Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
Aircraft Fixed/Rotary - Rocket/Missile/Spacecraft/Air Defense Scientist
Country flag
I believe not only will Optimus Bot be pushing parts in the factory as stated in the January 26 quarterly audio. But its real future may be for space travel too.

Seems our SciFi movies have shown there seems to be a Robot or synthetic type of Artificial intelligence also along for space exploration.

Tesla Cybertruck Optimus Bot Future Bot Future
Sponsored

SparkChaser

First Name
Leigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck Ticket Holder, Ford Ranger, Mini Coup
Occupation
Airline Inspector
Country flag
So as automation, robots, replace humans on production lines and manufacturing, the need for a universal income becomes more and more a reality. The concentration of wealth is only accelerating. Improvements in quality of life and support of large populations will become the reality.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Not only for Mars, but I reckon Tesla will develop the hardware (and Bot) to mine Asteroids.

Buy TSLA

Richard V.

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt 2015
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I just want someone to carry my chainsaw or trail tools on trailwork days. That damned chainsaw is pretty heavy to carry a mile in and a mile out.
It may as well do some of the dangerous work while it is there!

Tesla Cybertruck Optimus Bot Future Optimus Bot with chainsaw

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
So as automation, robots, replace humans on production lines and manufacturing, the need for a universal income becomes more and more a reality. The concentration of wealth is only accelerating. Improvements in quality of life and support of large populations will become the reality.
So really, we need robots so we can have more free time to fuck off as much as we like. That is, until AI deems us parasitic and a danger to the planet, and smears us off the planet.
It'd be pretty easy, at that point, for them to convince us that Earth is no longer viable, and send us off to Alpha Centauri...
Good times!

OP
OP
hridge2020

hridge2020

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
Aircraft Fixed/Rotary - Rocket/Missile/Spacecraft/Air Defense Scientist
Country flag
So really, we need robots so we can have more free time to fuck off as much as we like. That is, until AI deems us parasitic and a danger to the planet, and smears us off the planet.
It'd be pretty easy, at that point, for them to convince us that Earth is no longer viable, and send us off to Alpha Centauri...
Good times!

Yep
T5000

Tesla Cybertruck Optimus Bot Future T5000

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Good times!
I don’t have a job which a robot can replace so no worries there. At least until they can get AI to teach kids and software like I help write is no longer needed.

I think it’s almost exactly the opposite, having a robot along would enable me to do more manual labor and raise the expectations. It’s unlikely these guys will be working completely independently, we’ll likely have 1 person for every 3-4 robots. Helping them keep on task and doing the right thing.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
asteroid mining is inevitable
I suspect robots working on asteroids won’t be humanoid. A spherical shape and thrusters makes more sense. Likely crablike arms to stabilize the shape while it extracts the ore. Almost like a mini-spaceship.

Zero G will make the humanoid form factor a giant liability.