LinMorgan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Rubicon
Country flag
High winds and a tornado knocked out our power this evening. The Beast and its newly activated PowerShare saved the day (night), while the neighborhood is out of power I’ve got more that a day with AC and power. Worked better Than I could have expected!

Tesla Cybertruck PowerShare + Cybertruck to the rescue as home power backup after tornado! IMG_1012
Sponsored

Mettalicron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, Cybertruck
Occupation
Software Engineer / Business Owner
Country flag
I came home after the power was out, so dont really know. It came on immediately once I plugged in
Cool! Would be awesome if it had a low enough interruption time to not disrupt devices that are on (ie: computers, networking,etc…)

txtravwill

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, BMW, Ford
Country flag
Cool! Would be awesome if it had a low enough interruption time to not disrupt devices that are on (ie: computers, networking,etc…)
You'll only get that super fast no interruption time if you have actual coupled powerwalls I believe.

Uzi05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I’m in Houston also (Sugar Land) so we didn’t get as bad weather as Cypress/Downtown. But seeing this post is really making me consider moving forward with the PowerShare install. I’ve been sitting on the quote for a week.

JGTESLA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Foundation Cyberbeast, G Class Mercedes
Country flag
High winds and a tornado knocked out our power this evening. The Beast and its newly activated PowerShare saved the day (night), while the neighborhood is out of power I’ve got more that a day with AC and power. Worked better Than I could have expected!
IMG_1012.png
Can you provide details on your backup? I’m working with my installer, and they don’t seem 100% confident in their understanding about what can and cannot be backed up.

OP
OP
LinMorgan

LinMorgan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Rubicon
Country flag
Can you provide details on your backup? I’m working with my installer, and they don’t seem 100% confident in their understanding about what can and cannot be backed up.
Our whole house has been backed up. I don’t think they left off any breakers. We’ve got AC and power in every room

eunoia

First Name
Ann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Yay! This is exciting to hear! We were uncertain about it at first, it took 6 weeks to get the quote but then the quote was less expensive than what we feared and we decided to do it.

roadrunner32

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model Y 2021
Occupation
retired electrical engineer
Country flag
That’s awesome. I almost keep forgetting it does serve a purpose and it’s no just extra money
I've spent $1200 for a not so portable generator and a large propane tank. I have to lift and roll out the generator out of the garage, hook up the hose to the propane tank and connect to the breaker panel. Thats no fun in the rain or whatever condition that caused the black out. AND..... it does not provide enough power to run AC or the "shoved down our throats" electric strip heater furnace. Seems to me the Tesla truck is a better option.

roadrunner32

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model Y 2021
Occupation
retired electrical engineer
Country flag
My wife is all of a sudden in love with the truck! It’s an awesome benefit
Can my "not gonna have two electric vehicles" wife talk to your wife? ha. Seriously how is the ride comfort? bumpy neighborhood roads, have you had it on a road trip?
Sponsored