Status
Not open for further replies.

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y, 23 Lightning, CyberTruck (someday)
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
Why I think the cost of the Cybertruck could be close to price at reveal.

New hairpin motors, castings, manufacturing footprint and efficiency's, battery cost, structural battery pack, 48 volt , less rare earth metals, government incentives for battery production.

Materials costs in general back close to pre covid pricing. Increased vertical integration.

Higher take rate on FSD since hardware four, V11+ bringing functional FSD close to reality plus many will not pass up on the low FSD price they secured in 2019. This will drive company overall margins and is the main reason Cybertruck will be close to reveal price.

Sell the phone cheap to sell the super secret accessories and software. The more sell through on reservations the more FSD and services sold.

I believe the Dual motor will be no more then 55k and lean towards 49,900 IMO.
Sponsored

SolarWizard

First Name
MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.0L JT // Quad CT
Occupation
solar, DCFC & battery biz owner
Country flag
Maybe it's the optimist in me that thinks 'Dual' could squeeze below or at $59,999.99 :)

I wouldn’t mind being wrong. The real issue for teslas has got to be the potential complete destruction of the market for the model Y if the CT is anywhere close in price.
Way more storage, way more capability, way faster charging, no more need for wraps or ppf to protect garbage paint, way more room for 5 people.
I personally believe that keeping it to 5 passengers was already a move to protect the X & Y

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
inflation and parts shortages can do a lot to price. supply and demand, for example.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
I wouldn’t mind being wrong. The real issue for teslas has got to be the potential complete destruction of the market for the model Y if the CT is anywhere close in price.
Way more storage, way more capability, way faster charging, no more need for wraps or ppf to protect garbage paint, way more room for 5 people.
I personally believe that keeping it to 5 passengers was already a move to protect the X & Y
car people won't get a truck

MilkMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Tri motor gonna fit under 80k I'm calling it now. Up 10k from original estimate, allows room for inflation and rws. Tesla gets more money. We barely pay more, (after tax incentives fed and otherwise). Win win.
If they must increase the price I'll take a dual motor with 500 miles of range for $80k.

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
car people won't get a truck
Who are these car people? When I was a sales manager at a large auto dealership most manufacturers were dropping sedans for crossovers, SUV's and trucks. Look at the amout of new midsized trucks and even compact trucks taking over the market. You can't even order a Maverrick.

Most car people don't want a gas guzzling truck but give them the space of a large SUV and cost of ownership that an electric truck does and I believe they will buy them.

Bjorneo

First Name
Bjorn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tundra, '15 Forester, '16 Fusion, '87 911 Cab
Occupation
Retired Software Exec
Country flag
A new Tundra identical to the one I have is over 70k. I don't expect the 2 motor CT to come in at a lot less.

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
A new Tundra identical to the one I have is over 70k. I don't expect the 2 motor CT to come in at a lot less.
Why?

The price of a 2020 Tundra hasn't changed that much since reveal and at that time Tesla priced the dual motor at 49,900. What has changed that would cause the Cybertruck to increase in price 35% or more in comparison to the Tundra.

davelloydbrown

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3, silverado
Occupation
veterinarian - retired
Country flag
I believe that the major reasons the CT is delayed are due to the rising costs and slow ramp up of 4680 batteries. When the CT does eventually reach mass production, the cost of raw materials and the energy density of the 4680 should hopefully be improved such that the costs should not be too much above the original pricing. Here's hoping! Although his timelines are often off, Elon does eventually try to keep his promises - 35 K model 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.