Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
thank you for details! :)
you are right, haven't done any off-road stuff. the most extreme camping I've done is sleeping in state park cabins with no bathroom, bathrooms/showers were 200 feet walk :)
Oh, sorry I wasn't clear. No off-roading in the Model 3! Just driving along the "scenic" highways in Utah, but the SCs are usually along the main highways (15, 70, 80, etc).

Check out the route from Green River, UT, down the 24 and then onto the 12 to Bryce Canyon, then on to Springdale (Zion) It's a bit of a haul, but gorgeous !

AustroTom

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.schwaigerdesign.com
Vehicles
2023 MX, 2017 MS, 2018 M3, Slvdo 2500HD,CT Tri res
Occupation
Artistic metal
Country flag
RV. Imagine going camping and no having to listen (or smell) your nieghbor's generator.
Can you imagine how fast you would deplete your battery if you'd run a welder, table saw and other equipment off the CT's power?

And the frunk is not very useful without a front face. Stuff will constantly tumble out, since it's not very deep

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
Can you imagine how fast you would deplete your battery if you'd run a welder, table saw and other equipment off the CT's power?

And the frunk is not very useful without a front face. Stuff will constantly tumble out, since it's not very deep

install a cargo net across the front frunk mouth. Hopefully Tesla will include or sell as accessory.

Tesla Cybertruck Powered Frunk In Action! Great shots!! 1698637881875

$18 Automotive Cargo Nets for SUV Trunk Net Organizer for Car,Universal Storage Cargo Net with Hooks,High Elastic Car Rear Cargo Net Stretches to 66"
https://www.amazon.com/Automotive-Organizer-Car,Universal-Hooks,High-Stretches/dp/B096K85MBC

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag

IronStation

First Name
Gerard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
https://digitalcommons.calpoly.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1332&context=imesp

Impalement History The Occupational Health and Safety Administration has online records of injury reports dating back to 1984. A search of rebar impalement resulted in 61 incidents. The key findings from the search of the OSHA data yielded the following: ● OSHA reported incidents involving rebar impalement result in death just over 26% of the time. 61 incidents, of which 16 were fatal. ● There is an average of 1.7 rebar impalement injuries reported to OSHA every year: 61 incidents over 36 years.

Trbizwiz

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Jeep Wrangler JLU, Dodge Challenger
Occupation
Logistics
Country flag
Yeah, I have exactly THREE tools in my shop that use 220. The table saw (had to reconfigure it), the dust collector, and the spindle on my CNC.

all of them are BIG and STATIONARY..... they don't leave the shop.

What job site tools use 220? A welder?
If you have 220 v in the Cybertruck, you have potential for back up home power, in case of an outage. Living in FL, this is an attractive option. All you would need is a genset transfer switch on your home, and a cord to go from your truck to that transfer switch, theoretically. You would have access to roughly 10 powerwalls, theoretically. Those would have a street value of roughly $50,000. So that 220 volt outlet represents significant value added to the truck. IMOP

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
It even made me rethink getting the R1T, I was leaning towards the R1S anyway (better proportions) as my young daughter would have spent too much time playing with the gear tunnel and would have eventually hurt herself (not saying that the sharp edges of the lower tailgate aren’t dangerous).
...Not to put a point on it, but all of them were people falling or jumping from the roof. You're going to get injured on any door if you fall on it.

Rebar is just one of the many, many hazards on a construction site, and I applaud efforts to improve safety.

However, your assertion that "hundreds of thousands" of people have been impaled by rebar is insane. If you can show data that even 1,000 people have been impaled by rebar in the last 20 years, I'll make you my +1 at the Cybertruck delivery event if I get a golden ticket.
https://www.osha.gov/ords/imis/AccidentSearch.search?acc_keyword="Rebar"&keyword_list=on

Anyhow.

-Crissa

sstevens805

First Name
Shelton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DM 2021 MY & '69 Cadillac Deville Convertible
Country flag

Trbizwiz

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Jeep Wrangler JLU, Dodge Challenger
Occupation
Logistics
Country flag
When you deplete the battery you'll run out of energy. Load management, and monitoring will be important. If Tesla gives you access to the 220 volt output, I assume they will give you access to load management and monitoring.

mhaze

First Name
mhike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 3; Smartcar; F150 Raptor; Avalanche 2500 4x4
Country flag
Rivian recently got rid of their 12Vs that were in the frunk and under the center dash due to "minimal usage by their owners" (per Rivian)🤷‍♂️
I got news for Rivey. Bragging rights is a Highly Important Use. We also need a 20,000V plug to run our whole-cybertruck Tesla Coil essential functionalities. Any other questions?
Sponsored