Ordered 2 Foundation Series CTs. How to transfer one to a friend?

Dazajj

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus RX350
Occupation
Regional Account Director
Country flag
in 2019 i accidentally reserved two CTs due to the website lagging... now here we are, I have two FS CTs ordered... My friend payed for the second 1000 order fee... How do we get it transferred into his account? I'm hoping that since he payed the deposit, Tesla will allow us to do a quick transfer... What do you guys think/know about this? Thanks in Advance
Sponsored

Last edited:

rizvend

First Name
JAKEMBL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybrtrk, aptera reserved
Occupation
Nurse Informaticist
Country flag
Since it's a friend, maybe do a co-ownership deed then transfer it to him after a year. Otberwise, Tesla would really have to answer your questions better. And make sure you don't piss off each other until the year is over. Congrats!

OP
OP
Dazajj

Dazajj

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus RX350
Occupation
Country flag
Since it's a friend, maybe do a co-ownership deed then transfer it to him after a year. Otberwise, Tesla would really have to answer your questions better. And make sure you don't piss off each other until the year is over. Congrats!
Yeah i guess we could do that.. share the app so he can access his CT... he would obviously pay for it... end of the year, transfer it to him.. could something like this work?

OP
OP
Dazajj

Dazajj

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus RX350
Occupation
Country flag
If it’s under your Tesla account, it will remain there. The repercussions of that, not sure. Sharing your account is in order
if there's no issue with us using the same tesla account, as your typical spouses would, then we should be good.. He's family so i don't mind sharing my account with him..

Balthezor

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover, 2020 Model Y
Country flag
in 2019 i accidentally ordered two CTs due to the website lagging... now here we are, I have to FS CTs ordered... My friend payed for the second 1000 order fee... How do we get it transferred into his account? I'm hoping that since he payed the deposit, Tesla will allow us to do a quick transfer... What do you guys think/know about this? Thanks in Advance
How did you end up ordering 2 CTs? Wouldnt that require two reservations to be active? You'd have to configure each one separately. I don't think lag would be a cause to click two different email invites.

jedilord

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT
Country flag
The title and stuff could be transferred id imagine …not sure how Tesla does that in general

SolarWizard

First Name
MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.0L JT // Quad CT
Occupation
solar, DCFC & battery biz owner
Country flag
even if he pays for it..?
call tesla and explain your intentions
If theyll allow it let me know cause I know people with a lot of “friends that wanna pay the deposit” as well

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dazajj

Dazajj

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus RX350
Occupation
Country flag
How did you end up ordering 2 CTs? Wouldnt that require two reservations to be active? You'd have to configure each one separately. I don't think lag would be a cause to click two different email invites.
you misread my post ( I meant, I reserved 2 CTs in 2019)... I accidentally reserved two when first announced.. due to high volume on the tesla site, i ended up reserving two CTs... when i reserved the first, the site froze.. so i re-did it... hence the 2nd one...
Got my invite for the first one last week. ordered it. got the invite for the second one today, ordered it (my friend paid the 1K order fee)

OP
OP
Dazajj

Dazajj

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus RX350
Occupation
Country flag
The title and stuff could be transferred id imagine …not sure how Tesla does that in general
yeah not sure what's going to happen because my friend will end up paying for his out of his pocket, so technically, the paperwork would show him as being the buyer... I hope Tesla uses common sense and just lets us do it the normal way..

Hello4x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ton
Country flag
call tesla and explain your intentions
If theyll allow it let me know cause I know people with a lot of friends that “wanna pay the deposit” as well
Same situation! Just received invite for second RN and my best friend wants it. Just want to transfer to him.

OP
OP
Dazajj

Dazajj

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus RX350
Occupation
Country flag
Same situation! Just received invite for second RN and my best friend wants it. Just want to transfer to him.
I don’t see reservation transfers happening. If it happens it will be further down the process… my friend went ahead and put the $1k down in hopes that we figure something out… i think its worth the $1k or you’re pretty much having to wait 12-24months
Sponsored