Production/Delivery Timeline for Other Tesla Models

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Dual Motor
Country flag
Just out of curiosity what has the production/delivery timeline been like for the Model 3, Model X, etc.?

When did Tesla say production would begin on those models versus when the first deliveries began to happen.

What were the pre-orders like on those models compared to the Cybertruck?
Sponsored

VolklKatana

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2019 Tesla M3 LR AWD FSD, CT3 reserved
Occupation
Data Architect
Country flag
The Y is the only one to meet its delivery date. I believe they had said mid 2020 and deliveries are starting this weekend. so thats somewhere between 3 and 3 and 6 months ahead of schedule. everything else has been later than originally stated.

Personally, I think we are going to be able to get a pretty good idea of the actual date based on the factory progress itself. It took roughly a year from ground breaking to delivery. In the US, Im thinking the building of the factory will be slower, but the production of the vehicle will be more rapid due to reduced complexity, but still roughly a years time.

OP
OP
Magnesiumtycoon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Dual Motor
Country flag
Thanks for the reply! I know they mentioned they still didn't know how they were going to press/form the cold rolled steel for the body because of the hardness. Do you think that will slow things down at all?

Old Spice

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Polaris RZR
Country flag
What were the pre-orders like on those models compared to the Cybertruck?
I don't think comparing Cybertruck reservation numbers to other models is telling because of the different required deposit amounts - just $100 for the Cybertruck vs $1000 for the 3 and $2500 for the Y.

OP
OP
Magnesiumtycoon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Dual Motor
Country flag
I don't think comparing Cybertruck reservation numbers to other models is telling because of the different required deposit amounts - just $100 for the Cybertruck vs $1000 for the 3 and $2500 for the Y.
You are right, I forgot about the different deposit amounts. But I suppose those numbers may give us an idea of how many legit pre-orders there are since a lot of the people who put down $100 won't actually buy a cybertruck.

VolklKatana

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2019 Tesla M3 LR AWD FSD, CT3 reserved
Occupation
Data Architect
Country flag
I think they are still going to still require that 2500 deposit, its just a matter of when.

Also, it is believed that the 30x steel will not be pressed at all, just cut and folded. According to the Sandy Munro interview, folding makes things significantly easier.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
This is a frame grab from the unveil. Notice delivery dates, range and prices have changed. Also no word on standard range under $40,000 model. One other interesting note. The unveil date, March 15 2019. So 1 year from unveil to first shipments.
Tesla Cybertruck Production/Delivery Timeline for Other Tesla Models yunveilspecs

Last edited:

Fabville

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fabville.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, Nissan LEAF, Reservation for Tri-Motor CT
Country flag
With the talk of a Cybertruck Gigafactory somewhere in the central US, there could be factory construction delays if all CT production is set for a new location.

Also going to be a ramp up of production for the new line and a backlog to work through. While they learned a lot especially on the Model 3 ramp up, they’ll be working with new material and production processes, and likely several new employees in a different state to get trained.

If you go through the Tesla order page for a particular model, it currently shows 2-3 weeks for estimated delivery for the 3, S, and X. These numbers can fluctuate, I’ve seen it as long as 7-8 weeks.
Sponsored