Fritztech

First Name
Fritz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 GMC Yukon XL Denali
Country flag
I have a six year old GMC Yukon XL Denali. I can wait 5 to 10 years. My other Yukon lasted 16 years, barely. Cybertruck is the answer. If gasoline gets too expensive before then, Model Y it is.
Sponsored

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
My last truck was 20 years old and running when I got rid of it. Current one is 4 months old. Although current EVs may be more disposable than old ICE, it's 8 year powertrain warranty should get me enough time.

davelloydbrown

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3, silverado
Occupation
veterinarian - retired
Country flag
I have a 2009 silverado that is running well and has no rust because I get it rust treated yearly (I live in Canada). My other vehicle is a 2018 model 3, which is a great car but I really need a truck. According to the spreadsheet I should be getting my CT next May, hopefully the model 3 will still be worth something on the trade in.

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lariat Lightning
Country flag
I have a six year old GMC Yukon XL Denali. I can wait 5 to 10 years. My other Yukon lasted 16 years, barely. Cybertruck is the answer. If gasoline gets too expensive before then, Model Y it is.
I placed a reservation for the CyberTruck November 2019.

In the meantime, I am driving a Ford Lightning Extended Range.

Realistically I think November 2024 is about when I can hope for delivery, but in Elon time that might be Summer 2025. I assume my Lighnting will be good until Summer 2025.

I am excited about both the truck AND the charging network. Driving through rural New York State, Pennslyvania and Maryland is a chess match when you are trying to find charging PODs. Plus, when you do find them you have to juggle 4-5 different apps....and pray the throughput charging speed is anywhere close to what it is supposed to be. All my experiences charging with a Tesla has been flawless, and fast.

KHappe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck on order
Country flag
I was driving a 2007 Rav4. I was putting oil in it every other week. Trying to make it last until I get my CT.
Last month, the Rav4 was parked on the street in front of my house. A kid late to a wedding hit and totaled the Rav4.

Got a used Model 3 to drive until the CT. But the stock price needs to recover soonish, if I'm going to be able the afford the CT.

Come on stock.

Baldey

First Name
Jenia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla M3, ct reservation
Occupation
QA automation
Country flag
I got a new job last week, just to afford the CT :p Still have downpayment, credit, and now proof of income ready! Placed my reservation within the first 5 minutes. I hope they keep to their original pricing goals, but i am prepared to pay three figures, if i must.

Expecting delivery around the end of the year. CT ramp should be faster than the M3 ramp was, but still expecting about 6 months after first deliveries at end of Q3 this year to get my 4000th truck :D Would be great to get it before christmas, but i suspect February next year is more likely..

davelloydbrown

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3, silverado
Occupation
veterinarian - retired
Country flag
I placed a reservation for the CyberTruck November 2019.

In the meantime, I am driving a Ford Lightning Extended Range.

Realistically I think November 2024 is about when I can hope for delivery, but in Elon time that might be Summer 2025. I assume my Lighnting will be good until Summer 2025.

I am excited about both the truck AND the charging network. Driving through rural New York State, Pennslyvania and Maryland is a chess match when you are trying to find charging PODs. Plus, when you do find them you have to juggle 4-5 different apps....and pray the throughput charging speed is anywhere close to what it is supposed to be. All my experiences charging with a Tesla has been flawless, and fast.
When I first got my model 3 in June of 2018, I took a drive from my home which is north of Toronto to Boston to visit my sister. I was pleasantly surprised how my tesla sent me to chargers along the way to make charging seamless. If i drove faster and used more battery, it would recalculate and either tell me to slow down or direct me to another charger. Since then there are far more charging stations and the algoritm is vastly improved. In those first couple of years, in the winter time I would usually make sure that I had another 20% charge than required to reach my destination. Now the algorithm is bang on and accounts for wind, temperature and driving style. Non tesla owners do not realize the competitive advantage of tesla's charging network which concerns me if they open it up to other cars.

MonkeyDeLuffy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maverick
Occupation
Math In-and-Out
Country flag
I like this forum so much that I am gonna provide free online counseling service to any member that is anxious while waiting. This is how it works: Like this post, your name will show up somewhere in this post then your anxiety should be relieved. Repeat this step if symptoms persist. Lemur Carpe Diem~

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lariat Lightning
Country flag
When I first got my model 3 in June of 2018, I took a drive from my home which is north of Toronto to Boston to visit my sister. I was pleasantly surprised how my tesla sent me to chargers along the way to make charging seamless. If i drove faster and used more battery, it would recalculate and either tell me to slow down or direct me to another charger. Since then there are far more charging stations and the algoritm is vastly improved. In those first couple of years, in the winter time I would usually make sure that I had another 20% charge than required to reach my destination. Now the algorithm is bang on and accounts for wind, temperature and driving style. Non tesla owners do not realize the competitive advantage of tesla's charging network which concerns me if they open it up to other cars.
Love my Lightning....but the Tesla charger software and charging network beats the pants off what NON Tesla owners like Lightning owers have to use.

I will be ready for my Cybertruck....whenever that time comes. If the Cybertruck is just as good as a 2023 Model Y, it will be awesome. If it is better, it could be my "forever" vehicle. (or at least for 10+ years)

OP
OP

Fritztech

First Name
Fritz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 GMC Yukon XL Denali
Country flag
I was driving a 2007 Rav4. I was putting oil in it every other week. Trying to make it last until I get my CT.
Last month, the Rav4 was parked on the street in front of my house. A kid late to a wedding hit and totaled the Rav4.

Got a used Model 3 to drive until the CT. But the stock price needs to recover soonish, if I'm going to be able the afford the CT.

Come on stock.
I just got an offer to work at Tesla, have been unemployed for 3 months and have stock at $189. So, yes. Come on CT!!!

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
My 01 silverado was old enough to drink!
Sponsored