Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I thought that their electromagnetic wiper patent was a good idea, but it must have proven impossible or unrealistic to implement at this time.
Elon told them they were stuck with the BAW until they get the lasers working.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
"Every ‘car’ is a compromise.. I believe drag won this fight. Especially when there is no ‘cowl/water trough"

I also noticed that no cowl exists on the Cybertruck. Another 1st? Fresh air must be coming in from the grill area.

LCS

First Name
Louis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MY Long Range
Country flag
I don’t understand the complaints regarding the unibrow wiper. It cleans the windshield just fine.

I’m more concerned about rear seat passengers banging their head on the sloped roofline getting in/out of the truck.
Agreed, I think many folks worry way too much about the BAW. I don’t mind it.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
Agreed, I think many folks worry way too much about the BAW. I don’t mind it.
100% agree.

I personally like the look of the BAW. It also doesn't cause much drag in the vertical position.

I assume the design was validated in real life snow/ice conditions so owners should not be concerned. A replacement windshield blade might cost $75 though😁

Last edited:

Bill837

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Z4, 2015 Cherokee Trailhawk, 2008 R1200RT
Occupation
Aviation Weapons/Systems
Country flag
100% agree.

I personally like the look of the BAW. It also doesn't cause much drag in the vertical position.

I assume the design was validated in real life snow/ice conditions so owners should not be concerned. A replacement windshield blade might cost $75 though😁
Nah, two normal sized blades wont cost much....

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Nah, two normal sized blades wont cost much....
Pretty sure it needs to be one blade otherwise it would deposit stuff in the middle of the wipe area, which we can see it doesn't. Overlapping them only really works in one direction from what I can tell.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
The BAW is Cybertruck's version of a clothing accessory, like sunglasses, cap, scarf, Rings etc for humans.

Zack wants to look cool. :cool:

Zack wants a tattoo too. :ROFLMAO:

Bill837

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Z4, 2015 Cherokee Trailhawk, 2008 R1200RT
Occupation
Aviation Weapons/Systems
Country flag
Pretty sure it needs to be one blade otherwise it would deposit stuff in the middle of the wipe area, which we can see it doesn't. Overlapping them only really works in one direction from what I can tell.
No, I think with careful control of just a couple of degrees of pivot you could arrange them so So whatever's left off the edge of one is cleaned up by the edge of the other. Might take me a minute or two of the whiteboard to figure out exactly how but...

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
No, I think with careful control of just a couple of degrees of pivot you could arrange them so So whatever's left off the edge of one is cleaned up by the edge of the other. Might take me a minute or two of the whiteboard to figure out exactly how but...
In the recent Tesla shop videos you can see it is one peice.

Bentlb3

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4 wheels
Occupation
Work
Country flag
Yep, definitely sacrificing ingress/egress for aero. If the range holds up for such a heavy vehicle (7,000ish lbs?) then it will be worth it. I’m thinking it will match the Model X at 348.
What if..Elon has a surprise Easter egg under that SS shell that gives it north of 348 range…similar to the concept of the semi where you do hwy driving on a small football sized motor, letting the masters disconnect until you need them? Crazy? Maybe, but it’s #Elongenius at work. Here’s what he announced at the semi unveil…
Tesla Cybertruck Photos: Windows rolled down & windshield wiper coverage area 1700713901113
Sponsored

Last edited: