Pure PPF Satin Stainless Steel Wrap done by Tint World Miramar (San Diego)

cyberSD619

First Name
KC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model x and model y
Country flag
Got my CT wrapped. Wanted to keep it looking like the OG color with added protection (fingerprints were getting annoying too).

WRAP: Pure PPF Satin Stainless Steel

TINT: Suntek evolve 15% all around, 50% windshield

Shout out to Tint World Miramar, Jay did an awesome job keeping me updated on the process and finished the job in a total of 4 days.

Took this quick photo, will update again with some better photos when I get some free time.

IMG_5546.jpeg
Sponsored

Tony stank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT AWD, X3 M Comp, GT3 RS
Occupation
Ex Tesla, ADAS whisperer
Country flag
I thinking of using pure ppf, anything to know about? What was the cost?

OP
OP
cyberSD619

cyberSD619

First Name
KC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model x and model y
Country flag
I thinking of using pure ppf, anything to know about? What was the cost?
PPF will run you more than vinyl. Since this was the shop’s first CT they were able to work with me on price.. asking around I got prices for 6k on PPF and 4k on vinyl. Tinting the windshield will be costly but worth it.

CyberJerry

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3 performance, soon to be cybertruck also
Country flag
Got my CT wrapped. Wanted to keep it looking like the OG color with added protection (fingerprints were getting annoying too).

WRAP: Pure PPF Satin Stainless Steel

TINT: Suntek evolve 15% all around, 50% windshield

Shout out to Tint World Miramar, Jay did an awesome job keeping me updated on the process and finished the job in a total of 4 days.

Took this quick photo, will update again with some better photos when I get some free time.

IMG_5546.jpeg
Looks great. Did they have to remove any parts like mirrors or fenders to apply the film?

QuantMech

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X, Cybertruck
Occupation
Physicist
Country flag
PPF will run you more than vinyl. Since this was the shop’s first CT they were able to work with me on price.. asking around I got prices for 6k on PPF and 4k on vinyl. Tinting the windshield will be costly but worth it.
The ppf is cheaper at Tesla than vinyl by $1500 according to
According to https://electrek.co/2023/11/30/tesla-cybertruck-comes-in-two-colors-after-all-via-a-6500-satin-wrap/

OP
OP
cyberSD619

cyberSD619

First Name
KC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model x and model y
Country flag

OP
OP
cyberSD619

cyberSD619

First Name
KC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model x and model y
Country flag
Wrap including the window tint I was able to come under the cost of what Tesla offers for their wrap, and I’m sure most will find better deals in their local areas.

Also I would rather put my trust in someone that has experience in wraps. I believe Tesla currently only offers wraps in select locations in CA.

TECH49

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MSP, MYP
Country flag
Thank you for the details and photos. I have XPEL matte clear on my MSP MSM, and really like it and am really thinking that's the way I want to go if I put anything on it. Pretty sure I'd use the same installer as I'm not sure how good Tesla would be about warranty issues on the wrap.

OP
OP
cyberSD619

cyberSD619

First Name
KC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model x and model y
Country flag
Thank you for the details and photos. I have XPEL matte clear on my MSP MSM, and really like it and am really thinking that's the way I want to go if I put anything on it. Pretty sure I'd use the same installer as I'm not sure how good Tesla would be about warranty issues on the wrap.
I was looking for a warranty on the Tesla wrap and didn’t see one but I’m sure they back their work.

7 year warranty on Pure PPF brand.
Another shot in the sun.

IMG_5561.jpeg

Daryoon

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck, Model X, Model 3, Lexus IS-C
Country flag
Thanks for sharing. I'm in SD too and picked up my CT on Saturday and thoroughly enjoying it. The attention it garners is unreal.

Need to figure out tinting stat. So many photos being taken.

OP
OP
cyberSD619

cyberSD619

First Name
KC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model x and model y
Country flag
Thanks for sharing. I'm in SD too and picked up my CT on Saturday and thoroughly enjoying it. The attention it garners is unreal.

Need to figure out tinting stat. So many photos being taken.
Tint world miramar! Got to know the owner Jay and he’s owned the shop for 10+ years, real down to earth guy. Let him know I referred you and he’ll take care of you for sure.
Sponsored