JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
collector chevy K20, cybertruck asap
Occupation
Coach
Country flag
Guys, it is just money so if you can afford it just buy it because it is a good package deal. You can work extra time to make more cash. I am sure you will be happy for two to three years having a truck you want. I did the math and the stuff I am getting for $20K are what I would order anyway including FSD. I ordered and waiting for months now just to get a vin. I watched Sandy Monro videos and others the truck is packed with new stuff that other OEM including Rivian do not have in their trucks and will not have those features for years. "Courage" . If you have kids in the house your family will definitely enjoy it for two plus years instead of delaying it.
Sponsored

vinsk

First Name
Vin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, M3, CT AWD
Occupation
SW
Country flag
I have been sitting on my RN11277#### order to design a FS for all the same reasons you explained. When I first received the ability to order it was very difficult to "HOLD" but the numbers didn't make sense to me (and I really want the tax credit, it is like a badge of honor to hold back from Uncle Sam), especially when I started hearing owners were not even getting some of the options paid for like light bar and FSD. So I made the decision to wait for Non FS models.

Are you saying I have to call Tesla and get this switched to a Non FS? I can't just let this order sit in my app and await the release of the Non FS?

If so, what number did you call? Thank you for the heads up!!
As far as my understanding goes, You don't need to do anything. You'll be pretty much at the front for the Non-FS orders.

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
Well after the price drops and value assessment of what Foundation AWD had to offer, plus the additional 6k to install my “free power share” (I already have a wall charger), I called today and changed my configuration to non foundation. It was no problem, and they will adjust the config and update the timeline. Likely Q4 ‘25, in Tesla translation I take that to Q2-3 of ‘26.

None of the issues really bothered me, but paying and then not getting FSD until some unknown date, the additional cost of powershare install, and the minimal other “perks” of the foundation did not make sense. No digs at anyone who has it, I still love it, but I am going to wait it out. Hopefully by then most of the small bugs will get worked out as well. RN 11285xxxx. I’m not sure how many other people have done this but at the end of the day I’m glad they didn’t meet there. Jan to March delivery window for me. Allowed me to calc it out. Most people, including myself originally just pushed aside the 20 K plus up as a way to get it early and the perc didn’t matter much. I think as they get further down the reservation line and people start thinking it over because of the time they have to decide there may be more of this. Also, FYI, it appears as though I get to keep my order it just changes my config to non-foundation and pushes out any timelines to whenever they start making them.
does it show on hold in yoour account?

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
I have been sitting on my RN11277#### order to design a FS for all the same reasons you explained. When I first received the ability to order it was very difficult to "HOLD" but the numbers didn't make sense to me (and I really want the tax credit, it is like a badge of honor to hold back from Uncle Sam), especially when I started hearing owners were not even getting some of the options paid for like light bar and FSD. So I made the decision to wait for Non FS models.

Are you saying I have to call Tesla and get this switched to a Non FS? I can't just let this order sit in my app and await the release of the Non FS?

If so, what number did you call? Thank you for the heads up!!
wouldnt it be wild if the people switchiing. from FS got their non-fs before the FS skippers? lol

• Wow
Reactions: REM

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
Guys, it is just money so if you can afford it just buy it because it is a good package deal. You can work extra time to make more cash. I am sure you will be happy for two to three years having a truck you want. I did the math and the stuff I am getting for $20K are what I would order anyway including FSD. I ordered and waiting for months now just to get a vin. I watched Sandy Monro videos and others the truck is packed with new stuff that other OEM including Rivian do not have in their trucks and will not have those features for years. "Courage" . If you have kids in the house your family will definitely enjoy it for two plus years instead of delaying it.
This is a silly post IMO, its not a good deal. FSD isnt on the truck, it has less range than non-FS (due to tires), wall chargers are cheap now and all the accessories they throw in will have cheaper versions aftermarket.

The only part that may be a good deal is the powershare install but only if you get the beast.

Did you do the math with FSD only costing 8k? Did you include tax incentives in your math?

It may have more stuff than the R1T, thats true. But does the price difference justify it? This one does qualify
Tesla Cybertruck Officially changed my order to non-foundation 1714144554587-xx
for taxx incentive and is much quicker than the FS AWD
Tesla Cybertruck Officially changed my order to non-foundation 1714144762066-9

Here's another.

78,000. - 3750 - 5000 (colorado) = 69,250
69,250 vs 100,000 minimum.

Once Non-FS comes out, that will be a good deal.

I do agree though, if you're daddy warbucks, get that ish

Last edited:

Cougs

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Coach
Country flag
This is a silly post IMO, its not a good deal. FSD isnt on the truck, it has less range than non-FS (due to tires), wall chargers are cheap now and all the accessories they throw in will have cheaper versions aftermarket.

The only part that may be a good deal is the powershare install but only if you get the beast.

Did you do the math with FSD only costing 8k? Did you include tax incentives in your math?

It may have more stuff than the R1T, thats true. But does the price difference justify it? This one does qualify
1714144554587-xx.png
for taxx incentive and is much quicker than the FS AWD

I do agree though, if you're daddy warbucks, get that ish
1. I am saying you can wait if you can handle the wait but I would not wait for years to justify saving few dollars.
2. Rivian is a good company and I hope they succeed and thrive but the Rivian is no match in technology to the Cybertruck. Their software is no match to Tesla software. The chargers compared to tesla is no match yet.
3. Cheaper Cybertruck accessories do not exist, you go Tsportsline.com and see the pricing. It is a cybertruck. Everbrite Kits were $299 jumped up to $399 quickly as soon as youtubers start suggesting it to clean and put a protective coat on the steel instead of wrap.

I could not justify the wait just to save $20k, I work extra time if I have to (I do not have to) and buy now. You are here in this forum because you like the truck so get it.

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
1. I am saying you can wait if you can handle the wait but I would not wait for years to justify saving few dollars.
2. Rivian is a good company and I hope they succeed and thrive but the Rivian is no match in technology to the Cybertruck. Their software is no match to Tesla software. The chargers compared to tesla is no match yet.
3. Cheaper Cybertruck accessories do not exist, you go Tsportsline.com and see the pricing. It is a cybertruck. Everbrite Kits were $299 jumped up to $399 quickly as soon as youtubers start suggesting it to clean and put a protective coat on the steel instead of wrap.

I could not justify the wait just to save $20k, I work extra time if I have to (I do not have to) and buy now. You are here in this forum because you like the truck so get it.
Their software is actually pretty close to teslas, have you tried it recently? Especially the offroad software (which is better)

Rivian literally has access to tesla's supercharger network. AND the rivian adventure network.

If 20k + lost tax incentives + extra tax is a few dollars to you then I guess it wouldnt make sense to wait.

Tsportline isnt the only place with accessories.

CT is the better truck, IMO whichis why im still holding out, but the value proposition cant be ignored. If you look at just the specs, you can get more range, quicker speed and equal towing capacity for tens of thousands less than CT.

My fingers are crossed that it wont be "years" to wait.

Cougs

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Coach
Country flag
Rivian literally has access to tesla's supercharger network. AND the rivian adventure network

If 20k is a few dollars to you then I guess it wouldnt make sense to wait.

Tsportline isnt the only place with accessories.

1. $20K is $20k for everyone. We just think differently. I buy new techs as soon as they announce them if I am interested to get them. I just work harder to make up for the spending and never took bank loans.

Their software is actually pretty close to teslas, have you tried it recently? Especially the offroad software (which is better)

2. Tesla software is the best software. Rivian software is a good software and agree that it is improving.

"Rivian literally has access to tesla's supercharger network. AND the rivian adventure network"

3. Tesla allowed only some chargers not all of their available chargers, not the busy chargers. Availability of Tesla Superchargers for non-Tesla EVs remains constrained at this time. OEM do not have access to all Tesla superchargers especially Superchargers V4.

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
1. $20K is $20k for everyone. We just think differently. I buy new techs as soon as they announce them if I am interested to get them. I just work harder to make up for the spending and never took bank loans.

2. Tesla software is the best software. Rivian software is a good software and agree that it is improving.

"Rivian literally has access to tesla's supercharger network. AND the rivian adventure network"

3. Tesla allowed only some chargers not all of their available chargers, not the busy chargers. Availability of Tesla Superchargers for non-Tesla EVs remains constrained at this time. OEM do not have access to all Tesla superchargers especially Superchargers V4.
I think most V3 are open and v2 are off limits.

But being able to not take bank loans on a 100k car makes 20k not the same to everyone. For some people, no matter how hard you work, that's just not achievable. Totally depends on life circumstances.

I'm one of those bleeding edge tech guys, that's why I wanted to be early in the CT. But for me, at some point logic has to fight with my want to have something new. And 32,500 over the actual cost is that line for me. (Tax incentives included).

For 100k, you could get a model x and a model Y new.

cgray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CYBERTRUCK, '22 Model X, '22 BMW M4 Competition
Occupation
sales
Country flag
Well after the price drops and value assessment of what Foundation AWD had to offer, plus the additional 6k to install my “free power share” (I already have a wall charger), I called today and changed my configuration to non foundation. It was no problem, and they will adjust the config and update the timeline. Likely Q4 ‘25, in Tesla translation I take that to Q2-3 of ‘26.

None of the issues really bothered me, but paying and then not getting FSD until some unknown date, the additional cost of powershare install, and the minimal other “perks” of the foundation did not make sense. No digs at anyone who has it, I still love it, but I am going to wait it out. Hopefully by then most of the small bugs will get worked out as well. RN 11285xxxx. I’m not sure how many other people have done this but at the end of the day I’m glad they didn’t meet there. Jan to March delivery window for me. Allowed me to calc it out. Most people, including myself originally just pushed aside the 20 K plus up as a way to get it early and the perc didn’t matter much. I think as they get further down the reservation line and people start thinking it over because of the time they have to decide there may be more of this. Also, FYI, it appears as though I get to keep my order it just changes my config to non-foundation and pushes out any timelines to whenever they start making them.
What part of PA are you in? I am not far behind you, RN11288, submitted my order 2/28 with March - May delivery. Did you have a VIN prior to changing your order? I am on the fence now as well, given how much my 1 year old model 3 performance has depreciated in less than 12 months... makes me sick trading this thing in (which I only bought to hold me over until my truck came) and eating all the extra costs out of pocket for FS and trade in depreciation.

txtravwill

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, BMW, Ford
Country flag
I’ve psychologically convinced myself loosing 20k+ on the FS. Also used tricks on myself like “You live only once”, “will work harder” and many more to sweeten the deal.
Same here a bit. Confirmed my order today on 4/26/24. I'm also justifying it a ton by saying, its like getting another 8 powerwalls on top of our existing 4 which is worth like $50K+.

skinzy

First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911,Ford f-150,Porsche cayenne, CyberTruck
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Smart move! I’d do the same if I wasn’t 73. Time is valuable to me. What’s another year or so to get a better product at a lower price. It’s a no brainer.

HyperReality

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CB650f
Country flag
How exactly did you change your order to a non-FS? Sounds like you still lose $1000.

OP
OP

Itnub

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Foundation delivery Feb-March
Country flag
Well *}+k. They got me. Called today to update and confirm for the thread, low and behold… got a vin starting delivery. No proof my call did anything,I certainly was losing hope and the anxiety alone was killing me since I already offloaded a car. Seems odd to me that the day after I jumped the gun to change, poof. - VIN 61xx. Please don’t take this as an assumption that my call did anything I was coming up on 90 days which is around or close to the average. All those posting about the money yeah I have it. I was just going all fiscally responsible justifying my decision to get rid of waiting. I was going to lease an S class to kill the time. If it took them two more days, that car would already be in my driveway. Ordered 2/1/24 VIN 4/26. If delivery happens quickly I firmly believe I literally jumped the gun by a day. If it doesn’t, I’ll let everybody know.

OP
OP

Itnub

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Foundation delivery Feb-March
Country flag
I’d be curious to know who/what number you called as I’m thinking the same thing, paid my $1,000 on April 2nd for Cyberbeast. The money isn’t an issue I’m more concerned with potential issues getting ironed out without paying $20k to be the beta tester.
Called the number on the manage order link
Sponsored