Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CYBERTRUCK
Country flag
It's been a while since Elon Musk has discussed the Cybertruck, but it looks like he may just have revealed a big detail -- that there will be a Cybertruck Plaid model! This was revealed in this tweet tonight when he said that he'll be driving a Plaid Cybertruck. :eek:

A Plaid model of the Model S has been in development and when launched will be the range topping ultra high performance track version. The Model X is said to be getting a Plaid model as well. Among other performance upgrades, Plaid mode adds an extra motor to each model, making them tri-motor models, but the top of the line Cybertruck already features tri-motors, so it will be interesting to see what aspects of the truck are enhanced for Plaid!

Other enhancements rumored for the Plaid Model S includes weight reduction by way of a new lighter battery pack and a new cooling system to allow for more prolonged and repeatable high performance driving.
Sponsored

Last edited:

ModelAZ

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Ordered
Country flag
Just as I was about to head to bed... not going to fall asleep easily after this news hah. Plaid Cybertruck :love:

I didn't think they'd do a Cybertruck Plaid because the tri-motor CT already has staggering performance but Musk is a madman so you can never put anything past him. Begs the question though... the Plaid Model S and X are supposed to be race versions but the Cybertruck is a truck, so I don't think Plaid for the CT will feature same exact upgrades - like weight reduction for example.

PATEL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A4
Country flag
I just have one question - when do they open Plaid Cybertruck reservations up :) More seriously tho I wonder what kind of price premium it's going to cost over the standard tri-motor. Did Tesla ever hint at how much the Model S Plaid will cost over the Model S Performance?

Ryv

First Name
Ryvyr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
T-Bird, Focus, Mountaineer, Civic
Occupation
Veteran, Anthropologist, Artist
Country flag
The 0-60 will be even more terrifying, in a good way :>

Snuups

First Name
Yannick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
Maybe it will be a four motor design. In harsh off road conditions that makes sense.

Danger?

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
Power System Manager
Country flag
When will it be delivered? before the tri motor or after the single?? $99,999??

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
I will actually be able to get that mode on my truck? Why that's ... my lordy that's ... [help -- the excitement's too much for me] CODE PLAID -- all emergency personnel -- WE HAVE A CODE PLAID!

Diveflyfish

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 BMW 335d
Country flag
Yes, a four motor Plaid variant is perfect to have a nice drive on the North Face of the Eiger. Perhaps Ian Flemming can inspire as well Cyber Cyber Bang Bang.......... Oh you Techy Cyber Bang Bang, Tech Cyber Bang Bang How cool are you, Near Far in a electric car......... The possibilities are endless......... I would be happy with any James Bond type features even as simple as folding seats for Dogs, Retractible Rear window, or foldable bulkhead to vault, JATO bottles, Hydrofoils, pneumatic wings....... Just kidding.

The Salamander Co

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FJ Cruiser
Occupation
Contractor
Country flag
Forgive me for not knowing this but when I read that Tesla may be coming out with a Plaid Cybertruck I was thinking "Tartan? that wont look good at all!." Can someone explain to me what this really is? Thanks.

Sputter

First Name
Herbert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Model 3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Oh yeah!!!! I can imagine the stock price for TSLA and F going in opposite directions this morning. Make it official, Elon, how many reservations do you have? I'd be willing to pay another $400.00 to prove my reservation is solid. I say fellow reservations holders, let's help finance the new factory. Go Elon!
Sponsored