Rattle after rear view mirror delete

espresso-drumbeat

First Name
Espresso
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
I've tried removing the rear view internal mirror but did not like the empty recessed octagon base, and put it back up, but then got tired of the useless mirror and got rid of it after all. After I removed the mirror, though, a rattle developed from the front camera assembly cover. The rattling was music induced, not driving: more base - more rattle. To get rid of the rattle I ended up attaching a piece of Velcro, the loop (soft fuzzy) part to the other side of where mirror was, the other side of this:

1710180262651.png
Sponsored

Last edited:

JGTESLA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Foundation Cyberbeast, G Class Mercedes
Country flag
Just to confirm I follow, you just attached a small piece of Velcro adhered to the other side of that small door and then closed it again?

OP
OP

espresso-drumbeat

First Name
Espresso
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Just to confirm I follow, you just attached a small piece of Velcro adhered to the other side of that small door and then closed it again?
Yes.
My theory is that, after the rearview mirror removal, the large flat cover loses it's anchor point that the mirror provided, resulting in allowing that cover to vibrate more producing rattle.

JGTESLA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Foundation Cyberbeast, G Class Mercedes
Country flag
Yes.
My theory is that, after the rearview mirror removal, the large flat cover loses it's anchor point that the mirror provided, resulting in allowing that cover to vibrate more producing rattle.
Sounds reasonable to me. Just bought a Velcro pack on Amazon coming later today.

Didn’t think I was going to remove the rear view mirror but after taking delivery and seeing how comically small and pointless it is, I’m going to opt into better front visibility and take this little guy down later today.

SentinelOne

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
See Sig
Occupation
IT
Country flag
one of the first things im doing