First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RAM POWERWAGON
Country flag
Hi Everyone,

When I watched the video for CT truck entering the museum I noticed the license plate as to how bright it is. When I saw it at the museum I noticed how dark it is. Take a look at both photos below. I think the plate that is imbedded in the rear bumper changes colors based on lighting conditions. What do you guys think?

Tesla Cybertruck REAR LICENSE PLATE 1594229796563

Tesla Cybertruck REAR LICENSE PLATE 1594229796651
Sponsored

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 LR, Founders CT (Ordered)
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
CA requires a normal plate on the front, but permits digital on the back. Could have just been on there to avoid issue in transit since they clearly wanted to have the CYBRTRK on display.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
CA requires a normal plate on the front, but permits digital on the back. Could have just been on there to avoid issue in transit since they clearly wanted to have the CYBRTRK on display.
California doesn’t require a front plate. Most California cars don’t have one. Maybe it requires that if you have one it has to be the normal one.

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⼕丫⻏?尺セ尺ㄩ⼕长
Country flag
California doesn’t require a front plate. Most California cars don’t have one. Maybe it requires that if you have one it has to be the normal one.
Not sure where your info is from. I havnt checked in the last couple years but a cop friend told me we do require a front plate. A quick web search (not Google) confirmed this

Last edited:

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 LR, Founders CT (Ordered)
Occupation
Technician
Country flag

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/codes_displaySection.xhtml?lawCode=VEH&sectionNum=5200

CA absolutely does. Unless you can register your CT as a tractor or get it listed as some kind of Tractor vehicle you're going to get 2. Even my work truck, which is a 5 ton vehicle, got 2 plates.
I stand corrected. I have been chasing this down, unsuccessfully, for the past 20 minutes. I went to your link, which is an ancient statute, but haven’t found any changes to it in the intervening years. I also cannot find any pages that talk about whether the front license plate statute is or should be enforced, but you are right about the statute. This said, my wife’s Model 3 didn’t even come with mounting points for the front plate.

hridge2020

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
Aircraft Fixed/Rotary - Rocket/Missile/Spacecraft/Air Defense Scientist
Country flag

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
If it was on private property I don't see how thats legitimate. If it was in the county/city/state street then legal to do based on each state/city/county guideliness.
That surprised me too. It was a fixit ticket so I fixed it though.

Gvardaman

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW 330ci, VW Corrado (non-op)
Occupation
Country flag
It is the law, but npt enforced `very strictly In all areas. I drove a Mini Cooper with a (fake) European front plate that Matched the rear CA one for around 11 years beforebI got a ticket (fix-it). I lived in the same city in Southern California the entire time. The officer giving me the ticket said that they (meaning he and his partner, I assume) were the “only ones who cared about front plates.”
They were sitting on motorcycles on the side of the road in plain sight with radar guns, so he was looking right at the front of my car. Might have been the first time for that, where I was passing a cop who was looking back down the road at me and ready to,pull me over.

I will probably delay attaching the front plate On the cybertruck as long as possible, maybe until I get the fix-it ticket. I just really dislike the look...
So, what is the digital plate mentioned above? Have to go look that up!

Last edited:

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
It is the law, but npt enforced `very strictly In all areas. I drove a Mini Cooper with a (fake) European front plate that Matched the rear CA one for around 11 years beforebI got a ticket (fix-it). I lived in the same city in Southern California the entire time. The officer giving me the ticket said that they (meaning he Nd his partner, I assume) were the only ones who cared about front plates.
They were sitting on motorcycles on the side of the road in plain sight with radar guns, so he was looking right at the front of my car. Might have been the first time for that, where I was passing a cop who was looking back down the road at me and ready to,pull me over.

I will probably delay attaching the front plate On the cybertruck as long as possible, maybe until I get the fix-it ticket. I just really dislike the look...
So, what is the digital plate mentioned above? Have to go look that up!
I don’t know how many there are out there but this one is based on epaper and does the day / night shift described:

https://www.reviver.com/

Gvardaman

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW 330ci, VW Corrado (non-op)
Occupation
Country flag

spid7154

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Silverado, 71 Monte Carlo, 54 Bel Air
Occupation
Finance Mgr
Country flag