Porsche fast?

Cebliminal

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R/T Durango, Harley Davidsons, Toyota Tundra 4x4 put deposit down for Cybertruck
Occupation
Executive Chef/Food & Beverage Director
Country flag
Why will the Tesla cybertruck dual motor only have a rated top speed of 120 mph but is porsche fast?

the F-150 venom 775 has a EST top speed of 165 mph

Standard Ford F-150 5.0-liter has an EST top speed of 130 mph
Sponsored

Last edited:

Yakuza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Datsun
Country flag
Why will the Tesla cybertruck dual motor only have a rated top speed of 120 mph but is porsche fast?
Acceleration =/= top speed and that’s what they’re referencing

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
The road from my house to the freeway has a speed limit of 55mph and is 4 miles long with 6 stop lights. Being the front car at a stoplight and accelerating 0-60 could be Porsche fast & fun. And no, I don't have any interest in driving my Cybertruck even to 100, let alone 120.

empiredown

Banned
Banned
First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Carrera T, 20 MY LR AWD, 21 F-150
Occupation
Retired and Loving It...
Country flag
Tesla Cybertruck Porsche fast? 3A5A0D6B-0DC6-48EA-A4A6-F4804B466158

I’ll certainly let you know which one I prefer when it replaces the one in the back. I’m pretty sure I’ll still prefer the one in the front when I’m trying to have some fun...

Ăź

OneLapper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 328d Sportswagon
Country flag
The CT maybe as "quick" as a standard Porsche Carrera to, say, 100mph or so. But, the CT is certainly not "faster". In the automotive scene, "quick" and "fast" are different measures.

You can take a stock 911 and go from the showroom to the track. The performance will astound most people. I'm driver coach, own a twin turbo, and have two clients with GT3RS's. They are amazing cars.

As much as I respect Elon, and obsess over the CT, comparing the CT to a Porsche was, well, a bit of salesmanship.

Without a doubt, the CT will be cool. It'll be amazing, too, for a pickup truck. It might even have amazing performance with "sports car like" handling, but it's still a pickup truck. To me, a Porsche is one of the most amazing pieces of engineering that a normal guy can attain. (Don't flame me, you can buy a Porsche 996 twin turbo for $40k, one of the best values in sports cars ever).

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
The CT maybe as "quick" as a standard Porsche Carrera to, say, 100mph or so. But, the CT is certainly not "faster". In the automotive scene, "quick" and "fast" are different measures.

You can take a stock 911 and go from the showroom to the track. The performance will astound most people. I'm driver coach, own a twin turbo, and have two clients with GT3RS's. They are amazing cars.

As much as I respect Elon, and obsess over the CT, comparing the CT to a Porsche was, well, a bit of salesmanship.

Without a doubt, the CT will be cool. It'll be amazing, too, for a pickup truck. It might even have amazing performance with "sports car like" handling, but it's still a pickup truck. To me, a Porsche is one of the most amazing pieces of engineering that a normal guy can attain. (Don't flame me, you can buy a Porsche 996 twin turbo for $40k, one of the best values in sports cars ever).
I agree 100%. To compare a CT to a Porsche is definitely salesmanship, and a stretch. But, it is a great selling point for EV's and the torque of electric motors, that a heavy hulking beast like a CT can even be close a light, surefooted, Porsche. There are some real benefits to being able to put the weight of a vehicle exactly where you want it also. It will be amazing years from now when battery tech gets to the point that they can reduce their weight.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
I agree 100%. To compare a CT to a Porsche is definitely salesmanship, and a stretch. But, it is a great selling point for EV's and the torque of electric motors, that a heavy hulking beast like a CT can even be close a light, surefooted, Porsche. There are some real benefits to being able to put the weight of a vehicle exactly where you want it also. It will be amazing years from now when battery tech gets to the point that they can reduce their weight.
I don't think anyone is going to mistake a CT for a Porsche. That being said, the one "quick" measure that the normal average joe has access to is the acceleration off the line (stop light bragging rights). Most other measures don't normally become a real experience till one is on a track. So if we just look at acceleration, these 2 vehicles suddenly become comparable.

Other than that, I suppose the reason a normal person would want to buy a Porsche is to upgrade the beauty level of dating candidates. From what I've seen, this is often a trojan horse of a feature. But we will have to see in time how the CT measures up on that front.
Sponsored