Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
most people don't realize who I am or what I do so that's fine for you to assume
I don't care who spends their money on what. ROI in the sense im talking about is the cost vs life expectancy of in field use. Go take your eco flow and drop it off a tailgate and let it get rained overnight. If it still works I'll send you a giftcard for dinner at a restaurant of your choosing.
Pretty sure my generator won't survive that, either.

Not sure your point.

-Crissa
Sponsored

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
More than they sell for now, but I got mine on sale two years ago now. And I have dropped it a couple times and it's been fine.

My generator on the other hand... There's a reason it has a roll cage on it. But the current ones are more expensive than the one I bought. And the starter hasn't worked since 2019.

-Crissa

Outdoors

First Name
Outdoors
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S,3,Y,C
most people don't realize who I am or what I do so that's fine for you to assume.[/SIZE][/B]

I don't care who spends their money on what. ROI in the sense im talking about is the cost vs life expectancy of in field use. Go take your eco flow and drop it off a tailgate and let it get rained overnight. If it still works I'll send you a giftcard for dinner at a restaurant of your choosing.
I didn't see anyone say anything about dropping or leaving out in the rain. Exaggerate much? I will still take the gift card, if you get off the couch tonight.

So are you a Mr. Mysterious?
Tesla Cybertruck Portable solar generators mys

Kind of annoying when someone does that. Its like I have a secret to tell. Well I am just not going to share it.

If you don't care what people spend their money on. Why comment at all? Just laugh us all away.

Outdoors

First Name
Outdoors
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S,3,Y,C
how much was the eco flow generator you use

Wait here it comes. The batteries in that are X. They cost X. the BMS is crap. LOL. Make your own box and sell it buddy.

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
Yea thats the problem, if you are out camping and have a few thousand dollars of solar panels laying around you need sentry mode.
So truck with no solar = no sentry = -8kwh a day
Truck with solar = sentry = -8kwh a day
Oh, that makes sense.

So I won't bother with the Cybertruck, I'll just rip off all your solar cells laying around.

CyberTruckeeTheOne

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4runner
Occupation
Retired Operating Plans & Forecasting Manager
Country flag
For someone who made living out of numbers and who's dad taught physics, I'd say numbers are good.

But then funny to dispute @Crissa 's experience and a happy, or simply, a satisfied user

And for chrissakes, we bought and own Cybertruck whose numbers on it's value proposition don't makes sense. :unsure: :rolleyes:

Scribbious

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: Cybertruck Previous: 2020 MY 2018 M3
Occupation
Small Business Owner
Country flag
As it happens, I'm in the process of selling my used Zendure Superbase V 'solar generator' with 2 SBV units capable of storing 9.3kWh and pushing 220v and 3kW solar and/or AC input. I don't go camping so just had it for power failure backup -for which my Cybertruck is taking over the role- and dabbling with solar to power my detached shop/office.

I'm not sure if it is appropriate to post the link to the FB Marketplace listing here so unless a mod gives permission, feel free to DM me here if interested.

Would it be the perfect solution regarding the arguments above? Probably not. Although they have wheels, they're pretty heavy

Would it be a good deal to experiment with and use in other off-grid and backup scenarios? I think so.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
But then funny to dispute @Crissa 's experience and a happy, or simply, a satisfied user
The first year, the software was terrible. And they still haven't allowed time-based charging on the Ecoflow Delta. They want you to buy the smart breaker box.

But there's nothing compared to the stress-relief of knowing I can run my fridge and network all day without intervention. Or backup/time-of-use-shift the PC and TV for hours. And I can go camping without my car and still run panels and lights.

-Crissa

espresso-drumbeat

First Name
Espresso
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
and5-8 a day without Sentry
So truck with no solar = no sentry = -8kwh a day
Why do you state as fact things you either have no first hand knowledge or purposefully lying? Do you get off on it somehow? What's in it for you?

My battery logs consistently show less than 1% discharge per 24 hours while parked with Sentry off. On weekends I dont drive much, here is my battery log data for the past weekend that I automatically pull once per day:

Date timeBatt %Rated MilesOdometer
04/05/24 2:30 PM79%250.622,947.11
04/06/24 2:30 PM78%247.192,947.61
04/07/24 2:30 PM78%246.512,947.61

I moved my truck on 04/05 around but other than that, it remained stationary UNPLUGGED for the weekend and the discharge is less than 1%

CyberTruckeeTheOne

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4runner
Occupation
Retired Operating Plans & Forecasting Manager
Country flag
I am getting 1% vampire drain a day too.

My Toyota is worst. It would unpredictably go totally sub-6 v in a week.
Sponsored