First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Ordered
Country flag
New video with nice long ogling of the RC Cybertruck 😋

Spotted by Dima Zeniuk at Las Vegas Supercharger Station.

And a great video from Greggertruck

Sponsored

Last edited:

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
WOW.. You seriously have to back up all the way like that... RIP superchargers.
That's the way we already do it with any Tesla. Fortunately, the rear backup camera makes it super easy.

It's designed that way on purpose to reduce the chance of people being able to run over the cable end and to reduce the cost of routine cable replacements. I would say, RIP non-Tesla Superchargers with vunerable cables, messy cable management and expensive cable replacements that are needed much more often due to people running over them. That thick cable capable of 150 -250 kW is expensive and the price is per foot. The longer it is, the more likely someone will steal it or run it over.

There is a reason why Superchargers are more numerous than all the other networks fast DC chargers put together! I LOVE cables just long enough to reach a standardized charge port location. I don't know anyone who likes to wrestle long and heavy cables around.

I'm going to guess that the recent NACS agreements between Tesla and the other big OEM's includes putting the NACS charge ports on the driver's side rear. Why any manufacturer would ever have put a port on the passenger side (or on the front of the vehicle) is beyond my pay grade. Tesla has come to the rescue again and shown the other OEM's the light.

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MYLR, '23 Mavrick Hybrid, Cyberbeast 113344xxx
Occupation
Current Operations for... an organization
Country flag
Tesla is still validating systems in the Cybertruck. I don’t see Delivery Day happening this month.
Tesla can do a delivery event this month to enough insiders to satisfy the "They did the event on time" crowd and then over-the-air update any systems that need it. Heck, they can even move entire components and then either call in those early delivered trucks for the fix or just swap them out. They'll be in-house people who will most likely sign some kind of documents saying they understand there may be changes that they'll need to address.

Baldey

First Name
Jenia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla M3, ct reservation
Occupation
QA automation
Country flag
WOW.. You seriously have to back up all the way like that... RIP superchargers.
They said something about upgrading the cables when they add the ccs adapter to support the opening of SCs to other brands. But this still has me worried.. Someone hit a charger in my M3 already (no damage to car thankfully, but cracked the super charger) , renters are going to bash into everything in this truck..

rudedawg78

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired USAF, Emergency Manager
Country flag
They said something about upgrading the cables when they add the ccs adapter to support the opening of SCs to other brands. But this still has me worried.. Someone hit a charger in my M3 already (no damage to car thankfully, but cracked the super charger) , renters are going to bash into everything in this truck..
Isn't there a backup sensor alarm in Teslas to help prevent hitting objects?

Baldey

First Name
Jenia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla M3, ct reservation
Occupation
QA automation
Country flag
Isn't there a backup sensor alarm in Teslas to help prevent hitting objects?
Ya, but it goes off @ like 20 inches, and isn't super accurate without USS. and even with USS, its not accurate as it will miss stuff like low boxes or skinny poles that are out of the sensor's view. Besides, that truck is parked an inch away..

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
Why any manufacturer would ever have put a port on the passenger side (or on the front of the vehicle) is beyond my pay grade.
If two BEVs get to the last open charging station at the same time, the one that can go head in will likely get the spot (unless the cable is too short). I would be much more patient with a full battery backing out slowly after a successful charging session that I would be backing in when I am tired and in case of EA or other network having to try three stations backing in before I get one working right. Both front and back has advantages. If you have a dominant network you know most drivers will be using, it makes sense to put the port which will work with that network best.
Sponsored