Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche on the weekends, diesel truck mon-fri
Occupation
Arms dealer and musician
Country flag
I wouldn't even consider buying an EV from any company other than Tesla, with only one possible exception - Lucid.
That damned SUV they are working on looks incredible.
Sponsored

SolarWizard

First Name
MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.0L JT // Quad CT
Occupation
solar, DCFC & battery biz owner
Country flag
Honestly if they didn't put the weird black and white decal on the front you would never know it was a new model. Looks like every other truck on the road. And if you took off the RAM badge you wouldn't even know what manufacturer made it
any complete novice to cars would have no idea is which but that somewhat similar design has been led by market forces and history and function. Trucks started as wheel barrows with steering wheels and have grown into the top piece if the vehicle marketplace. Theres no way to say this without being snarky but wagging your finger and throwing disdain at something, That literally has built america, built factories including tesla’s and nearly single handedly taken aftermarket parts industries from paltry hobbies into an innovation behemoth., is at best shallow and at worst is a direct insult to the millions of lives vehicles like these have directly improved.
I’m here because I ordered a truck but the casual nature that anything non tesla around here is treated just screams elitist and progress without homage to the past leads to all sorts of unforeseen outcomes.
without these trucks there is no cybertruck. Same goes for the semi and really every other tesla product.

SolarWizard

First Name
MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.0L JT // Quad CT
Occupation
solar, DCFC & battery biz owner
Country flag
FORD Lightning EV sold out, even though essentially its old ladder frame pickup on new wishbones.

Stellantis saw how FORD was making a quick EV and doubled down. Its now a legit accepted classe of pickup the “Tenderfoot pickup”.
Ram’s EV truck will look nothing like this one, just like the Ford EV mule that literally pulled a train looked nothing like the current F150, that was however because ford did not want anyone seeing their next gen platform and so is this.

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
Ram’s EV truck will look nothing like this one
Good catch, really. Thanks.

Stellantis aren’t hiding the fact that they are running an old horse on new EV drive units. To your point, it has camo’d whatever gizmo they have on the front fender. So it could be a test mule. and the camo bit is innovation Stellantis have for the RAM.

Both JEEP and RAM are enough to save the company. Stellantis get either one right it can lead to bridging its other stable mates. Sandy Monroe loves what Stellantis have done with RAM. I like your take on the photo op!

Edit: Jeep Is Bankrupt

Last edited:

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Ram’s EV truck will look nothing like this one, just like the Ford EV mule that literally pulled a train looked nothing like the current F150, that was however because ford did not want anyone seeing their next gen platform and so is this.
Ford's prototypes looked better, tho ^-^

It's just a testing mule, it's gonna look ugly.

-Crissa

GlockandRoll

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche on the weekends, diesel truck mon-fri
Occupation
Arms dealer and musician
Country flag
Absolutely not, no way... Rivian is Ford DNA.
Ford makes the shittiest cars on the planet. More lemon lawsuits than the next 2-3 brands combined.

I used to work for Ford in dealer services and MANY family members have bought MANY Fords, and they are just too problematic and the dealers don't give you a loaner, because everyone else that bought a fucking Ford has theirs in the shop also.

After more than a decade away from Ford, I forgot my lessons and bought a brand new 2015 Mustang Ecoboost premium with performance package, it was loaded.

I didn't get to enjoy it though, because in 1 year and 8K miles it spent about 2 months in the shop.

Yep, you guessed it... I lemon f'lawed it.

Oh, and a friend here in Austin told me I was a retard for pre-ordering a Cybertruck, he bought an F150 power boost, and I had to refer him to the lemon law attorney that helped me with my mustang.

Fuck ford.
Fuck ford hard.

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
they actually say?
Nah, just having a go at the pre-release profile drop.

What’s left? What would you do if the SUV pickup, regular stakebed work pickup and camp pickup were already contested? I’m Stellantis with a great name like RAM, I can’t go compact, so go Big or go home.

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
No one's gonna mention no mirrors?
Stellantis is pretty authoritative, maybe they're expecting lax mirror law by 2024. Cameras are good now.
Sponsored