Remote viewing of car cameras?

Bigfoot DeLorean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
Country flag
This may already be a feature on existing Teslas...but...

Can/will you be able to activate and see the view through the various car cameras on your phone/computer? Would be very handy when parking in a pay lot and paying through a remote app in the event you forgot to check what space you were in. One of the cameras would likely be able to see the lot space sign on the ground, in front of the car, etc.

Again, not sure if this is already a thing or not...anyone know?
Sponsored

drcarric2650

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150
Country flag
Interesting timing, I believe that Elon responded to a similar question this week. He stated the bandwidth would be too high to send that much data, but perhaps they may be able to transfer a lower resolution. I'm guessing no, but perhaps when his satellites are up and running, he may change his mind.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
You can tell where your car is via the app. For example, I made an appointment for annual service and they told me to take it in on the 23. I cold see that it sat out in the parking lot until yesterday afternoon (the 26th).

Last edited:
OP
OP

Bigfoot DeLorean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
Country flag
Interesting timing, I believe that Elon responded to a similar question this week. He stated the bandwidth would be too high to send that much data, but perhaps they may be able to transfer a lower resolution. I'm guessing no, but perhaps when his satellites are up and running, he may change his mind.
From my perspective, I’d want an image, not video, and only if I requested it. For me it would be a benefit, but my need for it is pretty specific.

OP
OP

Bigfoot DeLorean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
Country flag
You can tell where your car is via the app. For example, I made an appointment for annual service and they told me to take it in on the 23. I cold see that it sat out in the parking lot until yesterday afternoon (the 26th).
If it gives you accuracy down to the parking space, that would solve my problem (if I had a diagram of parking space numbers). But I doubt it would be that specific?? Again, the need is for the occasional event that I forgot what exact space I parked in so I can pay for it, not determining the general vicinity my car is in.

Of course, the low tech solution would be making sure I noted my spot number every day, but unfortunately my internal processor can be probe to failure.
Sponsored