Leigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck Ticket Holder, Ford Ranger, Mini Coup
Occupation
Airline Inspector
Country flag
Dayton Ohio here. 11275 reservation number. Ordered on Dec 21st. Patiently waiting my vin. Still contemplating if I want to go through with it!
I ordered before you but have a higher Res#????

RES# RN 113187XXX
Single Motor, Later moved to Dual Motor
Ordered 12/20/2019 10am
Sponsored

cyberHoward

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD Foundation
Country flag
Well, I got my VIN a couple of days ago!

I also had a visit by the certified Tesla 3V Gateway (PowerShare) team to quote me the cost for installation. I won't get the final quote until next week. He said I was the 8th quote in Ohio for a Tesla 3V Gateway with about a total of 78 in queue.

I also got the quote from my insurance company. I am shocked that it will only cost me $224 more a year when replacing my Ram truck. While my current Ram 1500 Laramie was about $60k new in 2019, the Cybertruck is around $100k or 70% more expensive. I actually heard horror stories of it being $500-$800 a month.

I have decided on getting a wrapper as I don't want to be paranoid about bird droppings and insect splats. I am now working on what color and whether to do it myself. No one in Ohio has any experience as far as I know with the Cybertruck. One company did say they are going to get a CyberTruck in Cleveland to wrap and think it will cost $4,800 using the same materials as I can get in a DIY kit. I am actually thinking about doing it myself using one of the precut DIY solutions. I kinda want to be free to change out the style and color, so the most cost effective way is for me to do it. I am seeing costs between $1,399 and $1,500 for basic precut versions. I know this will be 8-10 hours for an newbie the first time, but I would imagine I could get pretty good at it. It would be great to know what others are thinking.

I have to admit that I hesitated several times because of the overpriced foundation (no discounted FSD which was locked on my reservation, no Fed $7,500 tax incentive) and I am usually frugal (not cheap). Also, I really took exception to less than expected mileage, no ramp, no access to the back from the cabin, and few other things I really was excited about. I was surprised there was no spare tire, but I guess I have not used a spare tire myself in over 15 years. A big bummer is no FSD or even auto-pilot out of the gate and no estimate for when it will be available despite paying for it upfront with Foundation series. I have been telling my family for four years that I am looking forward to getting a car that can drive itself; I guess I can wait a little more. I have to admit the accessories in the back of the bed were a huge bonus and surprise. The steer by wire will only get better and kind of excites me. The powershare I really wanted as a bonus and that did make the production floor cuts.

The countdown clock has started.

cgladue

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Model S 75D, 2018 Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
Well, I got my VIN a couple of days ago!

I also had a visit by the certified Tesla 3V Gateway (PowerShare) team to quote me the cost for installation. I won't get the final quote until next week. He said I was the 8th quote in Ohio for a Tesla 3V Gateway with about a total of 78 in queue.

I also got the quote from my insurance company. I am shocked that it will only cost me $224 more a year when replacing my Ram truck. While my current Ram 1500 Laramie was about $60k new in 2019, the Cybertruck is around $100k or 70% more expensive. I actually heard horror stories of it being $500-$800 a month.

I have decided on getting a wrapper as I don't want to be paranoid about bird droppings and insect splats. I am now working on what color and whether to do it myself. No one in Ohio has any experience as far as I know with the Cybertruck. One company did say they are going to get a CyberTruck in Cleveland to wrap and think it will cost $4,800 using the same materials as I can get in a DIY kit. I am actually thinking about doing it myself using one of the precut DIY solutions. I kinda want to be free to change out the style and color, so the most cost effective way is for me to do it. I am seeing costs between $1,399 and $1,500 for basic precut versions. I know this will be 8-10 hours for an newbie the first time, but I would imagine I could get pretty good at it. It would be great to know what others are thinking.

I have to admit that I hesitated several times because of the overpriced foundation (no discounted FSD which was locked on my reservation, no Fed $7,500 tax incentive) and I am usually frugal (not cheap). Also, I really took exception to less than expected mileage, no ramp, no access to the back from the cabin, and few other things I really was excited about. I was surprised there was no spare tire, but I guess I have not used a spare tire myself in over 15 years. A big bummer is no FSD or even auto-pilot out of the gate and no estimate for when it will be available despite paying for it upfront with Foundation series. I have been telling my family for four years that I am looking forward to getting a car that can drive itself; I guess I can wait a little more. I have to admit the accessories in the back of the bed were a huge bonus and surprise. The steer by wire will only get better and kind of excites me. The powershare I really wanted as a bonus and that did make the production floor cuts.

The countdown clock has started.
hi Howard, i dont see you submit any order info to our tracking sheets, can you give us some info ?

* first 5 of your RN
* date you configured your truck
* date you recieved your VIN

thanks !!

cyberHoward

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD Foundation
Country flag
hi Howard, i dont see you submit any order info to our tracking sheets, can you give us some info ?

* first 5 of your RN
* date you configured your truck
* date you recieved your VIN

thanks !!
I originally entered my data in an original Google sheet rather than form, but I am not sure what happened to that sheet. I see there are two new forms (reservations/owners), but I exit out each time I get to the point where I have give my email account. I might reconsider it, but I will likely give one of my not often used accounts.

RN: 11275
Configured: 12/20/2023
Vin Date: 3/18/2024
Vin: 0037xx

cgladue

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Model S 75D, 2018 Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
I originally entered my data in an original Google sheet rather than form, but I am not sure what happened to that sheet. I see there are two new forms (reservations/owners), but I exit out each time I get to the point where I have give my email account. I might reconsider it, but I will likely give one of my not often used accounts.

RN: 11275
Configured: 12/20/2023
Vin Date: 3/18/2024
Vin: 0037xx
this is good enough, you will appear on cybertruck.vin now
Sponsored