Range extender how useful is it really?? cost vs time savings..... Definitely not worth it to most

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
Unfortunately, the Cyber Truck is a Truck and not a “Road trip car”. People like myself buy Trucks for for the full utility of the Truck Bed like carrying motorcycles on long trips into the backcountry, camping and overlanding. C’mon Elon?!
I think that I can safely say that the definition of a "Road trip car" is very different than yours.

The ultimate "road trip car" doesn't seem to be anything like your needs.
Tesla Cybertruck Range extender how useful is it really?? cost vs time savings..... Definitely not worth it to most 1707335856804
Sponsored

Nexus6

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, Chevy Colorado Bison, Chevy Suburban 2500
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
Woodrick, if you have to ask why I don’t ride my bike the whole way; I guess you don’t go deep into the backcountry, set up a base camp and go further into the backcountry on two wheels then do you, and please the comment about the Range extender messing up the weight distribution on this truck if it were mounted lower in the “Smuggler’s Bay” is a laughable reason when the truck is capable of carrying 2500lbs in the bed.
I think I found my solution for covering the range extender and regaining the full length of the bed over at Unplugged Performance. I’ll be buying a lot of real world Truck/ Offroad / Overlanding Solutions from them. https://unpluggedperformance.com/product/tesla-cybertruck-invincible-bed-storage-slider-system/
Tesla Cybertruck Range extender how useful is it really?? cost vs time savings..... Definitely not worth it to most IMG_8696

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
Woodrick, if you have to ask why I don’t ride my bike the whole way; I guess you don’t go deep into the backcountry, set up a base camp and go further into the backcountry on two wheels then do you, and please the comment about the Range extender messing up the weight distribution on this truck if it were mounted lower in the “Smuggler’s Bay” is a laughable reason when the truck is capable of carrying 2500lbs in the bed.
I think I found my solution for covering the range extender and regaining the full length of the bed over at Unplugged Performance. I’ll be buying a lot of real world Truck/ Offroad / Overlanding Solutions from them. https://unpluggedperformance.com/product/tesla-cybertruck-invincible-bed-storage-slider-system/
You missed my statement. You called it a "Road Trip Car" and just the very statement doesn't say truck.
And road trip cars aren't designed to go deep into the backcountry.

So you are shoehorning the truck into your needs and then blaming it because you don't think that it fits.

Take a look at the unplugged storage. All it does it fills up essentially the entire bed. Sure you can put the bikes on top of it, but you are also assuming that it will fit with the battery.

If you were to step back and try to think positive, you may realize that the range extender may not be a big issue for you. Just lift the bike's front wheel on top of it. I believe that the range extender will even be shorter than the unplugged storage.

Oh, and you think that putting the battery in the smugglers bay would be a good idea? Well, you just blew the load capacity of the rear axle and can't put the bikes in it.

Nexus6

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, Chevy Colorado Bison, Chevy Suburban 2500
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
@Woodrick-

You missed the previous dialogue with LastStarfighter. I didn’t call it a “road trip car”. I used quotes as it was The LastStarfighter’s description not mine.

I would never describe a Truck as a Car because I have always used my Trucks as Trucks not as cars with a bed.
Based on your comments and the lack of understanding on how truck people use trucks, I gather you have never owned a truck nor have ever gone offroad and camped in the backcountry with a truck.

You probably fall into the category of CyberTruck owners that will drive it like a “road trip car” and never take it off the pavement and only load suitcases and groceries in it.

THIS IS A TRUCK.
Designed to compete with the utility and functionality of other TRUCKS while disrupting the industry by introducing new technologies.

Enthusiasts are going to use it and modify their TRUCKS, just like they do with their Tacomas, Jeep Gladiators, Chevy Colorados etc.

Although, YOU may not understand Overlanding, the guys over at Unplugged Performance do.
https://unpluggedperformance.com/cybertruck/cybertruck-off-road-overlanding-upgrades/

So until you try and or understand Overlanding I’d “stay in your lane” .
ON THE PAVEMENT AND IN THE BURBS.

Tesla Cybertruck Range extender how useful is it really?? cost vs time savings..... Definitely not worth it to most IMG_8711
Tesla Cybertruck Range extender how useful is it really?? cost vs time savings..... Definitely not worth it to most IMG_8706
Sponsored