JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Agreed. Would love AC in the frunk. At a minimum DC 12V. Going to be a major letdown if no way to run coolers or accessories up front.
There's a light in there. That would be 12V, but you'd have time keep the trunk switch open so that it runs when the frunk is closed. The 12V battery is right behind frunk backwash though, so nothing a small hole and cable can't fix.
Sponsored

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, SQ5, Cybertruck if Elon will build it!
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
Were you able to figure out what that polygon shape thingis in the near corner? Mounting hardware? Not complaining (much) but there's a lot to see under the hood that could have been shown in more detail.
That looks like a pretty standard adjustable bump stop for the frunk lid.

scottf200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Country flag
It could be bigger for sure, but how many family members to you grocery shop for? It's the width of the truck so I'd say at least 4.5' wide by 1.x' deep x 2.x' tall....ok, maybe not a Costco run....
And keep in mind that it is not a rectangle. More like a triangle. See the 4 yellow arrows (1 being on the 'ceiling').

Tesla Cybertruck Powered Frunk In Action! Great shots!! IyuXNMv

Last edited:

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
Rivian recently got rid of their 12Vs that were in the frunk and under the center dash due to "minimal usage by their owners" (per Rivian)🤷‍♂️
Yeah, I have exactly THREE tools in my shop that use 220. The table saw (had to reconfigure it), the dust collector, and the spindle on my CNC.

all of them are BIG and STATIONARY..... they don't leave the shop.

What job site tools use 220? A welder?

SolarWizard

First Name
MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.0L JT // Quad CT
Occupation
solar, DCFC & battery biz owner
Country flag
Yeah, I have exactly THREE tools in my shop that use 220. The table saw (had to reconfigure it), the dust collector, and the spindle on my CNC.

all of them are BIG and STATIONARY..... they don't leave the shop.

Welders, Rotary hammer, jack hammer, pump and chop saws are items we’ve used 220v for.

Last edited:

Rutrow

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, CyberTruck Tri-motor reservation
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
It could be bigger for sure, but how many family members to you grocery shop for? It's the width of the truck so I'd say at least 4.5' wide by 1.x' deep x 2.x' tall....ok, maybe not a Costco run....
Hey, go easy on Engi Nerd. Maybe she/he has a couple of teenaged boys. 🍔🌮🍕🍳🍿🥓🍗🍰🍩🥘🌭🥛🥛🥛🥛🥛🥛🥛🥛

💸😫

madquadbiker

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Navara NP300, Honda e, Honda TRX700XX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
There's a light in there. That would be 12V, but you'd have time keep the trunk switch open so that it runs when the frunk is closed. The 12V battery is right behind frunk backwash though, so nothing a small hole and cable can't fix.
But is there a 12v battery?

Rutrow

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, CyberTruck Tri-motor reservation
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
I don't want 220v AC welding, I want 800v DC welding! Give me a stinger lead off the positive terminal of the HighVoltage battery, "ground" the negative to the chassis so I don't even have to clip my workpiece to complete the circuit!!!

Engi_Nerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y LR (21 & 23)
Country flag
But is there a 12v battery?
The lithium low voltage battery in our Model Y means the "12V" outlets actually supply 16V. Made for a very unpleasant day of driving 90 minutes to our fave paddle boarding spot only to find that the pump that worked fine in our 2021 Model Y did NOT work in our fancy new 2023. If they now go to 48V, then they would need a dedicated accessory bus with deliberate voltage stepdown. Maybe they'll do that, maybe they won't.

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
Why did they clip it before it shut?

Misalignment? Panel gaps? Loud thud? Lol

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
If only weeks ago there were some way to be certain of this was a powered Frunk /s

no power outlets in Frunk

220v is elsewhere

Last edited:

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
This paper appears to be legal 8.5x14

puts Frunk void height at ~16” and depth at floor centerline at 18”

Tesla Cybertruck Powered Frunk In Action! Great shots!! 9DB74DAF-105D-478C-ABFA-ACEEA67F02AA

Tesla Cybertruck Powered Frunk In Action! Great shots!! 1698507832252

Puts CT Frunk volume at roughly the following footprint, but a ~bit more dramatic height slope forward from the max height at back wall:

Tesla Cybertruck Powered Frunk In Action! Great shots!! 809B72D5-1C68-433F-B32D-09AD21C27832

or as gone over (to death) before:

Tesla Cybertruck Powered Frunk In Action! Great shots!! 81D54A7F-2011-4C29-B0AE-E43182112000

about 1/2 to 3/5th the volume of a Lightning Frunk, but the preferred usability of either depending on the need (eg since the shapes are different, they’ll fit different things differently)

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
IMO, the frunk is disappointingly small for such a massive vehicle. I feel like this wouldn't even fit a full load of groceries.
It's the result of shortening the front end for the "it must fit in my garage" crowd.

The stubbier front end is noticeable in the concept vs. production pic. The front end overhand is almost gone now. From a styling standpoint I think it looks better than the concept.
Tesla Cybertruck Powered Frunk In Action! Great shots!! ABF79512-53BD-4061-A327-B66BFEBAA31E
Sponsored

Last edited: