cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Again informed by the few new photos of CT construction, like the Q1 earnings frame photo, crash test video, and a particularly helpful pic from @greggertruck - I've put into photo format some of my mental map of some of the bed / bulkhead features.

None meant to be definitive to any fraction of inches, but instead meant to be better considered than a wet finger in the wind.

A bit overkill I know, but seems around here brevity is viewed as an exploitable weakness :ROFLMAO:

Tesla Cybertruck Pre-Production Proto Bed and Bulkhead Features Analysis Slide1.JPG
Tesla Cybertruck Pre-Production Proto Bed and Bulkhead Features Analysis Slide2.JPG
Tesla Cybertruck Pre-Production Proto Bed and Bulkhead Features Analysis Slide3.JPG
Tesla Cybertruck Pre-Production Proto Bed and Bulkhead Features Analysis Slide4.JPG
Tesla Cybertruck Pre-Production Proto Bed and Bulkhead Features Analysis Slide5.JPG
Tesla Cybertruck Pre-Production Proto Bed and Bulkhead Features Analysis Slide6.JPG
Tesla Cybertruck Pre-Production Proto Bed and Bulkhead Features Analysis Slide7.JPG
Tesla Cybertruck Pre-Production Proto Bed and Bulkhead Features Analysis Slide8.JPG
Tesla Cybertruck Pre-Production Proto Bed and Bulkhead Features Analysis Slide9.JPG
Tesla Cybertruck Pre-Production Proto Bed and Bulkhead Features Analysis Slide10.JPG
Tesla Cybertruck Pre-Production Proto Bed and Bulkhead Features Analysis Slide11.JPG
Tesla Cybertruck Pre-Production Proto Bed and Bulkhead Features Analysis Slide12.JPG
Tesla Cybertruck Pre-Production Proto Bed and Bulkhead Features Analysis Slide13.JPG
Sponsored

ÆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
You still never discussed whether or not there's room for the chickens to roost on the tonneau cover pocket under the eave out of the rain, and at what speed would they be forced to fly the cyber-vault coup?!

Then again, the tonneau cover can possibly be closed partially so .... :)

- ÆCIII

OP
OP
cvalue13

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
And at the end, the added value is?
the glimmer of satisfaction, from waisting trolls’ time?

that, and, e.g., mapping out (in my head) a lot of changes made that collectively make it

• possible for the rear window to roll down
• possible the rear seats recline

two things I’ve never had but always wanted in a truck

but mostly, waisting trolls’ time

CompMaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri CT
Country flag
I was seeing this too and thinking about the ~3% shrinking
If the Bed is still 6.5 feet deep, is that only the floor of the bed and not the whole bed? Kinda like the other cars have a big trunk space, but not much head/top room. So you can actually put a big box but rather many bags in the trunk.

Will this be similar, maybe just enough room to have the quad in the back with the door closed, but cannot put in a 6.5 foot box that is 5 feet tall...

OP
OP
cvalue13

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
If the Bed is still 6.5 feet deep, is that only the floor of the bed and not the whole bed?
an observation I didn’t include but maybe should have:

Regardless of disagreements around max bed depth (eg 6.5’ vs 6’), I don’t think the bed max width is controversial. I think there’s broad agreement the max bed width will be right around 60-65” wide, like any other full-sized truck bed.

The irony is that, *some people* who argue that there isn't much encroachment by the bulkhead/eve, don't realize that they're inadvertently arguing that the max bed depth is significantly shorter than even 6'

Tesla Cybertruck Pre-Production Proto Bed and Bulkhead Features Analysis CT Overhang 2 - new slide

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag