cyberhunter

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ram 2500, Cybertruck preorder
Country flag
https://www.polaris.com/en-us/news/company/polaris-announces-zero-motorcycles-partnership/

My wish has come true. If polaris puts in powertrains from zero in their UTV's, it looks like I'll have to sell my 2017 Ranger 1000xp Crew in a couple years. Then I could partner up a CT with a rEV'd up Polaris Ranger. I could even "refuel" a Ranger from my CT if needed. Outdoor enthusiasts will be using electrified options within 10 years and will be because of the lack of noise, lower upkeep needs, and hopefully superior or at least on par performance.
Sponsored

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
ICE powered off-road vehicles will be history in 10-years. i predict the same with snowmobiles. Think how fun it would be to snowmobile with a torquey electric motor in the back country and no noise or exhaust fumes. It will game changing!

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Not to mention being able to use off-grid power, whatever it may be, to power your vehicle.

That was the one thing I really liked about my Zero last year during the Public Safety Power Shutoffs. It was actually easier to 'fuel' my electric while there was insufficient grid, than our gasoline vehicles. The Zero didn't care what the generator it was plugged into ran on. But the gasoline bike had to have premium gasoline, and nothing else. Well, the power was off at the gas stations! I was able to get propane, tho. Or charge downtown... (the gas stations all ended up on the shutoff side of the blocks!)

-Crissa

PG Ranch

First Name
PG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck
Country flag
Issue I have is the same thing i posted on the other thread.
I'm hoping to see a competitive Sportsman and RZR model before I purchase my new ones.
Currently looking at both a Sportsman XP 1000S and a RZR ProXP4, range is the only reason I avoid EV in the offroad. If they can give me the same or better, i'm sold.
Last time i looked though, the best EV ATV was only like 80km per charge....PASS

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
Issue I have is the same thing i posted on the other thread.
I'm hoping to see a competitive Sportsman and RZR model before I purchase my new ones.
Currently looking at both a Sportsman XP 1000S and a RZR ProXP4, range is the only reason I avoid EV in the offroad. If they can give me the same or better, i'm sold.
Last time i looked though, the best EV ATV was only like 80km per charge....PASS
How much range do you need?
The Sportsman XP1000S seems to have a range of 160 miles (5+ gallon tank and 31 mpg @45mph).
Would 150 miles of range be adequate?

(MPGs got from this comparison they did with a competitor)

PG Ranch

First Name
PG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck
Country flag
I can get 200-250 miles on a tank with how i ride, so yea, close to that. refuelling at a camp site is the only thing i lose going EV if it can match MPG. Would be interesting if they had like an "extended range battery" to take the place of the storage bins on teh back of a RZR or sportman, and it could add 100 miles or so, I would be all over that, could even keep one or a few in teh car or at the campsite topped up for a swap during ride days. have the ORV drain from that before internal battery.

As far as other guy asking about UTV...get something that looks good to you, most of the differences you wont notice for what you need, a ranger would be a good offering, and they already have an EV version of that available.

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
If a electrical/RV camp site, can recharge there. Yes, not all campsites have it, but some do.
Sponsored