• Just wait for your Cybertruck

Results are only viewable after voting.

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 LR, Founders CT (Ordered)
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
With the delay of our N64 trucks I'm now seriously considering a model Y to get my by until then.

However, my business partner seems convinced that a model Y will send the wrong message when pulling up to job sites, but I'm really not convinced that's the case. I do specialty repairs at wineries all over California, so I'd be lugging parts and tools everywhere.

A White model Y pulling up and pulling the toolbags out of the back still seems perfectly professional to me. That said, what do you nerds think?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
Nuttin' wrong with a model Y. It's certainly no old jalopy, it's a modern, green vehicle that shows you care about the planet. Your professionalism emanates from you as soon as you step out of the vehicle.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
It's also quick, quiet, clean, and people think they cost more than they do. So it gets a bit of luxury cred. The Y is a little chunkier than the other Teslas (like the X) and most can't tell it's not an X from a glance.

-Crissa

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Depends on business. If you are expected to show with tools and parts, does not look as good without a box truck or van. If you are showing up for an inspection or with small toolkit/dolly, Y will look good to me. In fact, you may get side conversation on how you like the Y.

personal opinion, take with salt and maybe alcohol

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
With the delay of our N64 trucks I'm now seriously considering a model Y to get my by until then.

However, my business partner seems convinced that a model Y will send the wrong message when pulling up to job sites, but I'm really not convinced that's the case. I do specialty repairs at wineries all over California, so I'd be lugging parts and tools everywhere.

A White model Y pulling up and pulling the toolbags out of the back still seems perfectly professional to me. That said, what do you nerds think?
At wineries yes. At refineries no.

Eye of Elon

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Yaris
Occupation
Driver
Country flag
I bet California wineries would love a model y. The cybertruck would exude too much toxic masculinity.

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag

If you were talking about Model S/X it might appear real upscale.

In the U.S. a low-end Mercedes is a luxury car but the exact same car in Germany is a taxi.

In California a Tesla Model Y is well on the way to been just a common (but best) EV.

Put your company logos on it and attract even more customers to your business.

I would think wineries are not fans of vehicle air pollution which is damaging all people and also the winery's assets (vines & grapes) too.

Last edited:

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
The Model Y has a surprising amount of storage so it should be fine.

I can't see anyone thinking it's unprofessional unless you actually can't fit the tools you need into it.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3LR, Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
I would expect wineries to like your choice of vehicle in particular, and you'd stand out in a good way.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
I would expect wineries to like your choice of vehicle in particular, and you'd stand out in a good way.
wait, does the OP work alongside wineries? Bring the Y over with a few cases of your customer’s or your product so I may sample, I mean give my opinion on the Y.

I am partial to reds

CyberT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR RWD
Occupation
Service Technician
Country flag
I have been trying to convince my boss to replace our Mazda 3's with SR Model Y's (whenever they come out) to use as our service vehicles.

Having a high-tech vehicle makes sense in my Technology Service field.