Skibumak

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tundra, Cybertruck in 2023
Country flag
I live in Alaska I am thinking of taking delivery from the factory and driving it home. I know I can hit Superchargers most of the way in the Lower 48 but crossing Canada concerns me. I am thinking about using RV parks as charging stations. Anyone have experience in using RV parks 220v system to charge an EV and how problematic it could be or not? I may even pick up a small trailer to sleep in but will have to see how that will affect range. Any thoughts?
Sponsored

OP
OP

Skibumak

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

RonM

First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150 CrewCab, future Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I live in Alaska I am thinking of taking delivery from the factory and driving it home. I know I can hit Superchargers most of the way in the Lower 48 but crossing Canada concerns me. I am thinking about using RV parks as charging stations. Anyone have experience in using RV parks 220v system to charge an EV and how problematic it could be or not? I may even pick up a small trailer to sleep in but will have to see how that will affect range. Any thoughts?
Why pull a trailer, get the optional camping package, or the fold down back seats with fold down rear partition and sleep in the vault. You would have climate control, entertainment and security.:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
If you go to Tesla’s website you can see all of their charging station and plot your ride. There are other websites and apps that will include other charging stations, not a Tesla exclusively. I watched a video on YouTube from the channel CLEANERWATT and it told of the different apps. It was the video of comparing Tesla on a road trip to gas vehicles send other EVS. Guess what? Tesla was cheapest.

I would also rethink the trailer idea with the arguments stated above.

Hell, if you need a traveling companion for the ride back get ahold of me!

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
OP
OP

Skibumak

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Why pull a trailer, get the optional camping package, or the fold down back seats with fold down rear partition and sleep in the vault. You would have climate control, entertainment and security.:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:
Those are options but also shipping a trailer to Alaska costs $5,000 so if I’m going that way I may bring one up. A lot of variable to sort out by the time I get it.

OP
OP

Skibumak

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I plan on looking for 50amp 220v RV parks. Depending on range I may need only 2-3 of those.

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
I thought Plug-Share had camp grounds listed... but that may just be where I was looking, not up there.

And I know there is electricity north of Vancouver.. it just might take 3 days to charge on 110 to make it to the next spot. ;)
Sponsored