Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
So I just saw this Tesla the other day while driving around:
Tesla Cybertruck Open air roof? 3BF7AF23-368C-48C4-8A69-53114E3CB680

Didn’t get a picture but as I passed them, it was clear that the roof was open above the driver and was pushed back over the rear seat area.

Is this a Tesla option? Or does some company cut into the glass roof to create this feature? Seems like a feature that some would want but this is the only one I’ve seen on a Tesla.y
Sponsored

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
Personally I would not want an opening skylight. I am sure someone will correct me. But is cruising the highway at 80 MPH with the sunroof cracked ever pleasurable? It is noisy and just one more thing to worry about. 2 of our cars have opening sun roofs. I never use them and wish they didn't open. I got them used.

SparkChaser

First Name
Leigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck Ticket Holder, Ford Ranger, Mini Coup
Occupation
Airline Inspector
Country flag
It can be really great to drive down a tree covered street with the top open. Sun roofs are the alternative to convertibles. I used it mostly to cool off my car after sitting in the heat. Since a Tesla can monitor and precool the car before you get in this is not as needed.

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
Personally I would not want an opening skylight. I am sure someone will correct me. But is cruising the highway at 80 MPH with the sunroof cracked ever pleasurable? It is noisy and just one more thing to worry about. 2 of our cars have opening sun roofs. I never use them and wish they didn't open. I got them used.
It’s just another window. I don’t open any windows at 80MPH. I like sunroofs that open, but not enough that it’s a deal breaker. Very nice for letting the heat out when parked in the sun, or while cruising the lakefront etc.

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
Wow. Grumpy. Must be the stock market. No I don't wonder about the other windows.
IMHO after about 30 MPH the moon roof is just an annoying extra. Extra cost, extra thing to worry about, break etc. Not having one at all would keep more heat out, will never leak or get things wet inside if you happen to leave it open. Even well done seals make noise due to the break in the glass.

To each their own. There is probably a reason it is gone.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I'm just wondering if they have another car with number plate 'ZIG'

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I have had several moon roofs and almost never used them, for your reasons and because I could feel the sun burning my scalp.

OP
OP
FutureBoy

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag

CompMaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri CT
Country flag
Yes older Tesla's had many options and soo many colors. Since launching they have "simplied" the production line. Personally I will never have a detachable roof of any kind. I fix too many after water comes in. For the bed cover, it is ok as the bed is ment for outdoors. Just look at Rivians cheap/experience plastic solution. Less then few months and so many owners are complaining of it not working properly anymore. More to come this summer as plastic contracts and expands much more then metal 😀