Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
I wonder if ProtectaClear would work well over gold plated CT. @ProtectaClear ?

kobratoldya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y Model X
Country flag
Still seems like too many details and things to think about. Too many variables for my liking.

Reactions: Jow

96Kopper02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
If you get it right it looks really, really good. If you get it wrong it looks terrible. The line separating the two looks pretty thin. Definitely watch this video if you plan on using it. I suspect people get into trouble the most when they put it on too thick. Much cheaper option than PPF. Definitely going to try it out.

Chris9702L

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda ridgeline
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
No problem, it was great meeting you and Coleton and watching the process preformed by the pros!
Just some notes from the “fly on the wall”.
- It is a technique that you have to develop, but so is the other coatings and doing a DIY wrap. Like was said do the top of the frunk first and get that down. I learned just apply the right amount or to little. Just don’t apply it to thick to avoid droops and runs. It can be done and done well.
- leveling - watching the coating level itself was amazing. It looks like really thick runny paint be given a small amount of time it smooths right out. The craziest thing is when I had a rainbow on the front hood. Jacki put one swipe of coating on that just looked awful. I could imagine that it would smooth out but it did and now is perfectly smooth. When I left to drive home I noticed maybe about a half dozen areas that needed touch up but the leveling continued. Now I have to look really hard to see those spots. Am I gonna do any touchups? I don’t know because they are minor.
- The coating looks fantastic - The truck is bright stainless. Now I can’t wait to work on the trim
- No fingerprints - I drove up to Fort Collins with my daughters and one of their friends. They put a massive amount of fingerprints on the truck. Now fingerprints are a thing of the past. Absolutely gone.
- Prep takes forever but the application is very quick.
- orange tape - I would like to know where Coleton gets that also, I can’t find it down here.
Overall it’s a fantastic product that I am very happy with.

Kengineer

First Name
Kiwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Foundation cybertruck
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag

Hey @Chris9702L this your truck? Lol
I don’t think you need any type of semi permanent coating. I am getting good results from an automatic car wash. I think it has ceramic coating in the wash and it is not streaking. Looks even and no fuss and work. I just go there when it gets dirty.

Noblelr3

First Name
Noble
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S & X
Occupation
Battalion Chief
Country flag
Omg, I’ve been out of the loop but I’m super happy and have regained so much respect for Coleton for being man enough to give this a try with Jackie. I love the product. I have not seen the 2 hour video lol yet but will today shortly.
My truck looks amazing and yes, no fingerprints. I have a great touch ups and it wasn’t easy but I didn’t spend $3k either.
Going to post pictures of my mud flaps now on another post

kobratoldya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y Model X
Country flag
This is my second time trying the BFK+Windex combo and I’m left with splotches, streaks, and inconsistencies. I wonder what I’m doing wrong. I’ve been following Out of Specs tips the best that I can. Any tips?

Tesla Cybertruck ProtectaClear application do-over by Out of Spec Detailing IMG_7086

Tesla Cybertruck ProtectaClear application do-over by Out of Spec Detailing IMG_7087

Tesla Cybertruck ProtectaClear application do-over by Out of Spec Detailing IMG_7082

Tesla Cybertruck ProtectaClear application do-over by Out of Spec Detailing IMG_7083

Adrenalinwill

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, Cybertruck, Founders Roadster 2
Occupation
Custom Home Builder
Country flag
Colton trying so hard to make the product work. Three months since I started using the product and it has by far been the worse experience of owning a Cybertruck to date. What a stupid way to ruin the Cybertruck experience. After the countless hours of trying to make it work, fixing, stripping, re-applying, I finally spent the whole weekend to strip the entire truck and apply the DIY Metal Ceramic Coat. Took three hours and urned out perfectly, imagine that.

I was offered a 50% refund if I paid for return shipping. No thanks, it’s easier to dispose of it with my old paint cans at the next city event.

Adrenalinwill

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, Cybertruck, Founders Roadster 2
Occupation
Custom Home Builder
Country flag
This is my second time trying the BFK+Windex combo and I’m left with splotches, streaks, and inconsistencies. I wonder what I’m doing wrong. I’ve been following Out of Specs tips the best that I can. Any tips?

IMG_7086.jpeg

IMG_7087.jpeg

IMG_7082.jpeg

IMG_7083.jpeg
Yes, it turns out the panel is still dirty. Two applications of BKF (not the spray kind), wipe clean with windex and clean towels twice, and the result will be better. The discoloration and streaks is from residual residue on the towels. You can always wash the towels afterwards but wipe off in single passes and flip the towel to a new side each time. I went through about 25 microfiber towels to clean and prep the truck 👍🏼
Sponsored