Status
Not open for further replies.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
I still predict DM pricing will start around $65k. Regarding this years production numbers...

"Tesla Cybertruck Executives Hint at Release Date

Were there clues and information that were shared with Tesla executives about the Cybertruck? Matthew, one of the attendees of Investor Day, talked to them, and they had this to say about the Cybertruck.

They said they are following Elon Musk's vision to the letter. What Elon Musk said publicly is true and that first deliveries will happen in Q3, 2023, with around 1,000 deliveries this year. Volume production will start next year."

My hunch is that nearly 100% of 2024 production will go to employees and suppliers.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
He is guessing based on the comparison to the hummer or other similar specced trucks.

Which was like basing the price of a T model Ford, to a good horse.

Silly analogy, but I do not think what legacy does is a benchmark.

EM said whilst others would eventually catch up, Tesla would always maintain a manufacturing advantage.

I think the value we felt on presentation day will not be lost when we see the final prices.
No, it's more like comparing a Model T to a Rolls Royce. Literally, Rolls Royce delivered their first car four years before the Model T, and like other cars of the time, was very expensive. People of the day didn't think Ford could do it.

They said they are following Elon Musk's vision to the letter. What Elon Musk said publicly is true and that first deliveries will happen in Q3, 2023, with around 1,000 deliveries this year. Volume production will start next year."

My hunch is that nearly 100% of 2024 production will go to employees and suppliers.
2024? You mean 2023, right? Tesla has alot of employees, but not enough to absorb a second-year production of any one of their models.

-Crissa

MonkeyDeLuffy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maverick
Occupation
Math In-and-Out
Country flag
that article lists the price for a diesel semi at just over 100K. Dream on. perhaps the most barebones diesel cab might be available at that price but nobody is trying to drive that. It simply is not an honest comparison.
Exactly, it was a pro-hydrogen article...surprise:)

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
No, it's more like comparing a Model T to a Rolls Royce. Literally, Rolls Royce delivered their first car four years before the Model T, and like other cars of the time, was very expensive. People of the day didn't think Ford could do it.

2024? You mean 2023, right? Tesla has alot of employees, but not enough to absorb a second-year production of any one of their models.

-Crissa
Correct, this year.

The majority of early reservation holders will not be receiving their CT's until 2024 at the earliest.

WoodChuckDad

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram (270K miles), Nissan Rouge, Ford Escape
Occupation
geek
Country flag
If they must increase the price I'll take a dual motor with 500 miles of range for $80k.
I was hoping $70K. That would only be an increase of about 20%. I don't need autonomous driving. I live in the mountains off dirt road. don't think I'd trust it.

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
Look, I dont know about you all but my crystal ball got covid and died and the new one I ordered is still stuck at the dock after a lengthy stay in the suez canal. All to say, who knows, who cares. They will offer it at what they think they can get and we will have to deal with it. I am sure it will be a financial stretch for most. Many have been planning financially while others are just hoping the stars financially align and are planning to bet it all on stainless. Lets just wait and see. One thing is for sure, Tesla doesn't owe us anything.

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
Correct, this year.

The majority of early reservation holders will not be receiving their CT's until 2024 at the earliest.
This is a good thing as the tax credit should be able to pop off the price of the vehicle at that point. (Finance less)

Reactions: OB2

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
I could see Tesla pricing the dual motor with vault cover and all the other stuff for close to the price they say... maybe with some inflation.

It would be fine by me, if they had to, to offer a quad at $79,999 that includes the FSD that I ordered (back when it was $7,000 and at the time would have made my truck ~$77,000) BUT, because of inflation, they sell it without the vault cover, with steel wheels, etc... and make those items available immediately as distribution center add-ons for a price... Just to get the total price under the $80,000 cap. :)

(But, I'll get it even if it goes above the cap. I just want my truck and I hope they don't pull a "Dual motor only for now and eventually a quad or "plaid" version will be released" thing because I want the bestest, biggest, mostest, fastest Cybertruck and I want it now!

:p

OB2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Does any one have historical data to offer on Tesla’s “debut vs release” prices on past productions? Maybe this may give better ‘hints’ of what to expect for pricing. One things for sure, the price isn’t going to be lower than it was advertised. But ….. hey, you never know, right?!

Elon, how about lowering the price of CT’s just to surprise the heck out of us faithful enthusiasts?! I triple dog dare you!😁😉

SparkChaser

First Name
Leigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck Ticket Holder, Ford Ranger, Mini Coup
Occupation
Airline Inspector
Country flag
Does any one have historical data to offer on Tesla’s “debut vs release” prices on past productions? Maybe this may give better ‘hints’ of what to expect for pricing. One things for sure, the price isn’t going to be lower than it was advertised. But ….. hey, you never know, right?!

Elon, how about lowering the price of CT’s just to surprise the heck out of us faithful enthusiasts?! I triple dog dare you!😁😉
The comparison has been done many times on the #, X and Y. The promise of a faster ramp on the CT is what we are all hoping for.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag

Tesla changed up pricing on the Roadster a bit. Likewise on the Model X when they revamped it.

In neither case were the changes huge. On the Roadster it was mostly option pricing. On the Model X, it was something like an $8,000 increase on what was then a $70,000 vehicle.

If Tesla were to increase prices more than 15%, it would be unprecedented.

A 15% bump would put the dual motor at $57,500, coincidentally exactly offsetting the incentive. The Tri/Quad motor truck would be $79,900 or so. Coincidentally putting it right at the top of the range for getting the EV incentive.

That same 15% is roughly in line with inflation.

Status
Not open for further replies.