Officially changed my order to non-foundation

Cyber Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne, Awaiting Cyberbeast
Country flag
Well *}+k. They got me. Called today to update and confirm for the thread, low and behold… got a vin starting delivery. No proof my call did anything,I certainly was losing hope and the anxiety alone was killing me since I already offloaded a car. Seems odd to me that the day after I jumped the gun to change, poof. - VIN 61xx. Please don’t take this as an assumption that my call did anything I was coming up on 90 days which is around or close to the average. All those posting about the money yeah I have it. I was just going all fiscally responsible justifying my decision to get rid of waiting. I was going to lease an S class to kill the time. If it took them two more days, that car would already be in my driveway. Ordered 2/1/24 VIN 4/26. If delivery happens quickly I firmly believe I literally jumped the gun by a day. If it doesn’t, I’ll let everybody know.
So, you couldn’t change the order from FS and non-FS, and you are taking the FS delivery soon?
Sponsored

OP
OP

Itnub

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Foundation delivery Feb-March
Country flag
What part of PA are you in? I am not far behind you, RN11288, submitted my order 2/28 with March - May delivery. Did you have a VIN prior to changing your order? I am on the fence now as well, given how much my 1 year old model 3 performance has depreciated in less than 12 months... makes me sick trading this thing in (which I only bought to hold me over until my truck came) and eating all the extra costs out of pocket for FS and trade in depreciation.
i got a vin the day after I put in the change… tbd on the outcome

Cyber Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne, Awaiting Cyberbeast
Country flag
i got a vin the day after I put in the change… tbd on the outcome
btw, I was told by a Tesla rep that once VIN is allocated, you can extend the reservation by max 3 months. After that you have to take the delivery of the next vin assigned. Take this with a grain of salt as their policies keep changing!

Tesla Cybertruck Officially changed my order to non-foundation IMG_0434

CYBRTGR

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X & 3
Occupation
Pro Leisure Circuit Director
Country flag
Well *}+k. They got me. Called today to update and confirm for the thread, low and behold… got a vin starting delivery. No proof my call did anything,I certainly was losing hope and the anxiety alone was killing me since I already offloaded a car. Seems odd to me that the day after I jumped the gun to change, poof. - VIN 61xx. Please don’t take this as an assumption that my call did anything I was coming up on 90 days which is around or close to the average. All those posting about the money yeah I have it. I was just going all fiscally responsible justifying my decision to get rid of waiting. I was going to lease an S class to kill the time. If it took them two more days, that car would already be in my driveway. Ordered 2/1/24 VIN 4/26. If delivery happens quickly I firmly believe I literally jumped the gun by a day. If it doesn’t, I’ll let everybody know.
I think you made the right decision to purchase the CT now. I had similar thoughts about delaying delivery due to: I didn't want FSD (my plan was to rent it), I already have a wall connector, didn't want to pay for the PowerShare install, didn't want white interior AND didn't want to part with $20k for FS. Well, three months and 4k miles later, I am more than glad I bought the FS now. really love the steer by wire, maneuverability, ride comfort, sound system, truck bed, etc.

Enjoy the Ride!

Jabman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Ram 1500
Country flag
There is definitely no rhyme or reason to the VIN assignment. I’m well over 90 days in NJ and no VIN. Maybe jumping ship forced their hand? In any event, go for it! Make the rest of us jealous with your decision. From what others have posted on this thread, it was well worth it.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
Guys, it is just money so if you can afford it just buy it because it is a good package deal. You can work extra time to make more cash. I am sure you will be happy for two to three years having a truck you want. I did the math and the stuff I am getting for $20K are what I would order anyway including FSD. I ordered and waiting for months now just to get a vin. I watched Sandy Monro videos and others the truck is packed with new stuff that other OEM including Rivian do not have in their trucks and will not have those features for years. "Courage" . If you have kids in the house your family will definitely enjoy it for two plus years instead of delaying it.
Well I agree with you the truck is not directly comparable to anything else, it's mind-bendingly good, far better than most Cybertruck reviews can even reveal, but the purchase decision is very personal to each individual's current situation, and not to be taken lightly. Precisely because everyone's financial position is different and no one can say what the right decision is for someone else.

My advice for people that can afford it, but not easily, is to carefully consider the benefits of using patience to save that $20K (or perhaps $12K if you will be buying FSD anyway). The only real reason to throw away $12-$20K that easily is if Cybertruck is truly your primary passion in life (and it's not just a diversion), or, you have more money than you need, and will never miss it.

In my case it was a no-brainer to buy it, because not only will I not miss the extra $12K, I am truely passionate about electrification and Tesla's latest and greatest products (and I have wanted to ditch the F-150 ever since I experienced my first electric car, my 2018 Model 3). I'm pretty sure that not everyone who can technically afford it, and wants one, can say the same. There is a reason why the saying, "Patience is a virtue" has such staying power.

GatorCyber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Cybertruck
Country flag
This is a silly post IMO, its not a good deal. FSD isnt on the truck, it has less range than non-FS (due to tires), wall chargers are cheap now and all the accessories they throw in will have cheaper versions aftermarket.

The only part that may be a good deal is the powershare install but only if you get the beast.

Did you do the math with FSD only costing 8k? Did you include tax incentives in your math?

It may have more stuff than the R1T, thats true. But does the price difference justify it? This one does qualify
1714144554587-xx.png
for taxx incentive and is much quicker than the FS AWD
1714144762066-9p.png

Here's another.

78,000. - 3750 - 5000 (colorado) = 69,250
69,250 vs 100,000 minimum.

Once Non-FS comes out, that will be a good deal.

I do agree though, if you're daddy warbucks, get that ish
But Rivian won't sell me a car in Florida Panhandle and nearest service is over 5 hours away

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
Well after the price drops and value assessment of what Foundation AWD had to offer, plus the additional 6k to install my “free power share” (I already have a wall charger), I called today and changed my configuration to non foundation. It was no problem, and they will adjust the config and update the timeline. Likely Q4 ‘25, in Tesla translation I take that to Q2-3 of ‘26.

None of the issues really bothered me, but paying and then not getting FSD until some unknown date, the additional cost of powershare install, and the minimal other “perks” of the foundation did not make sense. No digs at anyone who has it, I still love it, but I am going to wait it out. Hopefully by then most of the small bugs will get worked out as well. RN 11285xxxx. I’m not sure how many other people have done this but at the end of the day I’m glad they didn’t meet there. Jan to March delivery window for me. Allowed me to calc it out. Most people, including myself originally just pushed aside the 20 K plus up as a way to get it early and the perc didn’t matter much. I think as they get further down the reservation line and people start thinking it over because of the time they have to decide there may be more of this. Also, FYI, it appears as though I get to keep my order it just changes my config to non-foundation and pushes out any timelines to whenever they start making them.
WTF, man.

Cougs

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
collector chevy K20, cybertruck asap
Occupation
Coach
Country flag
Well I agree with you the truck is not directly comparable to anything else, it's mind-bendingly good, far better than most Cybertruck reviews can even reveal, but the purchase decision is very personal to each individual's current situation, and not to be taken lightly. Precisely because everyone's financial position is different and no one can say what the right decision is for someone else.

My advice for people that can afford it, but not easily, is to carefully consider the benefits of using patience to save that $20K (or perhaps $12K if you will be buying FSD anyway). The only real reason to throw away $12-$20K that easily is if Cybertruck is truly your primary passion in life (and it's not just a diversion), or, you have more money than you need, and will never miss it.

In my case it was a no-brainer to buy it, because not only will I not miss the extra $12K, I am truely passionate about electrification and Tesla's latest and greatest products (and I have wanted to ditch the F-150 ever since I experienced my first electric car, my 2018 Model 3). I'm pretty sure that not everyone who can technically afford it, and wants one, can say the same. There is a reason why the saying, "Patience is a virtue" has such staying power.
I do not get it, you give advice yet asking others not to give advice. Buy the truck if you can afford it and that is an advice. They are in this forum because they want the truck badly. I am saying money is just money.

txtravwill

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, BMW, Ford
Country flag
Smart move! I’d do the same if I wasn’t 73. Time is valuable to me. What’s another year or so to get a better product at a lower price. It’s a no brainer.
Maybe, inflation isn't slowing much so not sure we will always see price decreases.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
I predict one of three things is going to occur:

-FS trucks will be built for the remainder of the 2024 model year
-$80k AWD truck ordering will open up after 6-months from first FS deliveries on 11/30/23. That would be 5/30, right around Memorial day
-$80k AWD trucks will start being produced after Tesla hits the 10k FS limit

Tesla Cybertruck Officially changed my order to non-foundation IMG_0236

Last edited:

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
I do not get it, you give advice yet asking others not to give advice. Buy the truck if you can afford it and that is an advice. They are in this forum because they want the truck badly. I am saying money is just money.
True, but my advice was to carefully consider the ramifications against the benefits. I did not advise any individual that they should or shouldn't buy it.

GatorCyber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Cybertruck
Country flag
I predict one of three things is going to occur:

-FS trucks will be built for the remainder of the 2024 model year
-$80k AWD truck ordering will open up after 6-months from first FS deliveries on 11/30/23. That would be 5/30, right around Memorial day
-$80k AWD trucks will start being produced after Tesla hits the 10k FS limit

IMG_0236.jpeg
That would be extremely foolish to limit FS to 10k and to start selling AWD trucks for $80k. $100k FS until all 2M reservation holders order or pass.
Sponsored