Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
I make Costco runs in my 'Vette. Did it yesterday, including their ginormous bales of paper towels and bath tissues, a case of cat litter and two cases of water, plus the smaller stuff. You just have to know how to pack ;)
Like my Lowe's run last week? :eek: 🤯

Kept wondering why people would pull up to me on the freeway and just pace me for awhile......

Tesla Cybertruck Powered Frunk In Action! Great shots!! IMG_8072.JPG

Tesla Cybertruck Powered Frunk In Action! Great shots!! IMG_8073.JPG

Tesla Cybertruck Powered Frunk In Action! Great shots!! IMG_8074.JPG

Tesla Cybertruck Powered Frunk In Action! Great shots!! IMG_8075.JPG

Tesla Cybertruck Powered Frunk In Action! Great shots!! IMG_8076.JPG

Tesla Cybertruck Powered Frunk In Action! Great shots!! IMG_8077.JPG

Tesla Cybertruck Powered Frunk In Action! Great shots!! IMG_8078.JPG

Tesla Cybertruck Powered Frunk In Action! Great shots!! IMG_8079.JPG

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
You are correct, the 3mm thickness makes it less dangerous than point of a knife. But it is more dangerous than a rounded corner. Since I started this, I should say where I come from. I was a bit active on Rivian Forum when I was seriously considering one. There was an edge similar to these corners on R1T gear tunnel door that has caused several injuries, one of which looked very bad with a ton of stitches. If you weld the piece you are showing to a 7000 lb truck (it is going nowhere upon impact) and I trip and bang my temple to it, approximately half the weight of my body multiplied by the speed of my head on that small edge can take me out for good. Give the same edge a small radius and I may survive.
I saw that too, ugly photos. And Rivian had originally made it much safer. I would find it very irresponsible if Tesla didn't take this into consideration. I honestly think/hope they will. Making this a non-issue.

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
I saw that too, ugly photos. And Rivian had originally made it much safer. I would find it very irresponsible if Tesla didn't take this into consideration. I honestly think/hope they will. Making this a non-issue.
I am being over dramatic a bit here. Rivian didn’t go out of business for that and Tesla won’t either for this. Any company no matter how experienced will have to get through a number of reiterations based on customer feedback to fine tune their product. Engineering has compromise built in. I wouldn’t be surprised if someone in a meeting brought up that pointy edge and the risks associated with it but R.J. said Gear tunnel and the look is worth the risk and stockholders won’t put up with another delay. With CT, if no one trips and bang their head, it will be hard to justify a costly redesign. CT refinements over the next 10 years will be as interesting to me as the CT event next month.

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
Whats that paper taped to the inside say?? Looks like it contains valuable information…
I think it’s the regulatory info if they get pulled over since there is no door stickers yet

scottf200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Country flag
Yeah, I have exactly THREE tools in my shop that use 220. The table saw (had to reconfigure it), the dust collector, and the spindle on my CNC.

all of them are BIG and STATIONARY..... they don't leave the shop.

What job site tools use 220? A welder?
I think the fans for these are 220v /s

Tesla Cybertruck Powered Frunk In Action! Great shots!! YuIA636

wtibbit

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes sedan, Corvette coupe, Yukon XL
Occupation
Retired Engineering Program Director
Country flag
Not planning on buying one, actually
TT, before you follow CyberGus's advice to gtfo, please choose the best way to complete this statement:

I've been been here for just one Taco Tuesday, but I've already decided that I don't like

A: The Cybertruck
B: The forum
C: The fact that neither the truck nor the forum will give me a taco
D: All of the above

Bill837

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Z4, 2015 Cherokee Trailhawk, 2008 R1200RT
Occupation
Aviation Weapons/Systems
Country flag
Guess many of us are 🤣🤣

IMG_7334.jpeg
Thanks for capturing this idiocy. This post flips back and forth between I and me and he and told that you cant even be sure who allegedly holds the reservation. Later in his FB post, one of many where he's pushed this crap, he said flat out he was the source of the this whole price thing.
Sponsored