Poll: It’s your turn to order. Tri-Motor for $79,900 or Dual for $59,900

It’s your turn to order. Do you order a $79,900 Tri-motor or a $59,900 Dual Motor?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13' F150, 17' Explorer, 13' Cruz, 13' Clubman
Occupation
Retired USSF SNCO, REALTOR®
Country flag
4 years later ,accounting for inflation, your poll has comparative prices.

To expect less , is to expect to buy a house at 2019 prices.
Do housing and car prices really run parallel?
Did Tesla really not account for any risk when they released the pricing in 2019?

Most people are going to finance their CT. Their cost to finance has jumped considerably.

To expect people to pay 20% more when it's already going to cost them a bunch more in interest is absurd.

Eliot Minaise

First Name
Eliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
My ideal CT would be dual motor, 500 mile. Unfortunately it probably won't be an option. Before you bash me on range desires, be aware that NV, AZ, UT, CO and NM are huge states. Getting to the North Rim even with a 402 miles Model S is very difficult. Fortunately we found a motel with a destination charger in the boondocks.
OR is big too!!!! Lol

CyberDreamer

First Name
C.C.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Former DD Model S - DD Ridgeline - Project TR3B
Country flag
Actually, 59,900 is a 20% increase from the 49,900 original price.

But still not a bad jump considering.

Now, what's the final cost with all the extras beyond the base price..

Rick
Yes, you are correct, lol. 20% does seem like a lot considering you can buy an S, X, 3 or Y for less than they were selling for in 2019.

Now I'm going to edit my original post, in case my middle school math teacher sees this, doh!

AZCYBER

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Tesla Model S
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Excellent guess! Yes, Cliff Dwellers Lodge. The Tesla destination connectors didn't work when we arrived. Scary thought! Fortunately, a maintenance person with a key for the breaker panel was still there and could reset the system. We enjoyed three nights of charging...no charge (pun intended). The backup plan was to go to Page, AZ. Also, ALL National Parks need a few Superchargers. The North Rim has nada, level 2 or 3. Beware the calendar and the weather. That area is over 9,000 ft. and closes October 15. We did Bryce a few years ago in October. It was beautiful with snow on the ground.

Warhawk123162

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-350 Tesla 3
Occupation
Construction
Country flag
I would buy a quad motor true 4x4 with “tank turn” for 95k. Anyone see what an F250 lariat diesel costs?

PilotPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche, BMW, M3LR on order
Occupation
Chief Pilot
Country flag
I would buy a quad motor true 4x4 with “tank turn” for 95k. Anyone see what an F250 lariat diesel costs?
Nope, and it doesn't matter. I have absolutely ZERO interest in an F250. To me, not the competition for the CT. I will say, the rumors of a Ludacris M3+ next year might sway me away from a CT. Just as the current pricing of the MS and MS Plaid is tempting me. I'm probably not alone in that one. Just waiting for CT and M3+ pricing to be announced in the US.

How does that figure into the CT pricing model?

VC-WA-CT

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Sienna, Plan to buy Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired Teacher
Country flag
I chose the trip-motor, based solely on the range. I do not need to accelerate like an F-35 being catapulted from a carrier. I could black-out. I also have posterior vitreous detachments and G-forces could easily detach my retinas. I wish I could get the dual-motor with 500 mi. range.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Isn’t the tri motor ”plaid” already leaked at 100K?
no - those 'leaks' were fakes

not saying $98K is incorrect, saying those people don't know if it's that price or another

BTW, would 2 and 3 motor use the same giga castings or might Tesla have to reconfigure the lines for different production runs?
no - same structure, same pack, same line
Sponsored