JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
collector chevy K20, cybertruck asap
Occupation
Coach
Country flag
I talked to a Tesla installer in our area (Coeur d'Alene, ID, Spokane, WA) to discuss solar panel install. He told me that if I buy all the power share equipment directly with him then I can get 30% of the cost from the feds and 40% from the state. However if we buy them as FS with the truck it will not qualify (wow). Thought I will pass to some that can qualify. Tim the installer has so many years of experience directly with Tesla and decided to go home and start a shop installing Tesla energy in our area. Spokane and surrounding areas let me know if you need his contact.

OP
OP
jpend

jpend

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT
Country flag
I received my power share survey and today I got the approval of the installation. They will connect me with the installer.
I live in the country between two big canyons looking at a good size river. Unfortunately I live on hills (canyon hills) not enough room to turn around nor easily park so make a decision where to install the wall connector. I decided to install two wall connectors 1. One connector in the shop where the main panel is located but difficult to drive the truck inside 2. Install a wall connector on the side of the house where it is easier to park.
I do not know where I connect the cybertruck to the power share, is it via universal wall connector right?
Question: Is it possible to install two wall connectors and still have one where I can use the power share and a second one just for charging the cybertruck.

The universal wall connector is the interface from the CT to PowerShare. It would be possible to to buy and have another wall connector installed on the property, but it likely would not be able to also support PowerShare. From what I have seen on the V3 gateway, there is only one communication connection for the universal wall connector.

Sjohnson20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD, Model Y
Country flag
I filled out the survey finally. I have powerwalls already. But I need the universal wall charger. I wasn’t sure how many amps my house has. Anyways, 4k is a steal to have full home backup in Florida I lose power due to hurricanes a lot. I bought my powerwalls after going through 10 days of no power.

GatorCyber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Cybertruck
Country flag
My panel is in my garage on an outside wall, and the main meter is on the opposite of that wall.
How are these electricians coming up with $3k+ for labor and some wire?
My guy would probably get it done before lunch for $300 and less than $50 in parts.
I don't understand why Tesla is creating a way for 'approved' electricians to profit by taking the whole $4k because they know it's available and they know they are a monopoly by being Tesla approved.

GatorCyber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Cybertruck
Country flag
For reference, the last house I built, my GC charged $15k all-in for electrical for the whole damn house of 2,400 sq ft.

Cougs

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
collector chevy K20, cybertruck asap
Occupation
Coach
Country flag
My panel is in my garage on an outside wall, and the main meter is on the opposite of that wall.
How are these electricians coming up with $3k+ for labor and some wire?
My guy would probably get it done before lunch for $300 and less than $50 in parts.
I don't understand why Tesla is creating a way for 'approved' electricians to profit by taking the whole $4k because they know it's available and they know they are a monopoly by being Tesla approved.
I think that they guaranty the install for a long time so if anything happens they will come in and fix.

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S
Country flag
Beast owner here. I recently received an email from Tesla with a $1400 credit for the store to buy equipment (i.e., Universal Wall Connector etc). I've reached out to a certified installer, and I'm still waiting for them to get back to me, but it is not clear how I receive the $4000 installation credit that the Foundation Series Beast comes with.

Does anyone know how the installation credit works? Does the installer reach out to Tesla? Or do I have to pass the invoice on to Tesla and they pay for up to $4000 for the install? It's not clear on how this works.
Sponsored