Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Man, what a bummer of an article. They said they couldn't compare to the tri-motor, but no one knows what the specs of the fleet Lightning will be, either, since no one has one...

-Crissa

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Man, what a bummer of an article. They said they couldn't compare to the tri-motor, but no one knows what the specs of the fleet Lightning will be, either, since no one has one...

-Crissa
exactly

Ford positioned its products and pricing so they couldn't be directly compared, They can’t possibly afford to put all those batteries in and compete with Tesla.

Reminds me of the 2 fruit shops having a potato price war. In the end, one of the managers visits the other, ' Mate, why are we destroying ourselves selling potatoes well below cost?' The other manager says, 'I don't give a shit !, I don't have any potatoes !!!!!!!

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS Cybertruck
Country flag
The article is obviously anti-Cybertruck. It's meant to make people think they are being reaasonable paying $90K for a truck that is not even a shadow of a Cybertruck. They don't even mention towing and payload which is the purpose of a truck! Cybertruck has a huge payload advantage, even on the cheapest version! And towing too.

Then they have this gem to pretend like the Cybertruck will be even later than anticipated:
After introducing the Cybertruck in November 2019, Tesla delayed production twice. According to recent information from Tesla CEO Elon Musk, the development might start anytime next year. On the other hand, the 2022 F-150 Lightning is on its way for market launch in spring.
First, they didn't even mention the very low planned numbers of first year production of the F-150. And the second year. And they conflate the start of volume production of the Cybertruck with the "development" of the Cybertruck. The Cybertruck has been under continuous development since before it was first announced in late 2019.

I have to wonder about the legitimacy of anyone who characterizes this article as "refreshing" or who thinks it presents a balanced, informed perspective. They also link to a FUD video that claims to test similar stainless to that announced for the Cybertruck. Which is impossible since cold rolled steel comes in at least 6 different grades of hardness and Tesla didn't specify exactly what alloy would be used or how hard it would be.

Dumb article.

Last edited:

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I pulled the one interesting thing out of this article.

Tesla Cybertruck Refreshing article, less cyber-bashing lately—Cybertruck vs Ford Lightning 1649542532574

It’s not a great photoshop job, but I like the nature and style of it.

As for the rest. They lost me when they compared the base Cybertruck to the base F-150 and said the F-150 “won” because it has AWD. Ignoring the air suspension, adjustable lift, better range…

Not suggesting Cybertruck “Wins” either. Fundamentally it’s pointless to compare the Cybertruck to anything until final specs are out.

OP
OP
Foxx

Foxx

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, Outback, Eventually a damn Cybertruck
Occupation
Flight Nurse/paramedic/Fire medic, Major USAF
Country flag
The article is obviously anti-Cybertruck. It's meant to make people think they are being reaasonable paying $90K for a truck that is not even a shadow of a Cybertruck. They don't even mention towing and payload which is the purpose of a truck! Cybertruck has a huge payload advantage, even on the cheapest version! And towing too.

Then they have this gem to pretend like the Cybertruck will be even later than anticipated:

First, they didn't even mention the very low planned numbers of first year production of the F-150. And the second year. And they conflate the start of volume production of the Cybertruck with the "development" of the Cybertruck. The Cybertruck has been under continuous development since before it was first announced in late 2019.

I have to wonder about the legitimacy of anyone who characterizes this article as "refreshing" or who thinks it presents a balanced, informed perspective. They also link to a FUD video that claims to test similar stainless to that announced for the Cybertruck. Which is impossible since cold rolled steel comes in at least 6 different grades of hardness and Tesla didn't specify exactly what alloy would be used or how hard it would be.

Dumb article.

Dumb article.
My point of “ refreshing “ Statement is that I feel like I’m seeing more acceptance of cybertruck in the mainstream. Anecdotally, there has been less “hating on the cybertruck” in the last few months. I do not characterize this article as pro cybertruck.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
My point of “ refreshing “ Statement is that I feel like I’m seeing more acceptance of cybertruck in the mainstream. Anecdotally, there has been less “hating on the cybertruck” in the last few months. I do not characterize this article as pro cybertruck.
It’s not hating on the Cybertruck and takes it seriously which is refreshing. I think they are a bit premature on their comparison though.
Sponsored