Are you replacing your ICE truck with the Cybertruck?

• Total voters

Deleted member 859

Yes, 2004 Chevy Avalanche 2 WD.
Sponsored

Shumby

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck (ordered), Nissan GTR, Nissan 370Z nismo, Infiniti FX50S, Dodge Dakota
Occupation
Sr. Maintance Engineer
Country flag
make this a poll. No I am no replacing I now never sell any car i own. Want a nice little collection for retirement

PACEMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri-Motor Cybertruck, P3D- Tesla Model 3 Stealth Performance, 4Runner TRD/ORP, F350 diesel dually
Country flag
Keeping my 2005 F350 diesel dually for pulling the gooseneck and anything else the Cybertruck cannot do. Well, at least until it ends up sitting there never used forever and ever, or so........

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tesla M3, LR AWD Cybertruck on order, 2020 Suburu Outback XT Limited
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
In addition to a 3 AWD+, we have two optioned up Subaru Outback's for hauling and the occasional tow. The 3 use case is different than the Outback use case, but, the Cybertruck is the first that is capable (on paper) of handling both! So, I ordered the Cybertruck with that in mind.

DrDefore

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
2005 ford ranger .... hope it makes it ?

First Name
L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004-ish Toyota RAV4, 2015 Nissan Leaf, & 1973 Chevy Suburban w 454 [RIP 2008-ish Kia Sportage].
Occupation
E
Country flag
I answered "Yes" to the poll, but that's a little misleading.

I used to tell people we have "two-and-two-half" vehicles for two adults.
{We still have the two "half" vehicles, but we've lost a hole-numbered car.}

As for the first "half" vehicle:
I own a 1973 Chevy Suburban, with around 73K or so on the frame/body.
The 454 V-8 has fewer miles on it (that's a longer story you likely don't care about).
It's a "Garage Queen", so it will not come out until the salt is no longer on the road.
It also has collector plates, so I'm not supposed to use it as a daily driver. (That would be very expensive on the wallet given the poor fuel "economy"... Ha!)

I've told the wife I would sell the Sub' PLUS one of our I.C.E. crossovers when I get the Cybertruck.

BUT...
I was recently in an accident that "Insurance Totaled" by (entirely fixable) 2008-ish Kia Sportage (one of the hole-numbered ICE cars).
So now we have one-and-a-half cars for two people if you don't include the Sub' or the (now gone) Kia Sportage.

So, what's the remaining "half car"?
The 2015 Nissan Leaf. Sometimes it's good enough, but sometimes we have to juggle cars around in order to have the range get to where we need to go (and back again).

As for the remaining whole-numbered-car, that's a 2004-ish Toyota RAV4. Assuming no accidents or mechanical failures, we'll hang onto that at least until Tesla is selling (and we can afford) both a Model Y _AND_ a CyberTruck. (Even with its defects, we're keeping the Nissan Leaf.)

=====

Back on topic:
So... Replacing the Sub' is TRUE in that I'll be getting rid of it, in favor of the CyberTruck, but it's also FALSE in that the '73 Sub' is not really a daily driver. It's REALLY replacing the KIa Sportage, and the '73 Sub' will also be leaving at the same time.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
I replaced my truck back in 2012 when my commuter needs changed, grew exponentially and my diving needs reduced.

lukefrisbee

Banned
Banned
First Name
luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2m AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Yep, as I have mentioned for the last 11+ years. I bought this 2008 5.7 liter hemi when gas was $4/gallon. The truck was so heavily discounted that gas could have stayed at $4/gallon, and it would have been more economical to buy it than buy a Prius. OK OK, so it was close.
And when people looked at me funny for the purchase, I told them I was going to drive it until I could buy a car that was fully automatic driving... Annnnnd, I am just reckoning that by the time I write Big Ee a check The Tesla Utility Vehicle will be able to drive itself.
I did not know it would be the Tesla Utility Vehicle (not simply "truck"). The TUV seems to be a swiss army knife/vehicle, and my Dodge will be about 15 yrs old by then. Oh and there is the price. It seems high for a vehicle, but not for all it can be. I waited till at least 250,000 were "reserved' so the obvious misses will be corrected....and my truck will be on its last leg.

YodasBite

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota RAV4 Hybrid and Prius V... But hopefully soon a CyberTruck will replace the latter
Occupation
Software engineering manager
Country flag
Eight years ago, I replaced my 2002 Blazer with a 2012 Prius V. Same cargo space with 2.5 times the gas mileage... Only problem is Toyota made that car so darn cheap... And I have the highest trim level! Everything is cheap plastic. No power seats. Leather seats but the wheel and armrest aren't. The actual highway mileage isn't that great, and the acceleration is abysmal. In 2017, my wife got the RAV4 Hybrid limited... And that is a great car. It is what Toyota should have made instead of the V.

In the last couple years I have been wanting to buy an F-150 or the new Ram. But I just can't bring myself to buy a vehicle that gets less than 30mpg. So now I will wait for 2 more years with a car that I don't like. Hurry up Elon!