g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
Hello,

Going to head down to Palo Alto to HP headquarters to see if I can get a glimpse of the elusive Cybertruck in the wild. Got my gear ready! No potato cam here lol. Wish me luck!

PXL_20230223_220519973.jpg
PXL_20230223_220706833.jpg
Offer stands. I do not ask questions. Find my midgate. *I will not post your bail

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Lol. Way to make some dough!
Take a DJI mini 3 pro with cover more ground and get in close.

But I think you might be a day late on this one. :confused:

If you do get close, inside the rear well of the suspension, and the gaps around the frunk would be cool, on top of the inside.

OP
OP

ED_SFO

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
Sorry, no Cybertruck spotting. Went to their HQ and HP HQ. No sign of the CT. Pretty sure they have it store inside over night. Saw the security model x that was seen in the " off-road" CT video.

Tesla Cybertruck On the hunt for Cybertruck in the wild! PXL_20230223_230742131

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
34 miles in 4 hours. YIKES!!!!!! o_O

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Well, we had to plow Hwy 17 and had snow on the beach and got a county-wide stay-at-home winter weather alert.

It's still cold and powerless at my house (though not dark with all the PG&E spotlights) and it takes two detours to get to my house and I'm still parked on the alley the next loop over 'cause well, my street is filled with PG&E trucks.

-Crissa

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Well, we had to plow Hwy 17 and had snow on the beach and got a county-wide stay-at-home winter weather alert.

It's still cold and powerless at my house (though not dark with all the PG&E spotlights) and it takes two detours to get to my house and I'm still parked on the alley the next loop over 'cause well, my street is filled with PG&E trucks.

-Crissa
Sounds like fun...not. Maybe invest in a Ecoflow or something to keep the essentials running, or a small 3kW inverter generator, you can get them for $3-400. What are you doing for heating?

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Sounds like fun...not. Maybe invest in a Ecoflow or something to keep the essentials running, or a small 3kW inverter generator, you can get them for $3-400. What are you doing for heating?
Still no power, but the internet was (mostly... it got knocked off the house in the repair) fixed so we're watching movies on that and the Ecoflow right now. I'll recharge it when I fire up the generator to run the heaters before bed.

-Crissa

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
It's good that you some options to keep things going.

Heating is always the big load, I use a heat pump with hydronic thermal store for heating and cooling the slab and air. Always easier to incorporate if you build from scratch of course, but that way I can run the heat pump off solar when the sun shines during the day so that it lasts overnight without cycling the batteries. But weather is pretty good here in comparison.

I haven't had a power failure in years, but if I did I'm the lineman who has to fix it...such is off grid life! :)

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Furnace died last year and all the bids to replace it were nuts so we're all resistive this year, alas. But it is at least safer than fire ^-^

I have repurposed the outlets to the entertainment system to feed in from the generator and the LFP so no extension cords through the windows. I wired that outlet to be 4x15a separate circuits with in-line breakers. Normally it plugs into UPSes in the basement. I plan to add a generator panel which will make this much easier, but it's just in the planning stages so far.

-Crissa

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
An alternative to a furnace is a small CHP (Combined Heat power). All the rage in Europe and come in all shape and sizes...and prices. Otherwise all you really need to find is a generator with water cooling so you can use that as heat, or you can add a heat exchanger to the exhaust with silicone hose. They're not as expensive as it sounds. Otherwise a heat pump, you can get half decent portable ones now.

Sort of comes down to how many kWh of heat or power you need and when. How warm/cold does it get near you?

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yeah, problem seems to be that all the local companies are just hawking old, cheap hardware and jacking up the price.

They know that there are people in these hills willing to spend anything to get what they want, so they don't have to bother with small customers like us who just want something efficient. Too much demand equals they have the pricing power.

-Crissa
Sponsored