Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 -> Cybertruck Tri motor
Occupation
IT
Country flag
The price will jump to? $100k?
I don't think so.
Originally going from 1 to 2 moters with a 50 more range cost $10 more.
Going from 2 motors to 3, with 200 more range cost $20 more.

1m + 200r = 20
1m + 50r = 10
150r = 10
r = .06
M = $6668

Add in the rear wheel steering and my guess will be 10k more.
Which is $80k, ($90 with FSD).
Sponsored

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
@cybertrucktruckguy did a live stream on the 4 motor announcements. Oh, and the Cybertruck Owners Club makes a showing!

LOL
Quote from Todd at 36:30
We all just wanted to like vent our spleens right?
Yep, pretty much sums up my day.

Last edited:

Jacob

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
69 BB Vette, 83 Cutlass
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
I am SUPER stoked about this news! I want mine to be a 4 motor one! Opens up so many possibilities with torque vectoring and I'm assuming a bump in power also.

Raebrek

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Toyota Highlander, 2016 Subaru Outback
Country flag
Btw, dropping the single motor seems to be dropping the lowest price target from availability they were marketing the cyber truck as. So that also contradicts everyone's certainty that prices wouldn't rise.
Dropping the single motor to allow all CybetrTrucks the ability to crab walk.

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
@cybertrucktruckguy did a live stream on the 4 motor announcements. Oh, and the Cybertruck Owners Club makes a showing!

LOL
Quote from Todd at 36:30

Yep, pretty much sums up my day.
His swinging…..factor theory and wanting to take over truck market got me a little more hopeful that pricing may stay the same for CT2. Availability in a reasonable time for me still questionable.

Dropping the single motor to allow all CybetrTrucks the ability to crab walk.
Front wheel of a rear wheel drive car can move sideway. Why would you need dual motor for crab walk?

Last edited:

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
Now that Tesla is about to enter the Beta stage I think we will see the Cybertruck web page return soon with specs and pricing.

I predict the Single Motor will be delayed until 2026 and the Tri Motor will be dropped. These are my predicted trim levels and pricing

-Quad Motor ($94,990)
-Dual Motor ($61,990)

Last edited:

CyberBC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Dodge Ram 3500, 2011 Chevy Volt
Occupation
Farrier
Country flag
As with the initial unveiling it took me overnight to process. Wow. Most people I see driving have a hard time managing 3 controls - steering front wheels, braking and accelerating. Now he's going to add 4 wheels to Power vector and another set of wheels to steer. Can't wait to see how they try to interface this. Will need neuralink to run it manually. Seems like it is much more complicated than the ABS and traction control. I feel like there will be a series of software updates until they figure it out. On the other hand the robotaxis will probably have a lot easier time utilizing these new features than we will. Anyway, I'm in for CT4V. Can't wait to set up a frozen lake pylon course and see what this thing can do. It might feel like pulling a plane out of a spin with too many control options and no sense of direction. ???

Jim Polkowski

First Name
Jim P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Traverse
Country flag
I want a dual motor, more for the battery, I would be happy with a single motor if it came sooner. I really don't care if it will come in a 4 motor configuration, I can't even afford the 3 motor one at the 2019 price, and I would love to have that 500 mile battery.
I had switched to the dual-motor from the singe a few years ago as I determined the single would not be made. I also added the full self-driving at $8000. Will Tesla honor any of their prices? IMO no, they can and will raise prices to make more money. If it gets too pricy I will just switch to a smaller SUV that will be plentiful in a few years. I really like the Ionic 5.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I had switched to the dual-motor from the singe a few years ago as I determined the single would not be made. I also added the full self-driving at $8000. Will Tesla honor any of their prices? IMO no, they can and will raise prices to make more money. If it gets too pricy I will just switch to a smaller SUV that will be plentiful in a few years. I really like the Ionic 5.
Tesla has never reneged on their pricing.

-Crissa

tidmutt

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y Performance, Model X P100D
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
I was incensed when I saw the news. My first thought was “fuck you Musk”.

I’ve waited this long for a $69K trimotor and prepared to wait until late 2022 to get it, having held a reservation since a few days after it’s initial announcement to now find out I haveto wait even longer. To avoid the extended wait time I have to likely spend a lot more money or get the model I don’t want.

If there was another EV company I actually liked, I would jump ship and I am a massive Tesla fan.

I will wait to see pricing and the options. If there is a 500 mile dual motor I might bite on that. I want the 500 miles.

We are in the middle of a 2000 mile round trip road trip in our Model 3. It’s been great and the charging for the most part not a bit deal… but…we don’t get anywhere near 300 miles of range on the highway. I suspect a 500 mile Cybertruck will get 300 or so on the highway which would really make long road trips a pleasant experience.

Incredibly disappointed by this news.

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
This is the best comment yet and probably the truth. I get really irritated with the crap Tesla pulls. I lost a Lotta hope when they canceled the Plaid plus. I am a two digit reservation holder and it would really suck for all my hopes and dreams to come crashing down lol
Elon would join Edsel Ford in the history books if @anionic1 strategy unfolds.

Tesla would make a few Cybertrucks for the wealthy, at the expense of making CT’s for many caught in the ICE .v. BEV paradigm shift and few, if any at all, single motor pickups for the working class who depend on a truck to make a living.

Not only are BEV buyers losing hope, Tesla are losing cash-on-Cybertruck buyers strategically, forcing whole classes consumers out of the Tesla brand.

Only one other automotive exec has ever had a loss of such magnitude from questionable inspiration.

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
May be true but for some of us, kicking ass is providing the features we need for a better price. Rivian is already capable of doing much more than I dare to do at a price I rather not pay. If I can get CT2 at advertised price in a timely manner, Rivian ass is already kicked. An expensive CT with capabilities I never use after I am dead is just another ridiculous Hummer.

Keep in mind, PR department is Elon sitting on his toilet bowl on twitter. Managing expectations is a function of what he ate a couple of hours ago.

Imagine members of this forum typing CT2x2 or CT2² instead of CT4 in the next 20 years. The total difference in time used may be a life time waisted. If you got two letters, I am all ears otherwise I am sticking with CT4. In fact I would be inclined to use C4 if I was not afraid I may end up on a terrorist watch list.
Then call it CB4 :p
Tesla Cybertruck ? Quad Motor Cybertruck and Crab Walk (Independent Front & Rear Wheel Steering) Confirmed!! TlXttqY-UJwiijYjvavnRg9YtEALBWziP5t8tUqakFDvYq-Wt6

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Incredibly disappointed by this news.
Why?

The Cybertruck has to wait for the factory and batteries to be ready anyhow.

We were already waiting on the new schedule to be announced 'some time in 2022'. The fourth quarter investor call is 'some time in 2022'.

And Elon didn't say it was delayed, or the price increased. Nothing has really changed, except we now know the top trim is the quad-motor instead of the tri-motor.

-Crissa

Last edited:

Balthezor

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover, 2020 Model Y
Country flag
Why?

The Cybertruck has to wait for the factory and batteries to be ready anyhow.

We were already waiting on the new schedule to be announced 'some time in 2022'.

And Elon didn't say it was delayed, or the price increased. Nothing has really changed, except we now know the top trim is the quad-motor instead of the tri-motor.

-Crissa
This is why we have Crissa. A voice of reason and to help with this wave of people freaking out.

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
As with the initial unveiling it took me overnight to process. Wow. Most people I see driving have a hard time managing 3 controls - steering front wheels, braking and accelerating. Now he's going to add 4 wheels to Power vector and another set of wheels to steer. Can't wait to see how they try to interface this. Will need neuralink to run it manually. Seems like it is much more complicated than the ABS and traction control. I feel like there will be a series of software updates until they figure it out. On the other hand the robotaxis will probably have a lot easier time utilizing these new features than we will. Anyway, I'm in for CT4V. Can't wait to set up a frozen lake pylon course and see what this thing can do. It might feel like pulling a plane out of a spin with too many control options and no sense of direction. ???
That stuff will be software managed. You will just have simple toggle between modes buttons in the menu. Tesla is self admittedly a tech company, not a car company. Tech companies are experts at user interface design and finding elegant solutions to problems like this. Car companies find clunky and heavy handed ways to add buttons or stalks/levers to the dashboard.
Sponsored

Last edited: