Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes G500, Ram 1500, Jeep Sahara,
Occupation
Owner Campurist LLC
Country flag
Admin Edit:

We've just launched SilveradoEVolution.com! ?

We extend a warm welcome to join us to discuss the newest EV pickup competition, or even just to lurk and read. ?

Interesting first impression differences in the GM process vs Tesla

A human called me within a hour of confirmation ! A real Human !
Credit the old school massive dealer network for this .
I Was straight up and said I had a Tesla truck on order but was Concerned about what month and year I would get it . Told him I did not want either of the book end offerings , stripped down or maxed out. He told me more options/ price points would be backfilled in over the next two years ….. . Not sure my early reservation ( within 2hrs of open) will be good for these variations or just the WT or full blown $105k truck ….. but 2024 is the similar timeframe for my CT Rez

I don’t like the ford, I don’t own enough Orvis clothing for a Rivian

Still hopping my CT Rez number is called first!
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

egandalf

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Toyota Tacoma
Country flag
I placed an order and got the confirmation email, but nothing from the dealership. YMMV.

I mainly placed an order for the GMEV out of curiosity about what I would see from the dealer & manufacturer when I did.

Or possibly because I've managed to build up a truly massive electric truck addiction over the past two years and need professional help.

Definitely one of those reasons.

cybguy

First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Pilatus PC-12, 2016 Bolt, 2024 Forester
Occupation
Temporarily unRetired
Country flag
Interesting first impression differences in the GM process vs Tesla

A human called me within a hour of confirmation ! A real Human !
Credit the old school massive dealer network for this .
I Was straight up and said I had a Tesla truck on order but was Concerned about what month and year I would get it . Told him I did not want either of the book end offerings , stripped down or maxed out. He told me more options/ price points would be backfilled in over the next two years ….. . Not sure my early reservation ( within 2hrs of open) will be good for these variations or just the WT or full blown $105k truck ….. but 2024 is the similar timeframe for my CT Rez

I don’t like the ford, I don’t own enough Orvis clothing for a Rivian

Still hopping my CT Rez number is called first!
Right when orders opened I looked at placing an order. While the $105K ($112k out the door before dealer markup) First Edition probable will be sold before the CT, I doubt I'd get a lower price model much before the CT. My preorders are around 27,000. Now if you're preorder is 400,000 -500,000s you could probable have the Silverado for a good 5 years before you getting your CT.
I have several Orvis fly rods and reels but very little of their clothing. However I wish I had got on the early list for Rivian's RS1. Their truck has too short of bed but I could have made due with the RS1 for a few years until my CT was available.

nomadmusk

First Name
Droxx
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Civic to Cybertruck
Occupation
2nd infantry of Tesla's Quality Division
Country flag
I hear they sold out in 12 mins, did they only open 2k spots again?

Looks like a dressed down hummer with a CT headlight. Do you think the specs will be any better than the hummer since it just looks like a blue re-skin? They're strat is odd to say the least.

Heard something about a pass through on the fox interview so that's cool.

BahamaTodd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC Canyon
Country flag

Looks like a dressed down hummer with a CT headlight. Do you think the specs will be any better than the hummer since it just looks like a blue re-skin? They're strat is odd to say the least.

Not quite a reskin. The Silverado is longer with a longer cab in the rear with more legroom and a foot longer bed. It is also narrower compared to the Hummer.

Scaled sized comparison:
Tesla Cybertruck Ordered a Silverado EV SIlverado vs Hummer

egandalf

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Toyota Tacoma
Country flag

Specs are out there. Edmunds (I know...) has a video comparing the Lightning to the eSilverado. Spec-wise, the Chevy is a bit better. The bed is certainly more usable with or without the midgate. 4.5s 0-60, 10k towing, 4-wheel steer, etc. Not bad, really.

It's less than the Hummer in most regards except for overall utility as a work truck. The Hummer, while big and impressive, is a crap work truck. The Chevy fills that niche better and is less behemoth-y.

nomadmusk

First Name
Droxx
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Civic to Cybertruck
Occupation
2nd infantry of Tesla's Quality Division
Country flag
My god that thing looks absolutely massive next to the hummer; which was all ready a hefty boi. The era of living in EVs is upon us. Move over vanlife, incoming cablife (name is WiP).

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
Cybertruck Confidential: "I travel around the world, eat a lot of shit, and basically do whatever the fuck I want" AnthonyBourdain Cybertruck™️ is perfect!

Elon’s added Quad Cybertruck and Plaid variant change the original launch spec for the Cybertruck RN# I hold. One will be more efficient: the other more performative. Either will be more expensive. As a RN# holder for the de-promised TriAWD Cybertruck, 550mi. $70k variant, Quad is either a bait and switch one way or a too-good-to-be-true promise turned expensive the other.

Rumored Dual and Quad only Cybertrucks are a trade down/trade-up proposition for the Tri-motor RN# holder. Tesla eliminates RWD versions entirely what kinda choice is that ‘AWD, 4x4‘s all the way down‘ or nothing?

DualRWD is a second best choice, less expensive…$20k less for saving ~ 750# eliminating the front motor transaxel assy of the TriAWD entirely.

SingleRWD could save 900#min. $30k total from needing to drag around an AWD front motor transaxel assy for a million miles and bye-bye to the 2nd rear motor.

Were Tesla to offer an “LR” version for 550mi. +$10k that would buy valuable range, regardless weight, for (nod to AnthonyBourdain)traveling to Parts Unknown.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I'm not sure why you'd even compare the 2024 Silverado to the 2022 Lightning. One will be selling this year, the other will not be.

Never compare potential products to current products except for investment purposes - and even then, be wary of unfulfilled promises.

-Crissa

rodmacpherson

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt, Nissan LEAF
Occupation
Security Architect (IT/Infosec)
Country flag
I'm not sure why you'd even compare the 2024 Silverado to the 2022 Lightning. One will be selling this year, the other will not be.

Never compare potential products to current products except for investment purposes - and even then, be wary of unfulfilled promises.

-Crissa
Not everyone got in on day one of each reservation list.
For me, I have $100 deposits in on all 3, Ford, Chevy and Tesla. I really want the Tesla, but if Ford or Chevy can get one to me faster I will take that while I wait on the CT. ...maybe opting then for a later build of CT. Looks like I am going to be waiting till at least late 2024 for any of them though.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Not everyone got in on day one of each reservation list.
The 2024 Lightning isn't going to be the same truck they're selling in 2022. That's not Ford's plan. And we know that's not Tesla's: The Model 3 coming out in 2019 wasn't the same as the one that rolled out in 2017. They got bigger batteries, more features, fixed things that didn't work out, suppliers that didn't cut it.

Everything improves. If it doesn't, it loses out. So we should compare things from similar years. We don't know how the 2024 Cybertruck or Lightning will compare.

-Crissa

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I keep seeing this with Tesla. Every prototype car/ announcement gets pitted against Tesla's current shipping cars, then 2-3 years when they are finally shipping everyone just brushes it under the table.