Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche on the weekends, diesel truck mon-fri
Occupation
Arms dealer and musician
Country flag
I dont think you can sell a vehicle in the US w/out mirrors.
Sponsored

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Today, sure. 2024?

Okay, probably in 2024, too, but supposedly NHTSA was supposed to make their decision in 2020. But instead they apparently blew their research budget without even starting their homework until this year.

-Crissa

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
No one's gonna mention no mirrors?
Stellantis is pretty authoritative, maybe they're expecting lax mirror law by 2024. Cameras are good now.
It is a concept. Lots of concept vehicles have some features that might be illegal is one country or another.

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
In addition I believe the U.S. federal level mandates new vehicle must be delivered with mirrors but it is mostly state laws the dictate operations. Some states allow owners/operators without some mirrors and many even mandate larger mirrors for certain operations (ie. towing).

Hopefully U.S. regulations allow cameras as replacement for mirrors soon.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
"a phoenix obtains new life by rising from the ashes of its predecessor."

I have a feeling this is the only viable Legacy strategy.
They are going about it in different ways, but in essence, regardless of profit, they are preparing a product to hopefully rebuild their brand upon when they get to the other side.

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
I really hope they succeed. Tesla needs competition at some point and Rivian and Ford are not it. I watch Munro videos and they don't think Rivian will be able to become profitable and Ford really did a half assed job. The amount of hoses for the Ford is just beyond insane.

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
I really hope they succeed. Tesla needs competition at some point and Rivian and Ford are not it. I watch Munro videos and they don't think Rivian will be able to become profitable and Ford really did a half assed job. The amount of hoses for the Ford is just beyond insane.
I think if Rivian threw a few million dollars at Munro, they’d show them how to get profitable in a hurry.

I think Ford made some calculated risk decisions. Do it right, but be a year behind, or do it ok for now, get something in the market then make it better in the next model year (or 2, or 3…). They chose get in market now. Was that the right decision? I guess we’ll see. I think it was.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I think if Rivian threw a few million dollars at Munro, they’d show them how to get profitable in a hurry.

I think Ford made some calculated risk decisions. Do it right, but be a year behind, or do it ok for now, get something in the market then make it better in the next model year (or 2, or 3…). They chose get in market now. Was that the right decision? I guess we’ll see. I think it was.
Munro can only give suggestions, he can't be sure which path there is within their grasp.

-Crissa

fhteagle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Volt, CT Res x2
Country flag
Insideevs has an infographic saying only 150kW DC charging, and now I see that same number echoed on TFLTruck. I really hope that charging speed is a typo, or an under promise over deliver kind of thing. I will not be signing up to fill a 159 or 200 kWh battery at 150kW peak.

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag

Minimum viable product has been Ford approach for a very long time. When I say quality does Ford pop into your mind? What about durable? Why would they change?
What is a "calculated" risk decision?

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
Minimum viable product has been Ford approach for a very long time. When I say quality does Ford pop into your mind? What about durable? Why would they change?
Eh, sometimes I like to throw the word "calculated" in just to sound smart. :)

Deleted member 5322

When I say quality does Tesla pop into your mind 😃
Sponsored