Ordered 2 Foundation Series CTs. How to transfer one to a friend?

Balthezor

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover, 2020 Model Y
Country flag
you misread my post ( I meant, I reserved 2 CTs in 2019)... I accidentally reserved two when first announced.. due to high volume on the tesla site, i ended up reserving two CTs... when i reserved the first, the site froze.. so i re-did it... hence the 2nd one...
Got my invite for the first one last week. ordered it. got the invite for the second one today, ordered it (my friend paid the 1K order fee)
Got ya. Congrats
Sponsored

rizvend

First Name
CyBrNrD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybrtrk, aptera reserved
Occupation
Nurse Informaticist
Country flag
Yeah i guess we could do that.. share the app so he can access his CT... he would obviously pay for it... end of the year, transfer it to him.. could something like this work?
Well, can you marry him?🤔

Hello4x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ton
Country flag
I don’t see reservation transfers happening. If it happens it will be further down the process… my friend went ahead and put the $1k down in hopes that we figure something out… i think its worth the $1k or you’re pretty much having to wait 12-24months
Agree. I think we will do same.

George Costanza

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X Plaid, Rivian R1S
Occupation
Latex Salesman, Vandelay Industries
My perspective:
  • It is totally irrelevant who pays, either the $1K now or the price of the CT later
  • The CT will be registered to you, either as self or as a co-owner with your "friend" / "family"
  • Believe me I don't like the no-sale restriction any more than the next person, but what you are asking (even if that's not your intention - irrelevant) is a way to skirt that clause
  • Claiming that Tesla must use "common sense" to see it your way seems disingenuous because what you're suggesting is exactly what a flipper would do
I look forward to the Tesla response to your call, and will be glad to be proven wrong. Please keep us posted.

Hello4x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ton
Country flag
My perspective:
  • It is totally irrelevant who pays, either the $1K now or the price of the CT later
  • The CT will be registered to you, either as self or as a co-owner with your "friend" / "family"
  • Believe me I don't like the no-sale restriction any more than the next person, but what you are asking (even if that's not your intention - irrelevant) is a way to skirt that clause
  • Claiming that Tesla must use "common sense" to see it your way seems disingenuous because what you're suggesting is exactly what a flipper would do
I look forward to the Tesla response to your call, and will be glad to be proven wrong. Please keep us posted.
💯 agree and exactly my perspective as well. My buddy was on the fence when announced in 2019 and of course loving it now. Just trying to help him out but totally understand the perception.

I can honestly register under LLC and transfer LLC to him. Seems like a lot of work and not something I really want to adventure with. It’s not that big of a deal since I’m not profiting from it.

msdg137

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Wrangler Ecodiesel
Occupation
You make it I break it
Country flag
You can dual register it like a grandparent buying a car for young Jimmy who's gonna trash it and crash it.

Rutrow

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, CyberTruck Tri-motor reservation
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
Back in the Model 3 early ramp I heard about Tesla allowing reservation transfers among family members, but it's up to Tesla to agree to that. I'd get an approval from Tesla before I put down a $1000 nonrefundable deposit.

OP
OP
Dazajj

Dazajj

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus RX350
Occupation
Regional Account Director
Country flag
My perspective:
Biggest difference- I’m not making any money on it. Where flippers do. I just want the CT not under my profile. But if that’s how it has to be, i don’t care. I’m fine with it. It doesn’t cost me any more or less to do it this way. Either way my buddy is getting my 2nd CT and I’m getting mine.

OP
OP
Dazajj

Dazajj

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus RX350
Occupation
Regional Account Director
Country flag
Back in the Model 3 early ramp I heard about Tesla allowing reservation transfers among family members, but it's up to Tesla to agree to that. I'd get an approval from Tesla before I put down a $1000 nonrefundable deposit.
I don’t think Tesla will give you the thumbs up this early on. They might once you’ve put the money down and it’s time to make the final payment… either way, we’ll make it work.

Longranger

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW GTI
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The FS cost effectively decapitates the relatively small scalpers market. Why is this clause still there?

dsieberkrob

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'02 Avalanche, '15 F150 eco, '22 Maverick Hybrid
Occupation
Computer Consultant
Country flag
So, there's 2 people on here saying they received the FS invite, purchased it, then a week later received a second FS ? invite for a second reservation ?

In the other thread, all have stated the highest RN number they have is the one that is active. And in fact, I received my invite yesterday, but have not pulled the trigger yet. (In FL) I have...

RN112761xxx = 15,003
RN112768xxx = 21,773
RN112772xxx = 25,419

The highest one is the only one active and available to order. although, I'm assuming I made the invite this round based on my lowest number.

Are you saying that if I buy this one, I will likely get an invite to buy another? And if I buy the second, I might get an invite for a 3rd?

So, I could get a beast with est. late Summer delivery, and get AWD in 1st qtr. to rent out to YouTubers. Until now, the assumption was one FS invite per account.

Are lots of people getting second invites?
Sponsored