Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt, Nissan LEAF
Occupation
Security Architect (IT/Infosec)
Country flag
Agreed. Would love AC in the frunk. At a minimum DC 12V. Going to be a major letdown if no way to run coolers or accessories up front.
If there is no DC 12V where I want it (or USB for that matter) I will put it there. I wasn't put off the Model S because it didn't have 12v in the trunk, I just tied into the 30A 12v line for the liftgate and put in my own 12V and USB charging plugs.

RayzorBEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Rivian R1T QM, R1S QM, Zero S ZF
Occupation
Electric Bum
Country flag
Rivian recently got rid of their 12Vs that were in the frunk and under the center dash due to "minimal usage by their owners" (per Rivian)🤷‍♂️

SentinelOne

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
See Sig
Occupation
IT
Country flag
IMO, the frunk is disappointingly small for such a massive vehicle. I feel like this wouldn't even fit a full load of groceries.
It could be bigger for sure, but how many family members to you grocery shop for? It's the width of the truck so I'd say at least 4.5' wide by 1.x' deep x 2.x' tall....ok, maybe not a Costco run....

Deleted member 12457

Were you able to take a photo of the paper/document in the funk? Looks like it might be the typical vehicle sales documentation. Were you able to figure out what that polygon shape thingis in the near corner? Mounting hardware? Not complaining (much) but there's a lot to see under the hood that could have been shown in more detail.

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
If there is no DC 12V where I want it (or USB for that matter) I will put it there. I wasn't put off the Model S because it didn't have 12v in the trunk, I just tied into the 30A 12v line for the liftgate and put in my own 12V and USB charging plugs.
Hackers unite. Love it.
Sponsored