Purported Tesla Employee Confirms No 240v Outlet

newwave1331

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered: Cybertruck Tri FSD x 3
Country flag
No 240V outlet would be a let down if true. I haven’t seen a compressor air port either.

These two features enable utility and other accessories to function. I find it hard to believe Tesla cut those too.

madquadbiker

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Navara NP300, Honda e, Honda TRX700XX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
No 240V outlet would be a let down if true. I haven’t seen a compressor air port either.

These two features enable utility and other accessories to function. I find it hard to believe Tesla cut those too.
Maybe going with a breakout box of tricks connected to the charging port, was it GM offering something like that?

ÆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I hope they do include a 240V outlet, but in their 2019 reveal, they didn't specify the exact voltages. Only the quick demo of the guy plugging in the 'Cyberquad' to charge it, and in that one the connections were on the back right side, so who knows what any of it will be at this point.

While I like Ford's Pro-Power compliment of connections, I'm not sure it's wisely included considering how long it still takes for them to replenish at fast chargers. I guess it'd be Ok if a contractor lived fairly close, charged his Lightning overnight, used most of the onboard power during the day at a job site, with just enough SOC to get back home maybe, and then repeat.

To discuss a similar option for the moment, we know Tesla hasn't embraced V2G, likely for fundamental reasons. They seem to want more refinement, optimization, and extension of just the basic vehicle range, without introducing parasitic battery drain factors that might not always be manageable. Regardless of how some people would love it or have uses for it, V2G would still be a range reducing application. That risks making the driving experience with range even more uncertain, in addition to factors we deal with now such as cold weather and also the upper and lower SOC percentages in lithium batteries that Tesla recommends not using very often.

Likewise, robust onboard power would be also a significant range reducer just like V2G would. It's possible Tesla has had to make some hard choices, and settle for a 120 volts option as a compromise, who knows. We also know that battery constraints are upstream from all of this, and Tesla is ramping up the Semi too. So how much battery manufacturing capacity is Tesla solidly prepared to ramp up? Additional power features would actually require a larger battery pack in order to accommodate them in order to keep an acceptable range, so they implicate battery sourcing and supply too.

Then you have people like Dalmir Bala from Winnipeg driving his F150L to Chicago and seemed to find the very worst of all situations, with tons of exaggerated FUD mongering in the MSM outlet reports on his ("bad, EVs are a scam") experience, like $10,000 charger installation costs, and even a $6000 cost for upgrading his home electricity load center panel. I'm sorry, but if he really paid those prices for that, then he's got more issues than any EV might have, or he has more money than brains.

Have there been any extensive Youtube videos of F150L owner experiences with combined use of both driving and useage of their Pro-Power outlets for different things? I'd be interested in watching a video like that.

When Tesla adds certain features, there are always some people that will find a way to screw them up, like this guy Dalmir Bala did with his F150L. Of course some problems may have been the fault of particular charging stations too, but that is another subject entirely. Maybe Tesla is currently hesitant to include features that may rapidly drain the battery if people abuse their intended duty rating or purpose.

But, I'm surprised any Tesla employee would leak specific details out that specify onboard power constraints to 120v, etc. I thought by now many of them should know what a Non-Disclosure-Agreement (NDA) means, and didn't Tesla or Elon put out a specific warning recently? Maybe that was just for certain types of photos, I don't know.

Maybe it's possible the Tesla employee leaked inaccurate information too.

Either way, its not a super deal-breaker for me, but I'm sure some already have scenarios where they plan to use 240v power, like camping, etc. Guess we'll know for sure after the updated reveal.

- ÆCIII

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag

Everyone wanted the CT to fit in the garage. So unless you are intending to run your washer/dryer off the CT, what good does 240V do? Can't even get any power tools into the garage because it is filled up by the CT.

scottf200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Country flag
Everyone wanted the CT to fit in the garage. So unless you are intending to run your washer/dryer off the CT, what good does 240V do? Can't even get any power tools into the garage because it is filled up by the CT.
Work sites as well as emergency situations providing power to things that need Phase A & B.

fhteagle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Volt, CT Res x2
Country flag
I really hope this Intel is inaccurate. No 240V outlet would be a major missing feature.

If the intel is true ... Well then Tesla needs to pull it's head out of it's posterior about V2L /H / G

Space monkey

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Fat Cat
Occupation
Philosopher
Country flag
May be a deal breaker. I really want something to power tools in the barn damit 🤯

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Elon Musk has already said the Cybertruck will be able to power a small house.

Is that not already cleared up long ago ?
Sponsored