Psycho for Cybertruck (Cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs)

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
OK, it's time to lay it down. Take a minute to think back, and share when it was that you realized you were...Psycho for Cybertruck. For me, it was two days after reveal, I spent the day at work thinking how futuristic and advanced the stainless steel body was, the looks, durability, electrification-station, as soon as I got home, I reserved one. That was it, I was hooked.
Sponsored

Last edited:

CoyoteJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, i3, Zero DS, F-250, CT & Aptera res
Occupation
Oracle Database Developer
Country flag
OK, it's time to lay it down. Take a minute to think back, and share when it was that you realized you were...Psycho for Cybertruck. For me, it was two days after reveal, I spent the day at work thinking how futuristic and advanced the stainless steel body was, the looks, durability, electrification-station, as sook as I got home, I reserved one. That was it, I was hooked.
When the truck drove on stage and cleared enough from the smoke that I could see the shape, I exclaimed “what” in shock and surprise. But when he started to talk about the shape being for strength and the stressed skin design I starting thinking “that makes sense.” I threw off the shackles of 100 years of truck design that was clouding my thinking. I made a reservation as soon as he said “you can go to our website and reserve one now.”

Stuck4ger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota FJ / Model Y
Occupation
Test Pilot
Country flag
OK, it's time to lay it down. Take a minute to think back, and share when it was that you realized you were...Psycho for Cybertruck. For me, it was two days after reveal, I spent the day at work thinking how futuristic and advanced the stainless steel body was, the looks, durability, electrification-station, as sook as I got home, I reserved one. That was it, I was hooked.
That was pretty similar to me. I casually knew that I wanted a Tesla. Someday. I casually knew they were going to unveil their truck and a couple of days after the reveal I started clicking and within a few seconds went from not knowing that I wanted a CyberTruck to I have to have one. At the time we had two vehicles a 2007 FJ Cruiser and a 2003 Honda Insight, both which were purchased used. After the CT reservation I ended up buying a Model Y for my wife, installing Tesla solar with 4 PW, and am impatiently awaiting my CT.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
When the truck drove on stage and cleared enough from the smoke that I could see the shape, I exclaimed “what” in shock and surprise. But when he started to talk about the shape being for strength and the stressed skin design I starting thinking “that makes sense.” I threw off the shackles of 100 years of truck design that was clouding my thinking. I made a reservation as soon as he said “you can go to our website and reserve one now.”
Same. At first, I couldn't believe what I was seeing, I was only half-watching. I didn't expect it to meet my needs.

But it looked wonderful. And when he said $40k starting price... I was hooked.

-Crissa

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
For me it was not love at the first sight. I loved the idea of owning a truck that does not look like a truck but I was always afraid of owning a Tesla. I bought all my cars used and never took one to the dealer for any work. Some of the things that was a pro for others like automatic software updates were the things that made me nervous. I did not always have best of luck with windows software updates and thinking my car will have multiple personality disorder without me being able to roll an update back was not a comforting thought. If I did buy a car new, I planned to keep it way passed warranty and Tesla looked expensive to repair. So I did not jump in at the reveal.

Then over time I started watching the test drives and reading the comments on this forum and realized, I can replace two of the cars in my driveway with one CT. Watching the buying experience of Tesla owners, made a new car purchase a possibility for me. Who would have thought, you can buy a new car without wanting to punch a sales person in the face. Watching J Leno video, made me realize how spacious and full of light it is inside. Having that much interior space without compromise on the bed length, I started imagining actually owning one. I always had the hots for Chevy avalanche because of the pass through and people talking about possibility of the Vault being fully connected to the interior the same way, now we are talking perfection. I know it may never happen but that was enough for drooling to begin. And of course the price, the single and dual motor were what I was willing to pay.

In short falling in love with CT was a slow process for me. Now I realize with a 700,000 spot in line, there is something to be said about love at first sight experience.

Last edited:

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
Maybe halfway through the reveal? That's how I got to about 40K in line. :) Learned my lesson from waiting a day on the Model 3 reservation.
Sponsored