimal other “perks” of the foundation did not make sense. No digs at anyone who has it, I still love it, but I am going to wait it out. Hopefully by then most of the small bugs will get worked out as well. RN 11285xxxx. I’m not sure how many other people have done this but at the end of the day I’m glad they didn’t meet there. Jan to March delivery window for me. Allowed me to calc it out. Most people, including myself originally just pushed aside the 20 K plus up as a way to get it early and the perc didn’t matter much. I think as they get further down the reservation line and people start thinking it over because of the time they have to decide there may be more of this. Also, FYI, it appears as though I get to keep my order it just changes my config to non-foundation and pushes out any timelines to whenever they start making them.
I’m glad they changed it for you. They didn’t do it for my CyberBeast FS reservation. They just keep putting a hold on it for a month or so and kept extending it. This time they told me they won’t extend after June 1st.

REM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Telsa Model 3 Standard Range+ Extra Supermega
Occupation
IT
Country flag

I'm in the same boat, glad to know I'm not alone. The exclusivity of FS is just gone at this point and I can't justify spending that much extra money.

I didn't call in, but I did text the number I was in contact with (didn't get a response back). I had a FS beast reserved, which means I dropped that $1K deposit. Hopefully I'll be able to roll that into the AWD non FS when it becomes available. I hope I'm still holding my place in line.

My guess is that non FS will start shipping late this year, and a significant ramp wont start until H2 of 2025.

rizvend

First Name
JAKEMBL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybrtrk, aptera reserved
Occupation
Nurse Informaticist
Country flag

As long as you are content and happy with your decision, that is all that matters. See you at the Wedge in 2026!

Chad49

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S (2018); Model Y (2024); CT RN112770742
Country flag

I have been sitting on my RN11277#### order to design a FS for all the same reasons you explained. When I first received the ability to order it was very difficult to "HOLD" but the numbers didn't make sense to me (and I really want the tax credit, it is like a badge of honor to hold back from Uncle Sam), especially when I started hearing owners were not even getting some of the options paid for like light bar and FSD. So I made the decision to wait for Non FS models.

Are you saying I have to call Tesla and get this switched to a Non FS? I can't just let this order sit in my app and await the release of the Non FS?

If so, what number did you call? Thank you for the heads up!!

Boo23

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, BMW M40 Z4, 84 Camaro Z28
Occupation
CEO
Country flag
I’d be curious to know who/what number you called as I’m thinking the same thing, paid my $1,000 on April 2nd for Cyberbeast. The money isn’t an issue I’m more concerned with potential issues getting ironed out without paying $20k to be the beta tester.
Sponsored